Levi's Vintage Clothing

I'm watching that piece... The first thing that strikes me is Lynn puts on her white gloves to protect these vintage 1800 jeans from the natural oils in her hands, and then as she has the jeans open, she brushes back her hair with her gloved hand... wouldn't that just load the glove now with all the oils in her hair? To me, it's like a surgeon using his hand to cover his sneeze before he opens you up..

I know it's just jeans and not a body, but what's the difference?

Is it just me or is Lynn D very sexy?

That Trynka guy isn't bad either, doesn't look nearly as much like a '30s soup kitchen hobo as I had expected.

It was amusing to see Lynn say that a pair of 501s must have been worn by a biker, as the wear was so similar to that of a pair worn by a cowboy. The jeans she had were worn in in the pattern pretty much all well-used jeans are, and all mine are, and I haven't been on a horse or a motorcycle in some years.

It was amusing to see Lynn say that a pair of 501s must have been worn by a biker, as the wear was so similar to that of a pair worn by a cowboy. The jeans she had were worn in in the pattern pretty much all well-used jeans are, and all mine are, and I haven't been on a horse or a motorcycle in some years.

She's got a BA in archival history, but a masters in marketing.

(or so I'd guess)

I read an interview with Lynn some time ago. She has a master's degree in Library Science (Which is what you need to be an archivist, most of the time, although some people have a masters in some sort of public history; that's what the archivist has at the Library I work out has anyway.).

I was just curious how LVC decides what it will offer? Judging by catalogs its all based upon a theme, with a handful of inspired items correct? Or is it based upon acquisitions by Lynn et. al?

The reason I ask is because i've seen pictures on the LS&CO website of the famous Bing Crosby Tuxedo. I am not really a tux kind of guy, but I'd totally rock a red-tab boutonniere. Even just to have one would be cool.

Maybe something like that would be more 'made a crafted' than LVC, or Levis collectible clothing.

Speaking of, Was Levis Collectible Clothing (those butcher,baker and candlestick maker jeans were all I've ever seen/ heard of) a predecessor to RED? Or just a completely different entity? I know i've searched for info about it here before, but wasn't ever able to find anything.

(sorry for all the sort of random questions)

I see raw '47s and '55s are up to $250 at context. Are they just charging more than other stores, or is there another price increase on the way?

Just looked at unionmade, and they're up to $250 for raw 501s too. Guess that answers my question. Gonna price yourself outta the game LVC....

I see raw '47s and '55s are up to $250 at context. Are they just charging more than other stores, or is there another price increase on the way?

Just looked at unionmade, and they're up to $250 for raw 501s too. Guess that answers my question. Gonna price yourself outta the game LVC....

Far as I'm concerned, they already have; and I hate that cause I love 47s. Been wearing em a long time.

Where to cop pickaxe?!

The back of my truck, parked on Buchanan street usually between 5pm and 9am.

Robbie- Lvc has a loose theme for each season. Usually there are a handful of items, about half or less, that relate to the theme, and then there are their standard items and stuff from different eras that they produce too.

If you look on the LVC Catalogs thread, there are a lot of the hang-tag books photographed and they have explanations of the theme in them. Usually the theme is an era, say late-'40s wartime or '60 mod. Last season's theme was Monterey, CA, and had some nautical references.

That's not even the worst, I believe MSRP for rigid LVC is $341, I guess no one dares to charge that.

wtf. thats outrageous. I wouldn't spend that much on any pair of jeans.

Heck, I wont even buy LVC until they're on sale at cultizm.

thank god i put in a huge supply a few years back. i was worried that they might quit making them so i loaded up. turns out it saved me a lot of money! when you consider the current squeeze being put on for essentials (food, gasoline etc..) i sure am not in the market for $250 Levis.

thank god i put in a huge supply a few years back. i was worried that they might quit making them so i loaded up. turns out it saved me a lot of money! when you consider the current squeeze being put on for essentials (food, gasoline etc..) i sure am not in the market for $250 Levis.

remember when gas was $1.50 a gallon?

remember when LVC 501s were $175 a piece?

speaking of caps (and I apologize for staying off-topic), but does anyone know what kind of cap this is? Style, era???

Photoon2010-08-03at1220.jpg

It's leather and the inside is lined with red silk/acetate. It has "Macca Dacca, San Francisco" on the top of the underside and a big picture of a raccoon head. Any info is appreciated.

its call baker boy hat / newsboy hat tts all i know