Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

What have you changed your mind about since getting into denim?

I used to hate FC's, FH's, and Warehouse's arcs, but now I've grown fond of them. Slubby fabrics have also lost their appeal since I started out. Don't get me wrong, PBJ can look nice, but I feel like the subtle look of FC or Warehouse is better for me now.

I was against keeping my phone in the front pocket for ages, but after upgrading to an iPhone 6S I've been keeping it in my front pocket. I decided that the heavily slanted back pocket fade looks worse, and I don't want to stain my light-colored case with indigo. Because the thigh isn't tight on my jeans anyway and I take it out when I sit down, I don't expect it'll leave a very strong imprint like the older, sharper iPhones do.

Here's another topic I don't know where to place! Let's talk socks. What do you guys wear?

In the past year I've gotten addicted to Stance socks. Love their patterns, colors, and quality. Just the right thickness and stretchiness too.

Edited by Cold Summer

Have tried out a few different boot socks lately: Pherrow's, Samurai, Toys McCoy, and Anonymousism. 

The Toys McCoys were nice and thick, but lost their elastacity way too soon. The Samurai are still new, but the indigo makes my toes blue, and they're overpriced. Very comfy and thick though. The Anonymousism are decent, on the thinner and cheaper side, but nice enough. The Pherrow's so far are holding up the best, are thick enough, and cheaper than most of the other Japanese wool boot socks out there.

Edited by Iron Horse

Weird denim hang ups....

- I think that skinny black jeans are cool and worn by rock stars, I think skinny blue jeans look girly and are worn by baristas and art students.

- I feel guilty for owning six pairs of jeans and get an occasional urge to sell all of them apart from one pair.

I must admit I'm only wearing Stance. Can't justify 30 bucks for Chups or Anonymous, especially as I fear they slouch. Fit is most important to me and I find stance to fit the best. And they lasted me the longest of all my pairs.

Same here. They seem to be the best bang for the buck (of the ones I've tried.) I'm sure Chup and Anonymousism are very nice but they're too expensive for me to justify. Flat Head's merino wool socks are also very nice, the only reason I don't own a few pairs is that they're probably a little too small for my foot. 

For a few years I wore Omni-Wool merino wool socks almost every day in winter, these were great when I lived in the frozen reaches of Japan, and they're a great value (very warm and durable for the money - I've never gotten a hole in a pair) but even there I had the issue of these socks making my feet hot and sweaty all the time.

I only wear two brands.  The Kirkland (Costco) trail socks.  They're cheap, they're durable, they're 100% wool and they're cheap.  The other are People Socks.  They're thicker than the Kirkland but they're a wool blend.  They're quite nice for a good price as well.  I probably wear the People Socks more often than the Kirkland.

I also have some Toy McCoy cotton boot socks I don't wear too often.  I really only wear them in the summer.  They don't retain heat very much so they're ideal.

Edited by dwilson123

I wear itchy wool socks. I think there's a little polyester in there somewhere for structure. The itchiness helps me to appear distracted and in a foul mood. Kidding. But really, it's because I got used to them I haven't worn any other type of sock for the past decade - I have thin itchy wool socks, thick itchy wool socks, and very thick itchy wool socks. I'm pretty certain I'll try a nice pair of socks one day and wonder why I wasted my life on crappy socks. 

I'm pretty certain I'll try a nice pair of socks one day and wonder why I wasted my life on crappy socks. 

That's kind of how I felt after getting some Chup socks. I still have a ton of cheap Uniqlo ones and they serve their purpose but I could personally feel the difference after a full day on my feet. Same goes for Stance or any of the brands mentioned so far.

so what do you guys think about THIS?

90456563.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=201509041910

Not my cup of tea...