Levi's Vintage Clothing

The LVC website is updated with the fall collection. They also created some videos showing how to buy raw 501. They can be seen on the historic 501 timeline. Website seems a bit more useful to me with more structure and links to the collection from the main page. Seems like they are getting really serious with their themed releases. I know, they did that for some years now, but aside from trade shows I never really found much about the collection and how it came to be..

http://levisvintageclothing.com/timeline.html

double0. nothing really. just that when i was in japan 2years ago, i didnt like what i tried on and didnt pull the trigger. till now when i tried it on again.

kravia. honestly they're a tag 32. and i hot washed them once. they now measure size 30 in the waist after the soak. not too good with lvc sizing to be honest.

Edited by louisbosco

by how much they shrink.

OK, well if it's any consolation I had the same problem, very shocked by how much my '66's shrank. So much so that there will now only be 36x36 for me in LVC Levi's, no more 34x36.

I should have consulted the Aero Leathers site as they have some sizing advice in the "Size" drop down box on their LVC page.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=142

OK, well if it's any consolation I had the same problem, very shocked by how much my '66's shrank. So much so that there will now only be 36x36 for me in LVC Levi's, no more 34x36.

I should have consulted the Aero Leathers site as they have some sizing advice in the "Size" drop down box on their LVC page.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=142

Some of Aero's stock is four or five years old, and the measurements aren't correct. For example, I believe the 1927 is over sized, and shrinks to tagged. Aero says it shrinks to 2" under. Rule of thumb with LVC is still get the actual measurements from the seller. My experience with my last three pair of LVC ('33, '44, '47), they're shrinking a little less than the LVC I was buying three or four years ago, and the first soak or wash is getting just about all of the shrinkage out of the way.

yeah. well, i do meant i've got the sizing right. but just you know surprised by how it shrink.

Foolproof way ist to size up 1 waistwise and 2 inseamwise. The 47's are also cool if you buy 'em tts or (if you're brave enough) one size down and stretch 'em out (that's the way the old rockers wear their 47's).

Exactly^

shrink them if they're big otherwise wear'm. err on the long side.

current '47 are TTS, to 1/2" over tagged.  So, if you want a 34" to 34.5" post shrink, and 36 won't be a problem.  I wear a size 36 in the '33 and '44, 38 in the '47.  

37" is TTS for me, so I'm sizing up 1 1/2" with the '47.  Fits trim without being uncomfortable.  The '44 is sized up 2" at the waist, but is actually narrower than the '47 through the thigh.  The '33 is TTS, and are relaxed everywhere other than the waist.        

I had a very nice suprise today. I won a recent ebay auction on a Levi's Denim Shirt that was advertised in very simple terms by someone clearly not a Denim Head.

I presumed it was going to be a fairly recent production number but there was something strange about the photo's of the care tag that made me think it might be something a bit older, but I couldn't be sure as I'd never seen it before. When I received it this morning I checked the back of the care tag and not only is it "555", it looks like it is from 1996 as it has the code 0696, which I guess means it's from the first run of LVC stuff? It's an amazing piece as well, great denim, fairly heavy for a shirt and the snap buttons have that really great milky white finish and they are very "thick". I'd put this one up against anything being made today. I'd post photo's if I could as it really is great but I'm not registered on any of those kind of sites, so unless I can just upload them from my desktop I'm fucked.