TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Nice updates everybody!

My pair had a break over the last 2 weeks, but should come back into rotation next week.

Actually, we are thinking about taking the old Volvo out on a road trip next week - from Berlin to the ferry over to Kobenhavn and up to Stockholm for 4-5 days...

Stay tuned!

3595bb5e469c484331fad1edd6a32ac2_zpsb7d6

damn volvo you are making nice progress. Like an Italian Max Power when it comes to fadez. Maximo Powerelli

Ahahah!!! That'd would actually translate to Massimo Potenza but you version is way more entertaining!!!

Edited by volvo240thebest

lovely jacket - i'll pick one up soon for sure.

Do it! You won't regret! The best fitting jean jacket I ever had. And a massive deal for the money I think. I've been living in it on the last year and I can't put it down.

I actually hope it won't fade much more now as I like my jacket to be dark. The definitive tux for me is a dark jacket and light pair of jeans, that's what I am getting now when I wear my 60's jeans with the 50's jacket and it's the bees knees for me!

dang Foxy, you are keeping the original size tires on that thing! I have a 1973 914 Porsche and I even had to ditch the OEM size tires...

Actually, my wife had them swapped while driving in the states, but after shipping the car over to Berlin things got much more serious. In order to get an old timer license plate (and the related tax rating) she did get the original bumper back on, as well as the correct tire size.

Next thing on the list will be an original front grill...

Nice updates everybody!

My pair had a break over the last 2 weeks, but should come back into rotation next week.

Actually, we are thinking about taking the old Volvo out on a road trip next week - from Berlin to the ferry over to Kobenhavn and up to Stockholm for 4-5 days...

Stay tuned!

3595bb5e469c484331fad1edd6a32ac2_zpsb7d6

That sounds mighty! But if you stretching it that far why don't you extend your trip to Goteborg too, the Volvo Mecca? Bring that baby back to her origins!!!

Maximo Powerelli...I like that! 

Jeans out of the wash now, they didn't light up a ton but I'll try to get pictures up when I have some daylight! "Maximo", I didn't say anything in the WAYT thread, but you are consistently KILLING it with your TCB Tuxedo!

this morning I went out in the fields artound my house to pick up some wild chicory. I love it, I just boil it quickly and then pass it on the pan with oil, chopped garlic and chili.. MMHH! the wife hates it as it's bitter and spicy and smells of garlic, of course. Definitely a man's taste.

while I was in the field I brought my new camera to play around a bit.

here's a couple pics

E81796CE-1C08-421B-A6E9-CA0BB26FDCD6_zps

that's a huge laurel tree, about 6 metres tall.

74811749-0D7D-4174-B7A9-2DC27B5209B2_zps

5C92B7F7-F0B9-4413-8A15-EC3CCB568062_zps

here's the chicory

A91F928F-4D7E-431C-A22C-F64E2524F5B3_zps

and here's how my jeans looked after the walk

1E42095D-40DA-454E-A3EB-F8F64F648E49_zps

new duck cloth vest by TCB (scroll further down the link)

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2015/01/06/7757

mighty tempting, but I am on self imposed clothing acquisition ramadan for several months!

Some lovely stuff being posted... old Volvos and picking wild herbs, yummy.

My 1800 is running fine, but I need to top up the clutch fluid before I can take it out again. Just need to work out which cupboard it's in.

Had an amazing holiday here, marred only by the failure of the solenoid in the Gaggia Classic; then, the beginning of this week, a fault in, I think, the main switch of my backup mahine, a La Pavoni Europiccolo. Even though we've owned the latter for 20 years I've decided to get rid, it looks nice but as far as making coffee it's a POS.

Couple of quick snaps; the nipper dressed in one of his presents, a Pikahu onesie. Me in cook-denim-geek mode with denim apron and ovengloves. Goose turned out perfectly. Finally, here's how our living room window looked until this monday.

Happy New TCB Year, folks!

pikachu_zpsbfc48387.jpg

goosie_zpsd7c258a8.jpg

angels_zpsa7427b42.jpg

hey PaulT,

time to update to the volvo of home espresso machines! this:

http://www.caffemotive.it/bacchi_espresso

It's a stovetop, no electric parts, almost no plastic and no rubber, maintenance free, built to last, dependable.. like a Volvo! 

I swear by it and already converted several people to it. only draw back it makes two coffees at the time (then you need 4/5 mins to another two coffees and so on), but it's no big deal (at least not for me). and it doesn't foam milk, so no macchiato no cappuccino and all of that weak shit for girls ahaha!

I have a Pavoni too, but I rarely if ever use it now, though I keep it as it looks cool. that's the Alfa Romeo of coffee machines!!!

I know and am thinking about the Bacchi... we are considering what to do with the ££ when we sell the Pavoni and haven't come to a conclusion yet.

That said, the Alfa Romeo of coffee machines is definitely the original Faema E61... One of humanity's finest achievements.

E61-Front-glass-web.jpg

well yes! but that's some big artillery for a home. not to say that it needs to be used a lot to work well.  I can absolutely reccomend you the Bacchi for home use, it doens't have the charm of a manual lever but once you learn how to use it will deliver constantly a perfect espresso. even if you don't use it for a week the first coffee will always be up to a high standard.

another one that I'd love to try, among the new models around it's this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uniterra-nomad/nomadtm-the-go-everywhere-espresso-machinetm

I've heard great things about it, though the design sucks! it looks like two pieces of Lego!