Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Does anyone know of any natural veg tan leather shoes?  The Blackbird Esquivel hobo shoes were beautiful, but aren't in production anymore and $750 still seems steep.  The Hender Scheme shoes are beautiful, but not really looking for sneakers (and they don't come in big enough sizes for me anyway...)

Any help would be appreciated...

PICT2897.jpg

Hender-Scheme-Sneakers.jpg

My Wolverine 1000 Mile boots after a number of month solid wear.  I treated them with Obenaufs HDLP here about a week ago and the scuffs on the toes darkened a bit.  With the scratch in the side of the one boot I have dedicated them to roof duty so they are getting their fair share of shingle rash.

Sorry about the Iphone pictures in terrible light.

957D1F83-969C-4B01-BFA0-D60EF3061BF1-552

3AE585A1-6A21-49DF-9C27-CEB7FBF71A90-552

704CF73C-24D7-41C2-ABEF-14DABED84CB0-552

For the amount of money you spent for the re-sole (I imagine it was a lot) they could've stitched the outsole. Looks great anyway. Did you have them re-last with a flatter toe box?

thanks mate...don't worry though, i've bought them 2nd hand and the amount of money i've spent on the boots wasn't that wild. actually quite a great deal (considering the price of the boot + the price of that re-sole job)...so all is good :)

Edward Green Galway veldtschoen boot

zf9o.jpg

t74h.jpg

i3e0.jpg

And just had a couple of pairs back from the Shoe Healer. The heels on the Galways below were coming lose so he reattached them but with the addition of a leather stack; he also sorted out new heels, cover soles and toe taps for the Tricker's high leg brogue boots.

0fck.jpg

mawo.jpg

uxcu.jpg

d0ak.jpg

Freshly waxed Galways below now that autumn is on its way. Decided to try Chelsea Leather Food this time round instead of Obenauf's, and I'm very impressed with how well the dubbin was absorbed with no real greasy hangover.

Of course, the proof of the pudding will be in the next dozen or so downpours...

ewj2.jpg

Well, I guess I'll blow up the spots.

Chippewa's US made archival line that is suppose to rival Wolverine 1000 and Red Wing has finally dropped.  They're up now on Zappos:

http://www.zappos.com/chippewa-men~2#!/chippewa-men~2?s=isNew/desc/goLiveDate/desc/recentSalesStyle/desc/

The engineer from the archival line already has a few size left

2373490-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Also, Danner Japan has revamped almost all the original models for the JP crowd, including a new website

http://jp.danner.com/products/index.html

New model from Danner available, which is US made with Horween

http://www.danner.com/boots/dfmeb-premium.html

Edited by mlwdp

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...