Levi's Vintage Clothing

Another new user, only 2 posts and got neg repped, I'm getting quite tired of this forum...

I wonder which he got negged for, liking the AE jeans, or blurry pix of his Levis? Yeah, I don't like it either when a new member makes a couple posts and gets negged, especially when you look at their few posts and you're like "What did they do or say wrong?!"

Freshmaker, your Levis look like they fit pretty good. The bleeding will go away after a couple soaks or washes.

Guess there's some users hanging around just lurking waiting for anyone to make a mistake and then BAM. I posted pics in the wrong format a few weeks ago, took them down in a matter of minutes, but that was all it took to get some neg rep...

My advise wear'm raw as long as you can stand'm...

The discussion is in regard to his 506 jacket, which is too big and he's looking to get max shrinkage out of. Plus, the denim used in the 506 looks ten times better once soaked.

His only other mistake was to say he liked the AE jeans, go figure :D

No seriously, I am not a fan of the rep system, there's just too many frustrated wankers waiting for an opportunity to hassle other users. The other neg rep I got was for misspelling "girlfriend", I kid you not...

The discussion is in regard to his 506 jacket, which is too big and he's looking to get max shrinkage out of. Plus, the denim used in the 506 looks ten times better once soaked.

It really does! Much nicer, it's almost dry now (weather is rather humid, takes some time) and is coming out beautifully and at least shrank enough to be wearable, might consider the hot wash&dryer later.

Has anyone washed his pantaloons yet? How much shrinkage would i have to expect?

I think this is the third time I posted this. They are Japanese denim and all the other japanese denim LVCs I've had have had very little shrinkage after soaks. If these are anything like those there will be very little shrinkage.

My advice is wear them raw as long as you can stand them. Then cold soak and NO DRYER. Japanese denim in only about 9 oz and the dryer turns them into flannel pajamas. Seriously. If you want great fades (see some of my photos and check out crownzip) wear'm raw as long as you can, keep the soaks spread out as far as possible and never put them in a dryer (as Paul has also warned against). Be patient. It takes time to break in a killer pair of jeans. Years in some cases.

I think this is the third time I posted this. They are Japanese denim and all the other japanese denim LVCs I've had have had very little shrinkage after soaks. If these are anything like those there will be very little shrinkage.

Don't use the dryer, though, it leaches out the indigo, according to Cone.

Guess there's some users hanging around just lurking waiting for anyone to make a mistake and then BAM. .

If it's any consolation, it's usually the people who rarely post themselves, so their negs have little effect. I don't neg anyone except some of the denizens of the worst wayjdt thread, they always squeal, then brood about it - but I"m taking the advice of sage people like Riff and won't do it again.

Don't use the dryer, though, it leaches out the indigo, according to Cone.

If it's any consolation, it's usually the people who rarely post themselves, so their negs have little effect. I don't neg anyone except some of the denizens of the worst wayjdt thread, they always squeal, then brood about it - but I"m taking the advice of sage people like Riff and won't do it again.

Agree. I've only sent out one neg rep IIRC and I'll bet that was probably the same person you neg repped Paul.

His only other mistake was to say he liked the AE jeans, go figure :D

No seriously, I am not a fan of the rep system, there's just too many frustrated wankers waiting for an opportunity to hassle other users. The other neg rep I got was for misspelling "girlfriend", I kid you not...

I think you spelt it "boyfriend" and upset some of the homophobes! :)

i'm not sure what purpose neg repping serves, except to give people the opportunity to be slyly nasty to another poster... if you don't like what someone posts, surely it's better to say it in the thread? then everyone can see what you're saying, not just the dude you're having a dig at...

I haven't negged anyone -- not even the jerkoffs who ask for it. I love when dudes get negged simply because their rep count is high. If you post often in superdenim and are anywhere in the 7k-10k range, expect to be hated.

Yes, but in that case you get the Roy's, which makes you not care anymore :rolleyes:

i dont give a fuck.

Good for you, neither do I, you're 30 years old and have 7K+ posts, act like it, don't neg rep me for 'bitching', I was merely pointing out that it is not very nice to neg rep a 2 post newbie for no good reason.

Sorry, i must've missed it. I finally bought'em. Might be nice summer jeans (allthough very experimental, as it was discussed some pages ago.) As I don't really care about the fit (as long as the waist isn't too small or too big), it could turn out to be a great garment. Thx.

I think this is the third time I posted this. They are Japanese denim and all the other japanese denim LVCs I've had have had very little shrinkage after soaks. If these are anything like those there will be very little shrinkage. [...]

Sorry, i must've missed it. I finally bought'em. Might be nice summer jeans (allthough very experimental, as it was discussed some pages ago.) As I don't really care about the fit (as long as the waist isn't too small or too big), it could turn out to be a great garment. Thx.

My advice wear'm raw as long as you can stand'm. (I'm talking MONTHS of hard wear. To big, thats why theres a cinch back and buckle and a really nice buckle that really works too. If they're to big just cinch'm up tight. You're not gonna get much shrinkage outta the Japanese denim anyway.

I haven't had much of a chance to wear mine much yet. Still braking in a pair of 1901s and a pair of 1880s. They are next on list and I have worn them some.

Good for you, neither do I, you're 30 years old and have 7K+ posts, act like it, don't neg rep me for 'bitching', I was merely pointing out that it is not very nice to neg rep a 2 post newbie for no good reason.

sufu is not a nice place.... sorry.

if you have anything else to say, you can pm me... enough shitting up this thread.