Levi's Vintage Clothing

Are you talking about the pants or the denizens of this thread?

I'll leave that up to you to decide ;-)

No seriously, when I discovered LVC some four years ago, I was in for the 'modern' cuts and mostly disregarded the bucklebacks, until I copped a 1901 for next to nothing thinking 'oh, well, we'll see...' Now I wear them at least a few days a week, everything between 1890 and 1937 and I just love the subtle way the lightweight denim fades.

found some links related to recent discussions on here:

a) some fitpics of the pantaloons worn oversized (i guess) http://blog.livedoor.jp/gimmick2007/archives/2141026.html

B) interview with M. DOnadi on ln-cc. (i think this one hasn't been posed before.) http://www.ln-cc.com/interviews/levi-vintage-clothing-interview/page/levis-vintage-interview/

He talks bout new stores, how things are going lately and some tradeshows the division participated in.

Max, Really nice. You can already see how beautiful these are going to wear in.
My 201 at 2 Months (?):

fuck you Max,you put more wear in them in two months than i did in three years.i dont know how you do it,and your desk job doesnt help either,but i will found out sooner or later.til then i will focus my desire on the wooden shelf in the upper left corner.

found some links related to recent discussions on here:

a) some fitpics of the pantaloons worn oversized (i guess) http://blog.livedoor.jp/gimmick2007/archives/2141026.html

B) interview with M. DOnadi on ln-cc. (i think this one hasn't been posed before.) http://www.ln-cc.com/interviews/levi-vintage-clothing-interview/page/levis-vintage-interview/

He talks bout new stores, how things are going lately and some tradeshows the division participated in.

"That’s a big weight to carry but... it’s poetic, it’s romantic. "

Maurizio, I know you said that just to provoke us.

My advise wear'm raw as long as you can stand'm...

My 37s remind me why I don't like this advice. I wore them raw for a month, then moved onto a pair of 44s, then the Full Count contest, then the Cultizm contest. I've worn them hear and there when I can, so the 37s haven't gotten a huge amount of wear. After the first wash or soak and the legs shrunk up and the warp threads were worn where they'd been cuffed. No big deal, because when I set their new smaller cuff, it nearly covered the old worn areas.

Gave them their third or fourth wash last night, and now there's a crease where I had been cuffing them, but fortunately no wear to the warp threads like on the original cuff line. They're now shrunk up enough that I really can't cuff them anymore without them looking goofy. But, I've got wear where the original cuff was, and a crease where the second cuff was. I can't imagine how bad they'd look if I'd worn them for months, then done the shrinking. I'd probably have holes where the cuffs had been. And who knows how the combs and wishers would look if they'd been set hard for months, and then moved three or four inches when the legs shrank.....

I still think the best advice is the way Levis intended them to be worn, get all the shrinkage outta the way from the get go, and then if you want to go months on end with washing, have at it.

I think that advice was for those new Pantaloons and other models made from the Japanese denim because they don't shrink much. So to get set whiskers and combs it is best to wear them raw for awhile because after soaking the only difference is the starch is gone.

I think that advice was for those new Pantaloons and other models made from the Japanese denim because they don't shrink much. So to get set whiskers and combs it is best to wear them raw for awhile because after soaking the only difference is the starch is gone.

Nah, that's been airfrog's advice on all LVC. That's fine if he wants to give that advice, but I think he should also mention that if done, and you're cuffing 'em, post shrinkage you might wind up with holes three or four inches up your leg from the hem. This could really be an issue on the pre-WWII models which wear very easily in their raw state. In month that I wore my 37s raw, the back pocket rivets wore through to the weft threads.

Fit, and daily wear, is the key to combs and whiskers. IMO all starch does is effect how sharp/crisp their appearance is.

This thread is getting like Groundhog Day.

When then, something new....

might be going to an outlet mall this weekend that has a Levis store. Anyone think there's a chance there might be some LVC there? Called the store a few weeks ago and asked them if they had any, but they didn't really know what I was talking about. Would be nice to stumble across some 1800s Levis on clearance for well under $100.

When then, something new....

might be going to an outlet mall this weekend that has a Levis store. Anyone think there's a chance there might be some LVC there? Called the store a few weeks ago and asked them if they had any, but they didn't really know what I was talking about. Would be nice to stumble across some 1800s Levis on clearance for well under $100.

Very doubtful. You would be lucky if they have anything STF, let alone anything from LVC. I've been to them before, and it's usually a bit disappointing.

Very doubtful. You would be lucky if they have anything STF, let alone anything from LVC. I've been to them before, and it's usually a bit disappointing.

ditto that. i went to a Levis outlet in Destin Florida a few years back and there was nothing but junk. i didn't see a single item i would buy.

ditto that. i went to a Levis outlet in Destin Florida a few years back and there was nothing but junk. i didn't see a single item i would buy.

Yep, the outlets only seem to sell the stuff that Levis' makes for places like Nordstrom or Mervins. It's not even stuff that the regular Levis' stores carry. Pure crap most of the time.

Yep, the outlets only seem to sell the stuff that Levis' makes for places like Nordstrom or Mervins. It's not even stuff that the regular Levis' stores carry. Pure crap most of the time.

dammit! thanks for the heads up guys. guess I can plan only a pass through in that store.

dammit! thanks for the heads up guys. guess I can plan only a pass through in that store.

well it's still worth looking, you never know. but i would go in expecting not to find anything to avoid dissapointment.