TCB

On 8/2/2024 at 3:13 PM, rbeck said:

People get so scared of marbling their jeans in the wash, but it always looks so cool when they do get marbled. Good shit. 

I don’t get it either. It usually looks amazing imo. 

great looking pair @Sympathy-For-The-Denim

how’s the fit in you opinion? It’s the rise and thigh that I’m probably the most worried about. 

For TCB 30s you can just take your waist size. It fits true to the measurements on the website. The seat is generous enough to size down once if you want a trimmer look, or you can size up once or twice if you want to wear them like a TCB guy in the instagram pictures. I wear size 34 in 30s, 40s, tabbys work pant, cats drive, the new 1890. 50s jeans I wear size 36 because the 34 is too tight in the seat.

they have a fairly high rise which I was aiming for. If I had known how much the denim stretches I would have sized down one size for the have quite a "hip flare" due to ratio of waist and seat and my lack of buttocks... I got a pair of ww2 too that funnily stretches hardly at all

On 8/2/2024 at 2:38 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

I have a 30s jacket and I can tell you the denim is blooming nice!

🤣 excellent

Edit: how do you find it fits compared to other TCB jackets, if you have any reference?

Edited by blooming

^ The only other reference point I have is a TCB Seamen’s jacket (which fits but I’ve never worn) in size 38 whilst my 30s jacket is size 42. Although completely different styles, they both feel of a similar size (ie both should have the same size label in them) if that makes sense.

I originally had a size 40 in the 30s jacket, which I wore for a couple of years but it just felt too small, particularly when done up so I sold it and bought a 42.

I only wear it as a summer jacket with a t-shirt underneath, it would be too snug to later with a sweatshirt or jumper, if I’d wanted to do that I’d have bought a 44. It’s a great jacket though, I’m very happy with it.

Awesome, that's very helpful. I went with a size 42, which by the numbers, looks like it'll be perfect. If you've washed it already, have you noticed any shrinkage?

I haven’t washed it yet but when I do, it’ll probably be at 30°C with a spin and hang dry. I don’t want any further shrinkage if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Do TCB jackets come up small? Looking at their 60s trucker and the chest measurements look small for a 40 but the shoulder looks about right.

Right now it's a toss up between this or WAREHOUSE 60s (long)  or Yamane Industries No2 type 3 

36 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Do TCB jackets come up small? Looking at their 60s trucker and the chest measurements look small for a 40 but the shoulder looks about right.

Right now it's a toss up between this or WAREHOUSE 60s (long)  or Yamane Industries No2 type 3 

I’m a 38-40 in a blazer/sport coat and would buy a 42 in most TCB jackets

My size 40 Full Count type-2 has wider measurements everywhere but the length than my size 42 TCB 30s. I'd say TCB's type 1, 2 and 3 jackets tend to fit a bit smaller for their size than other brands.

I have 7 jackets from tcb and the measurements on the site are precise. None of my jackets vary from advertised p2p by more than a cm. I don't own a 60s but would expect the same. They do generally run smaller than equivalent tag size from Warehouse.

An update on my TCB 50s at the roughly one year mark after rotating through with my Warehouse pair. I really like how the slubbiness pops out over time although it’s a bit hard to tell in these photos

IMG_8069.jpeg

IMG_8070.jpeg

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8071.jpeg

IMG_8073.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8080.jpeg

3kAcBlu.jpeg i51Fk1m.jpeg

Some close up comparison of the 30s jacket and 50s jeans. The 30s denim starts off super rigid but is breaking in pretty quickly. I've been wearing it almost all day, every day for the last couple of weeks, and it's shedding indigo dye from the sleeves all over the counter where I sit to work 😆

Hi TCB owners

I'm looking to get some TCB50s but seem to be in between sizes 34 and 36. My prefect waist size when jeans are measured flat is 41.5 cm

I'm looking for a loose relaxed look so I'm wondering if the 34 would be too slim? I've not exactly got huge legs though.

I'm a size 32 in Fullcounts 0105W and a 33 in resolute 714 if that helps

I recommend going by their 'waist/around' measurements rather than 'waist/flat'. Measure your waist circumference with a flexible tape and go by that. The 50s runs smaller in the waist than their other models. My waist measured this way is ~90cm and I very comfortably wear a 50s size 36, it's a relaxed fit.

Edited by willi

1 hour ago, PrettyBoyTony said:

Hi TCB owners

I'm looking to get some TCB50s but seem to be in between sizes 34 and 36. My prefect waist size when jeans are measured flat is 41.5 cm

I'm looking for a loose relaxed look so I'm wondering if the 34 would be too slim? I've not exactly got huge legs though.

I think, a 34 would fit you well. My equivalent to your 41.5cm is 44.5cm.
I got the 50s in 34 and they fit well overall but are quite tight in the waist and hip.
36 would have been better for me.

I agree with indigoeagle. Ideally, my jeans would be about 40-41 cm laid flat. I have a 33 in TCB 50s and they even have a little bit of room in the waist such that I prefer to wear a belt.

1 hour ago, PrettyBoyTony said:

Hi TCB owners

If it helps- I am 6' and 160lbs, and I wear size 31 in FC 0105, and size 32 in TCB 50s. I could also size up to 33 in TCB 50s and be comfortable with the looser fit. I'd guess that you would fit into 34 pretty well if you're going for an intentionally looser fit.