Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

G'day,

Just a quick question on boot care, so my boots look better with age...

How does everyone clean their black rubber sole marks off leather?  I don't even know how, but all my leather boots end up with their rubber sole scuff marks on both boots...

Frustrates me, and I am wondering if there is a way to clean them off with something that won't affect the leather too much?

Thanks for your help people.

sorry boys whites said no aftet 2 weeks of bugging them for dress leather on the engineers sorry :(

Bummer, but appreciate you trying man.

I hope they might change their mind in future.

Ah well, i guess i'll weigh my other options in that case.

Edited by Mich

Ah yes, I have been coveting that Rolling Dub Trio work shoe for a long time too.  I contacted Kraftbank at one point about trying to order a pair, but we had a serious language barrier.  It seemed like they were only available up to 9.5 in US sizing, and I need a 10 I believe.  But also I couldn't quite understand their instructions for paying, so I let it drop.  But truly a great looking mid-cut work shoe...

I've been coveting two pairs of Rolling Dub Trio for a while now, the Teddy and the Coupen.

Here's the Coupen model.

14339841564_17966bdba7_c.jpg

Just kopped some of the new Original Chippewa Oxfords. Just took some photos and here they are:

Original Chippewa 4" Tan Renegade Service Oxford:
f85acf52_chipp_ox_03.jpeg
5ee92858_chipp_ox_04.jpeg

Original Chippewa 4" Chocolate Moss Suede Service Oxford:
e19656c1_chipp_ox_01.jpeg
49c2c503_chipp_ox_02.jpeg

Edited by bl@ster

Does anyone around here know women's footwear well?  My girlfriend needs a good new pair of boots she can wear for both hiking and just in general...  I'm thinking of getting her something in chromexcel and think she'd prefer an above ankle fit, but not something taller than say a Quoddy Woodsman.  Speaking of Quoddys, I use my Woodsman (with a beefed up Vibram sole) for lots of long outings and love them, and she likes the general shape, but would be happier with something not moc toe. Something along the lines of a Wolverine 1000 mile would also probably be good if only it were a couple inches taller.   Any suggestions?  

danner; if you ever have to jam your toe into something you'll be glad you aren't wearing soft chrome mocs

Thanks for the advice.  For me (I've covered a full 100 miles in the mountains in under 24 hours several times with very minimally protective shoes), I'll be fine with Chromexcel, but she will want more protection.  The Mountain Light would probably be great, although I know she prefers more over the ankle.  Anything like that that's similar but a little taller?

Thanks for the advice. For me (I've covered a full 100 miles in the mountains in under 24 hours several times with very minimally protective shoes), I'll be fine with Chromexcel, but she will want more protection. The Mountain Light would probably be great, although I know she prefers more over the ankle. Anything like that that's similar but a little taller?

Danner Vertigo

*edit - apologies I was on the jp danner sight and didnt notice the ankle webbing from the view til I went back again:/

Edited by BLUKGEEAMD85

I'm after a pair of Old Joe Engineers, just wondering if anyone has a pair and knows anything about the sizing? I'd like to know if the 9.5 is comparable to a size 11 Road Champ. From the little info I can get online it sounds like they have similar outsole measurements.

/\ Make it into an interesting key fob!

Regarding the chukka boots; I bought them. Had to negotiate - not for the first time - the entire transaction in Japanese via Rakuten Japan. The shop is good at communication and has always been responsive. After the transaction went through I received an immediate automated sales confirmation via the rakuten shop, followed very swiftly by a note advising despatch. They certainly are prompt!

The chukka boots listing states Horween leather. i am hoping it's latigo but I won't object to chromexcel, though at the price I suspect it won't be, and will just be a run of the mill (so to speak) leather offering from the tannery. 

The shop is quite interesting, they are a primary stockist for Rolling Dub Trio - Katsuya Tokunaga's brand - and also a newish emerging Japanese brand, Brotherbridge.

Rolling Dub Trio

http://craftbank.net/index.html

Brother Bridge

http://www.brotherbridge.jp/

I've been coveting two pairs of Rolling Dub Trio for a while now, the Teddy and the Coupen.

Here's the Coupen model.

14339841564_17966bdba7_c.jpg

F**K HG! You're killin' me with these awesome boots & shoes you keep dragging up. 

I've not seen these before, but they have immediately become my new favorite must-have boot. My only criticisms are I like a double leather sole, but only on the front half, not all the way under the arch. It'd be referred to as a half-slip at the front only; and I'm not so sure about that cork sole as I'd prefer something with a little more grip. 

You purchased a pair of these, correct? If so, must see when you get them!!! 

awesome pair im a 8 on all engineers and i am a 9 on rollin dub trios. they are light! and fucking awesome

must see

danner; if you ever have to jam your toe into something you'll be glad you aren't wearing soft chrome mocs

FYI, she liked the Explorer, so we got those for her.  Should have them in a couple weeks.  Thanks!

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...