Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

" just don't see how people can be half way on things like this. Either you are totally against killing animals or you are not...... But I do agree with not killing endangered species. "

So is this principle or preservation?

Also I would suggest there is quite a significant difference between killing animals humanely to meet perceived need and purpose as opposed to gratification and boosting one's ego.

Point is, killing for pleasure is offensive or do you think different?

I do not find pleasure in killing animals but I do not find it offensive either. I try not to let things offend me as much as possible. Like I said everyone these days seems to be offended by anything and everything. People are too sensitive. Just because I do not agree with something should not mean that other people should disagree too. Everyone is different and if I was raised hunting when I was a little kid then maybe I would be a hunter. But I was not.

I have used it on White's dress leather but it didn't really do much of anything for the leather, weirdly I find that standard Kiwi polish works as well as anything on dress leather.

Huberds is fantastic on veg tanned natural leather, dry chromexcel and latigo. I haven't tried it on rough out but I might use it on the shaft of my Bounty Hunters before next winter.

The Red Wing branded mink oil conditioner isn't bad. You can also readily get 'mustang paste' from goodsjapan.jp for a fraction of the price of imported stuff. I got me a tub like this one: http://www.goodsjapan.jp/item/leather-craft-items-leather-fi/seiwa-leathercraft-horse-oil-l/lid=29749156

and it's really great to refresh old, cracked leather.

Personally I use that horse oil and then waterproof with normal beeswax based leather care afterwards, just the stuff you can get in every leather shoe store. Works nicely so far.

Got in my Sagara Imperial IIIs about a month ago, but I've decided not to keep them, since I have another pair of pretty similar boots from Alden and need to save money for a big trip this summer.  If anyone wants to see more pics (or buy them), I've got them for sale in the market: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/155779-sagara-imperial-iii-whiskey-44-worn-5x/

Here's one teaser:

14199511394_9b9a869272_c.jpg

They were slower than I expected for ordering (took 2 months instead of 1), but the boots are really well made.  The leather is pretty damn nice, and they're surprisingly light weight.

Alden shell Color 8 perforated cap toe boots made it through their 2nd winter unscathed. I'm loving the significant color change since new.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Some may remember my bulled toe experiment when they were new. I simply wanted to see if I could achieve the same shine on shell as calf. While it looked quite sharp polished, I much prefer the natural look.

orig.jpg

I know what you mean - I got them for the same reason. Something just screams "Luis Trenker". And having lived in the alps and missing them a lot, I couldn't pass on a shoe that carries that vibe. The whole construction is also the best I have encountered so far.

yeah Brad it's a Euro thing, probably you don't like them for the same reason I can't get to like some of the very extreme-to-me  looking american style boots like engineers with a very high heel or some of the White models with the high cuban heel. those would look quite costumey on European streets.

Meh, you can pull off everything if you feel comfortable wearing it ;)

It's all personal preference of course, but I don't think that 50s-style engineers with higher heels are that outlandish a sight, and at least in Germany they're pretty common among the raw-denim-crowd or among biker dudes. Red Wing isn't selling the 2268 style in Europe for no reason ;)

^ true, you wear them well for instance. I appreciate the engineer boot but I am no biker and I don't feel I could rock them here where I live. Still there are a lot of more subtle american boot models that I'd love to try (some of the pecos models for example, and many others).

These are my favorites, coming along nicely.

\DSCN0810.jpg

Really good looking pair of Nomads, natural CXL i presume?

Is this a factory order or did you have them resoled?

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...