Levi's Vintage Clothing

Sorry, double post, oops, please delete.

I can usually get away with a 34x36 in most cuts if I just cold soak/wash them, but it's safer if I go for a 36x36. I have some fairly recent '66's in 34x36, and post wash they are the closest I have ever gotten to "skinny" jeans, :D  :D  :D , if they were a smidgen smaller they would be starting to get uncomfortable. So I guess if I find some '78s in a 36x36 I might be OK-ish???

Edited by 501XX4EVER

what's your normal LVC size 501XX4EVER? The '78 is low compared to the rest of the LVC line up, but when compared to some of the more modern cuts and brands, it's easily a mid rise.

I'm a 36 in the '33 and '44, 38 in the '47. Went with a 38 in the '78 since it's advertised as slim. But as you can see from my measurements above, other than the rise, the '78 is much bigger than the '47 in the same size. Front rise when all the shrink is out on a size 36 '78 should be around 11 1/2". That's wearable, but border line when it comes to comfort for me. I've got a pair of size 38 RJB 105s that have an 11" front rise, and I can only wear them for short periods before the rise starts to bug me.

If its any help I asked the store to measure my 78's size 34x36.

Waist 35

Leg 35

Front rise 11

Thigh 11 (not sure how they measure this)

Leg opening 8

I can usually get away with a 34x36 in most cuts if I just cold soak/wash them, but it's safer if I go for a 36x36. I have some fairly recent '66's in 34x36, and post wash they are the closest I have ever gotten to "skinny" jeans, :D  :D  :D , if they were a smidgen smaller they would be starting to get uncomfortable. So I guess if I find some '78s in a 36x36 I might be OK-ish???

Edited by 501XX4EVER

Just got some 34x34 '66s fuck me they are oversized - 36" raw waist! (button code 337).

Yea but they shrink like a bastard, mine did anyway, and I only gave them a cold-ish 15 min. gentle wash in the machine, no dryer. I'd advise a cold soak first, unless you have other plans, just my few cents.

Where did you get them Freezie? I just bought another pair of 1915s from Stylecreep.com - I have to commend them for excellent customer service, measuring numerous pairs individually for me, using slightly different methods to ensure I got the correct fit and emailing me photos of them in action with the tape! They really pulled out all the stops. They also have an eBay shop - Amateurs and Professionals - which has a wider LVC selection.

Anyway, I'd recommend anyone to buy from them.

Shop said they were tts, I did ask them to measure them and they still came back with 34".. 'tards  :angry:

Found a Jap site with size measurements .. 34W = 92cm, 33W = 87cm.

If you're going to keep them, put them inside out and fold them along the seam, put them in them neatly in the  washing machine at 90 with no or minimum spin and they will shrink a good bit, other wise, ebay I guess, they're very popular, you'd have no problems getting them sold.

How's the fit 501xx4ever? Enough rise? Had mine on last week and really like 'em. When fall hits they're going to be my daily wearers. Too hot to wear now though ('33s for summer).

Snap!!! I've been wearing mine recently as well. The rise is on the threshold of what I like, 11", 11.5" if I was being generous. Unless I see a really cheap pair of 78's, I will look for another pair of 66 in 36x36, just for a little more room... down there... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

It's not my auction or even the kinda jeans I like, but there is a pair of Levis LVC 1870 Oldest Oldest Deadstock Dry Jeans 34/34 (36/37) pre 501 XX Big E up on ebay if anybody is interested. I think there were a few people posting in this thread on how much they like this era/style of jeans.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Levis-LVC-1870-Oldest-Oldest-Deadstock-Dry-Jeans-3434-3637-pre-501-XX-Big-E-/321154364957

How's the fit 501xx4ever? Enough rise? Had mine on last week and really like 'em. When fall hits they're going to be my daily wearers. Too hot to wear now though ('33s for summer).

Setterman - how have you found the leg shrinkage on your '33? You have some from current season from memory, my 06 dated ones lost loads of length in the leg.

Mine are 337 button code, size 36x36. Did a 10 minute cold soak, inseam is currently 34 1/2". If my recent made 44s, 47s, and 78s are any example, the 33s have only have 1/2" to go in the inseam. Used to be you'd expect 3" in inseam shrinkage with lvc, now I'm seeing 2".

Now that's what we're talking about.

Really liked the cut of the 551 when it came out some years back but stopped short of getting a pair.

Will def be picking up some this time round.

• 2 weeks later...