Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Anyone on here have Morton's Neuroma? If you do, any lasts that work better? I had my left ankle reconstructed about 12 yrs ago, then a screw into my 5 th metetarsal about 7 yrs ago. The only boots I can get away with not wearing a custom orthotic are my Hondo cowboy boots. I had to stretch my 1000 milers in order to fit it. Luckily the chromexel is stretchy.

Any info would help. I have been eyeing a pair of whites smoke jumpers but don't really want to pay that much for a boot that causes me pain.

If you want White's call them on the phone. they deal with people with foot problems all the time.

1-800-541-3786

Anyone on here have Morton's Neuroma? If you do, any lasts that work better? I had my left ankle reconstructed about 12 yrs ago, then a screw into my 5 th metetarsal about 7 yrs ago. The only boots I can get away with not wearing a custom orthotic are my Hondo cowboy boots. I had to stretch my 1000 milers in order to fit it. Luckily the chromexel is stretchy.

Any info would help. I have been eyeing a pair of whites smoke jumpers but don't really want to pay that much for a boot that causes me pain.

Edited by erk

edit - just re-read your post, didn't sink in first time re the custom orthotic. Presumably this was developed from a foot study?

I met with a podiatrist a number of times then was referred to an orthotist. He then did moulds etc and now I have carbon fibre and high density foam insoles.

The injuries that forced the reconstruction left my foot completely flat. The break a couple years later just compounded the problem.

Flat or no cant shoes are worse because they allow my foot to flatten causing the impingement. My cowboy boots have a metal shank which artificially recreates the arch. I looked into whites because of their arch tech.

Erk - I will def call whites. I have a catalog on order and will make sure I have dotted all the i's before I order. I'm also prepared to accept the fact I might never be able to wear them or some other brand of boots.

If your left foot is basically flat, you won't have much luck with White's; the arch is highly pronounced and will just feel like a bump to you. I would look into Russell Moccasin due to the combination of custom fit and moccasin construction being forgiving or contact Moulded Shoe in NYC. Moulded Shoe has a good deal of orthotic Aldens and also does their own modifications and builds in house.

If you want to spend a serious amount then go and track down a bespoke shoemaker with orthopedic expertise. The only ones I know are in London, and you're likely to need a few fittings, so that wouldn't be practical.

Russell, Viberg and Wesco can all customise a fit. It would be worth travelling to see them in order to get it right, and they'd want to fit you up around the orthotic. White's can probably help as well, but I don't know anything about their made-to-fit programme.

For people with extreme foot problems white's will make a last for your foot. Normally they can just modify a regular last.

I'm not sure about how much they can do remotely, so like Graeme said - a face to face visit may be best.

Edited by erk

Had totally too much time on my hands this evening and have pics of my collection as a result, well the footwear that y'all might appreciate, anyway...

This is amazing.  Best footwear collection I've ever seen.

Edited by cander49

Brummmie - my god!!

Where did you find the vintage military boots?

Has the leather reformed to your feet?

Anyone - any experience with quality ghillie brogue boots? Where to find quality ones without volcanized rubber soles?

Look what i've found in the yard today..

A hungy dog must have a lot to do with this..there goes my usd600 boots

contact Morgan @ viberg and see what he can do for you, they can rebuil your boots that is the beauty of $600 boots.  Hang on to the reciept and if the dog's owner is cool they will take care of it for you. 

I have a pair of suede Trickers with a red brick sole that I would like to trade over for a honey ripple sole.  Can anyone recommend me someone to resole them for me?

Also - does anyone know where to get laces similar to the ones Viberg uses?

Sorry to repost but I got stuck on the bottom of the last page.  Can anyone help?

Sorry to repost but I got stuck on the bottom of the last page.  Can anyone help?

No idea on the resole, but the least expenisive quality laces i have found is directly from whites. can't really tell the difference. 

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...