Levi's Vintage Clothing

does anyone have a 1955 sawtooth shirt? i tried it on at the levi's store today and really liked the fit, unfortunately i thought the sleeves were really long. thoughts???

I have one, I personally find the fit pretty much perfect. It's slightly less slim-cut than the Wrangler shirt, altho I prefer the fabric somewhat. It's very easy to wear, too, altho I've laid mine up temporarily as it's not 'chunky' enough to fit with my ROYs.

Anyone own the 1873 canvas duck pants? Thinking about buying a pair and I'm wondering how big they fit, do they stretch etc. ?

Might be worth PMing entertainment and Riff, they both own a pair - there are two slightly different models, one with a yoke section and one without.

I have a pair of them made at the old Valencia St. factory. When I got them they were like new but had not been washed or shrunken. The were HUGE when I first tried them on. Way too big in the waist, legs and the length was crazy long, 38"!!! They shrank up a full 3 inches in length, at least an inch in the waist and an inch in the front rise. The legs got slimmer too. They are not slim by any means, but they are a great relaxed fit pant. I love them to death. Oh, mine are the ones with the yoke construction. They don't stretch as much as I thought they would either

You will love em I promise!

thanks for the appreciation guys!

they have been worn raw for the first 9 months (in 2006 or so), then washed and worn every now and then . the colour is much better in real life though

I've about 3 solid weeks wear on my 1915s now. So far they've faded more quickly than my Flat Head F350s did after a similar period, despite the general consensus that Cone fades more slowly than the FH 3XXX denim.

I really like 'em despite the baggyish arse (anti-fit), which I suppose is due to the higher back rise.

since there was talk about the LVC 1955 Sawtooth Denim Shirt, I'll upload two pics of mine. But I'm not sure if I wanna keep it.

If I could get one that fit that well, I'd keep it!

I assume it hasn't been washed or soaked yet? Might be too small after getting wet.

Is it just me or does the leg opening on the 1878 look too tapered and narrow? Also, how are you supposed to keep them around your waist with no belt loops or suspender buttons (cinch's don't do that good a job). Do they come with that little box of add on buttons?

Is it just me or does the leg opening on the 1878 look too tapered and narrow? Also, how are you supposed to keep them around your waist with no belt loops or suspender buttons (cinch's don't do that good a job). Do they come with that little box of add on buttons?

My 1915s have no belt loops and I don't use braces (suspenders) and I have no problem keeping them up with a proper cinch, rather than the useless one that came with them.

Question: do the tagged sizes on the 'rough rinse' take the shrinkage into account or are they like the sizes on the stf's?

They are preshrunk so the tag size is the actual measurements. I asked in American Classics and the creases of the wash will iron out quite well

I have a pair of these on the way from Cultizm. Dejan has a lot of different sizes in stock.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p874_Levi--180-s--Vintage-Clothing-1878-Pantaloons-Jeans-Rigid.html

I'll get some photos after they arrive. If you've never ordered anything form Dejan, Cultizms shipping is just insane. I order stuff on say a monday and I usually have it in hand by Thursday in the US from Europe. The guys customer service is just amazing!!!! I really don't order LVC from anyone else.

I have a pair of these on the way from Cultizm. Dejan has a lot of different sizes in stock.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p874_Levi--180-s--Vintage-Clothing-1878-Pantaloons-Jeans-Rigid.html

I'll get some photos after they arrive. If you've never ordered anything form Dejan, Cultizms shipping is just insane. I order stuff on say a monday and I usually have it in hand by Thursday in the US from Europe. The guys customer service is just amazing!!!! I really don't order LVC from anyone else.

And don't forget how much better the price is at Cultizm ($222 compared to 215 pounds or almost $300 or more in other places in the US).

Were you able to find out how they have been sized? I recently sent them an email trying to find out and am waiting to hear back.

Edit: I should have checked my email first. Just heard back from them, and the 32s measure 33.5 in the waist, the 33s measure 34, and the 34s measure 35. Hope this helps others in my general size range!