Levi's Vintage Clothing

I think that advice was for those new Pantaloons and other models made from the Japanese denim because they don't shrink much. So to get set whiskers and combs it is best to wear them raw for awhile because after soaking the only difference is the starch is gone.

I have the absolute best luck and get the fades the way I like them wearing them raw as long as I can stand them. Got that technique a decade or so ago from our good bud crownzip (thanks Grant). They cam only be raw once and the creases really set well when they're raw. And remember this, it takes at least 10 wet to drys for full shrinkage and maybe 4 or more to get most of it out of the way.

Heres some of my efforts where there was at least 4 full months before water.

1915s almost 6 months dry. THis is after a couple of cold soaks

IMG_8244.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

1955s

After 4 months or so and the first soak

IMG_3249.jpg

Today after years of wear and many soaks

IMG_0187.jpg

Guest rusholmeruffian

It's worth a look in. The Cheshire oaks outlet had LVC back in 200 . Of course they hadn't a clue what it was.

I know I have mentioned it before on this thread but I remember the tons of LVC that tk tatt let go for a pittance back in the day. (sigh)

Looking good!

Curious what size you have there, and if you maybe have pre and post soak measurements. Going to be parting with my new 1947 501's and was thinking perhaps going with something different, and the 1933's interest me.

Thanks!

These are tagged 34 Waist 36 Leg

Measured Pre Soak 34 waist 36.5 leg

Now 33.5 waist 33.5 leg

When then, something new....

might be going to an outlet mall this weekend that has a Levis store. Anyone think there's a chance there might be some LVC there? Called the store a few weeks ago and asked them if they had any, but they didn't really know what I was talking about. Would be nice to stumble across some 1800s Levis on clearance for well under $100.

I'm in NC and have been to the Levi's Outlet in Potomac Mills in VA... nothing. Just called the Levi's store near where I live and they said they don't carry any of the XX lines, only the "same high quality" (hmmm... ok) current season Levi's products. They referred me to some of their NYC stores (ha!). I'm tempted to check it out anyway, but it's a 30 minute drive-- not a long trip, but not short enough for me to act on an air of suspicion. From what she was telling me, they don't receive any past season or end of season items from other stores.

Hey guys,

I'm a Levi's full price Store Manager here in VA, and I love LVC. Let me give you the info on where to buy LVC in an actual Levi's store.

California- The Union Square Store (flagship store) has the best selection of any store in the company, but they do NOT have everything you have seen. They are still working on getting the full collection. The Malibu store has a VERY small selection. They have the 47, 54 and 66 501's, a few belts and maybe a Type 1.

Boston- The Newbury Street store has a small selection of LVC stuff. The store is still relatively new, so it should get better as time goes on. They also carry a lot of "Made Here" product, thats various items all made in the US.

NYC- The Meatpacking store has the 2nd best selection of LVC amongst the Levi's owned stores. They have a decent selection of 501's, the 1967 505's tops and belts I believe. They even have an in house Levi's historian. Apparently Levi's hired him because he was such a lush for Levi's and knew a lot. I've heard he's great to listen to.

Besides those stores, NO other Levi's stores will be carrying Levi's LVC. Malibu, Meatpacking and Newbury are all considered "Premium Jeans Stores" and they are the only ones allowed to carry it. So far, they have not marked anything from LVC down, or allowed it to be part of any promotion or sale we have had in the past 6 months. So the only way to get LVC cheaper through a Levi's store is to have a military ID and you can save 10% off. As far as outlets go, they don't serve us kind of folk. They target "conventional" customers, thrifty or cheap people looking for cheap 505's and 550's. So I wouldn't put any hope in finding anything cool at Outlets.

I hope this helps. When I first got into my store, we had 10 pair of 1947's on Sale for $39.90. Lendo bought up a few of em. Lucky guy huh!?

^Those were good days....I bought a pair of '47's back then but unfortunately had to sell (same thing happened with my 555's...too small in the waist!)

Haven't met the Historian in NY but his picture has been posted on here before I think? I'm sure a lot of us here could pass for "historians" at our local stores...Wonder how much he gets paid ;)

AHO, you are correct. Most of the people on this thread know as much as anyone working in a Levi's store with the exception of a few people. Levi's tells us almost nothing, so if any average Levi's sales person wants to know about LVC, they have to learn it themselves. Then again, 95% of most sales people will never see LVC in their life.

