Levi's Vintage Clothing

I would still love to see roys stripey shirt.

Here's the shirt. I couldn't find his or my waywt picture of it, mine was under a jacket anyways. It's a beautiful piece with great details. The real Mother of Pearl buttons and the curved placket are some of my favorite.

5554750840_341c67918f.jpg

Fabian, from the shop, and I were already reminiscing about that sample sale and wondering if we will ever see its like again.

5864597311_97ab2a718d_b.jpg

Speaking of which- this is the Sunset Jacket Paul was nice enough to snag for me from that sample sale. Along with the 1878 Pantaloons- haha Devilish, I beat you to it by a matter of minutes, I'll bet, More pictures in the works.

Devilish- as a consolation prize, pm me your waist and inseam size.

Here's some pictures of the 1878s. I soaked them two days ago and wore them to dry, then wore them to work today to loosen them up a little.

They acted pretty much like a typical pre-Cone LVC during the soak- they shrank hardly at all, bled more indigo than Cone models, and the buckle bent and almost broke the first time I fastened it.

5865223014_d25ee47de3_b.jpg

5865223040_b74210d03b_b.jpg

Here's some pictures of the 1878s. I soaked them two days ago and wore them to dry, then wore them to work today to loosen them up a little.

They acted pretty much like a typical pre-Cone LVC during the soak- they shrank hardly at all, bled more indigo than Cone models, and the buckle bent and almost broke the first time I fastened it.

Finally seeing them shrunk up and on someone, they look a lot better than I expected (though certainly not a style I could wear). For what it's worth, IMO they'd look better hemmed and left uncuffed to a length a little longer than where you're wearing them in your photos.

Finally seeing them shrunk up and on someone, they look a lot better than I expected (though certainly not a style I could wear). For what it's worth, IMO they'd look better hemmed and left uncuffed to a length a little longer than where you're wearing them in your photos.

They don't shrink much and didn't as Roy stated. I like the cuff and on trimmer jeans, the cuff rocks in my opinion as do the suspenders but I'm the guy that loves to wear my 1905 209 coveralls.

They don't shrink much and didn't as Roy stated. I like the cuff and on trimmer jeans, the cuff rocks in my opinion as do the suspenders but I'm the guy that loves to wear my 1905 209 coveralls.

All personal taste. IMO, cuffs are a must on 501s up through the 33 model. 37s through 55s look fine worn either way, and 66s no cuffs. With the shape of the pantaloons, and how I believe trousers would have been worn back then, again it's just my opinion that they'd look better hemmed.

If worn true to the pants they were likely modeled on then they would probably not have had cuffs. They may even have had stirrup straps to hook under riding boots. However I think I'll be wearing them with cuffs also. Going to give them their first outing to work today.

All personal taste. IMO, cuffs are a must on 501s up through the 33 model. 37s through 55s look fine worn either way, and 66s no cuffs. With the shape of the pantaloons, and how I believe trousers would have been worn back then, again it's just my opinion that they'd look better hemmed.

Heres the deal if you're worried about fashion statements and how my butt looks in those pre 1940s anything if they're halfway cut accurately are not your jean. In fact most 501s are touted as the anti fit and anti-Calvin Klein look and there certainly are plenty of options out there for those that want a jean thats a fashion statement but if you're worried about saggy butt or any of those kinds of issues most authentic 501s especially early pre 1940s should not be the direction you are looking in.

Heres the deal if you're worried about fashion statements and how my butt looks in those pre 1940s anything if they're halfway cut accurately are not your jean. In fact most 501s are touted as the anti fit and anti-Calvin Klein look and there certainly are plenty of options out there for those that want a jean thats a fashion statement but if you're worried about saggy butt or any of those kinds of issues most authentic 501s especially early pre 1940s should not be the direction you are looking in.

How did the conversation go from taper and cuffs to saggy butts? And where have a I ever mentioned wanting "fashion jeans"?

Roy posted his pair of pantaloons being worn (something you seem to be hesitant to do for some reason). I believe he did this to show them to people who are interested in them, and to get feedback and thoughts. Now, when I offer my polite opinion to HIM, I see no reason for YOU to start telling me what my fashion sense is and what brand of jeans are for me.

Your ability to go off on a completely different tangent and make the conversation about you and whatever you want to talk about never ceases to amaze me.

okay, here's a question or more of a poll. Which makes less marks on your jeans.. Cuffing or Rolling? My 55's are rolled twice but don't seem to have as much fold marks as my 33's which are cuffed....

anyone notice which makes less marks on your jeans....

How did the conversation go from taper and cuffs to saggy butts? And where have a I ever mentioned wanting "fashion jeans"?

Roy posted his pair of pantaloons being worn (something you seem to be hesitant to do for some reason). I believe he did this to show them to people who are interested in them, and to get feedback and thoughts. Now, when I offer my polite opinion to HIM, I see no reason for YOU to start telling me what my fashion sense is and what brand of jeans are for me.

Your ability to go off on a completely different tangent and make the conversation about you and whatever you want to talk about never ceases to amaze me.

Some want to be so fashionable in pre-40s LVCs and are always amazed when they're not. And again fit on A is so irrelevant to fit on B. Someone might look great in A and B looks horrible. Tangents? You seem to have plenty of your own. Again I couldn't care less what anyone wears and how they break in their jeans but I will speak and show what works well for me. And it seems to ger some around here all up in arms someone would think wearing'm raw is crazy even if it works for them and they can clearly show results.

Oh and how we got onto saggy butts specifically

"Finally seeing them shrunk up and on someone, they look a lot better than I expected"

And agin as Roy pointed out they didn't shrink much so they pretty much fit like they did raw.

I don't follow either, may not be a native speaker but don't see how airfrog got from hem/cuff to saggy butts :P

Fashion; cuff or don't cuff and my point is that if you are worried about being fashionable caring about whether the cuffs look good or not, is fashion. Cuff'm, don't cuff'm, I don't care. But it still doesn't change my point.

Also wanted to say it really takes time for shrink to fit to really work and to pre shrink or get the shrinkage out all at once really kinda defeats STF. STF does work but you really do need to take your time with it and be patient. Personally I really don't care what anyone does but if I post anything like keep'm outta water as much as possible the folks come out'a the woodwork to say how wrong I am and one or two go on tangents of their own about it. If you wanna wash'm and/or put'm in the dryer rock on but I will always post an opposing view to that technique. But I couldn't care less what you actually do.

I don't follow either, may not be a native speaker but don't see how airfrog got from hem/cuff to saggy butts :P

It all goes hand in hand, when I commented on Roy's cuffs, I was obviously referring to Airfrog's ass, and Roy's fit is an A, so Airfrog's is irrelevant and must be a B, and so forth and so on.

Happy Holligan, cuffs are going to leave aggressive creases in your jeans that can wear through quick at times, especially with the lighter weight pre-WWII LVC. I've heard guys recommend taking the cuffs out at the end of the day and cuffing them at a different spot the next day, but I've had pretty decent creases set in with less than a day's wear. So I say cuff 'em where you like and be prepared to patch them at some point.

Josh, I agree that cuffs tend to look better on a slimmer guy. I love having cuffs on my SC 47s and Warehouse 1001XXs, but my hemmed jeans are more flattering and get more positive remarks in the non superdenim world.