After seeing Roy's blue and white striped shirt I need to make a trip to SF to goto Union Square.

FWIW, I used to work at Levi's a few years back and that is the sad reality...But I always got a kick when we had random denim heads pop in and I'd surprise the hell out of them when I told them "nice SDA's, etc.etc."...Good times indeed!

Also, I'll be heading to SF this weekend and will drop by the flagship store. I remember a while back it was mentioned that the Levi's HQ has a lobby with old denim on display? Is this accurate? Also, if anyone has any recommendations on where else to stop by in town for a denim fan, please let me know (SE, etc. aside)...

For those people still hesitating on the ln-cc orders, you can now get 50% off with the code "EXTRATEN" (it's only 10% on top of the 40% off sale)

The bad news is that the 34" & 36" 1947s seem to be sold out, and the 34" are the size I need cause I'm sure the 33"s will be too small

Just swung by Cinch.

They are selling off their last raw 1915 from tomorrow am. Good range of sizes apparently. Half price, namely £110. No one knows if they will be produced again. So if you want them, jump now. As had been pointed out, this is some of the nicest fabric on LVC (or any cinchback model), bar none.

Sadly, the 1937 is going too.

Incidentally, the replacement for the '15 is the 1920s redline model, with beltloops. No clue if it's any different from the last one.

Do they have 30 waist?

Just swung by Cinch.

They are selling off their last raw 1915 from tomorrow am. Good range of sizes apparently. Half price, namely £110. No one knows if they will be produced again. So if you want them, jump now. As had been pointed out, this is some of the nicest fabric on LVC (or any cinchback model), bar none.

Sadly, the 1937 is going too.

Incidentally, the replacement for the '15 is the 1920s redline model, with beltloops. No clue if it's any different from the last one.

dang. I'm really tempted to get another pair of those. I absolutely love the ones I have. Details and stitching are the best I've seen on LVC. except for the cinch...

Its a shame about the 37. Kinda strange they dropped that one.

dang. I'm really tempted to get another pair of those. I absolutely love the ones I have. Details and stitching are the best I've seen on LVC. except for the cinch...

Its a shame about the 37. Kinda strange they dropped that one.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 37s (or the 1915) back in a few years. Rotating some of the less popular models is good for the line. Ya sell a guy a pair of 1937s a couple years ago, he's bought a 1915 since then, and next year he'll buy a 1927. Hopefully when the 37 pops back up three or four years down the line, he gets another pair.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 37s (or the 1915) back in a few years. Rotating some of the less popular models is good for the line. .

it's what they've traditionally done - it generates a sense of event when a model returns. That would always be the case with models like the 201, or the nevada-style.

Didn't have time to check the new model range, but I did see what, from a few feet away, looked like a terrific 55 wash, best one I've seen from LVC in some time.

Fabian, from the shop, and I were already reminiscing about that sample sale and wondering if we will ever see its like again.

i like the 37' and own some, but i wish they would use the hiatus to make improvements specifically the arcs. i always felt they could be improved on. another thing i've mentioned before, i have some older pairs and the denim is heavy very much like on the 44's but the last i bought (4170's) the denim was thin.

i like the 37' and own some, but i wish they would use the hiatus to make improvements specifically the arcs. i always felt they could be improved on. another thing i've mentioned before, i have some older pairs and the denim is heavy very much like on the 44's but the last i bought (4170's) the denim was thin.

My 37s are 4170s, and my 506 was made in during the same time period (2007). Biggest complaint with both is that the denim is very thin. Would like to see something closer to what's used in my 44s from 2008.

My 37s are 4170s, and my 506 was made in during the same time period (2007). Biggest complaint with both is that the denim is very thin. Would like to see something closer to what's used in my 44s from 2008.

this seems to be a trend with some models. my 555 506 from the 90's has very thick dark heavy denim and my earlier 643m 37's are at least 12oz. i'm not sure if the thinner denim is more historically correct or a cost cutting move but i prefer the 12-14oz weights.