Levi's Vintage Clothing

the '67s are definitely going to be slimmer than your '47s if you sized them the same. the '67s feature a tapered leg and curved waist -- which results in a fairly high back rise. mine had a little hip flare at first thanks to the shape of the back pockets and curved waist, but if you've sized down this shouldn't be a problem.

They are tapered, for sure, with a much narrower lower leg but they are more comfortable around the top block. Mind you: '47's are stf, 505's are NOT. So tagged sizes don't really compare. Besides, LVC 505's to my best knowlegde run slightly undersize. My W36's are actually measured 35. Measure the actual waist of your shrunken '47's, I guess that should give you a decent clue.

blackbird ballard is in the states and is having a sale. but they have REALLY limited sizes left.

I wonder what's up with all the sales? Needing to move product for the holidays? Having to move old inventory to make way for new? Or unable to move LVC at the new prices and dumping the brand.....?

Speaking of comfortable, I don't see what attracts people in '47's. Yes, the cut looks absolutely gorgeous, but you have to have really skinny thighs. I guess they were originally cut for people who'd just been through wartime starvation. Or for teenagers :P

@setterman: just stock that needs to move, I guess. Often it is more economic to sell off last season's stock at a lower margin and free storage space than to hang on to it and miss out on sales because you don't have room for the new collection. Fast moving consumer goods, that is called in marketing terms ;-)

I'm going to hit up some of my vintage collector buddies to see if I can come up with some original buckles. If I'm successful I'll let my fellow 1915 LVC owners know.

Grant

Did anyone get any joy with spare buckles? $32 postage to the UK from riverjunction is a bit much for me. My 1890 and 1915 need better ones

Did anyone get any joy with spare buckles? $32 postage to the UK from riverjunction is a bit much for me. My 1890 and 1915 need better ones

Same problem here, Paul T suggested the riverjunction also but the pricetag is just pain daft for a buckle...

We could do a group buy, if someone in the US will help us out

I've just proxied 2 buckles via a US sufuer for the same reason - should have ordered more really, it was a bit short-sighted of me. Total postage costs for US and UK deliveries was around $11.

Can't say who it was as it's not fair on him but put a plea out on this thread and see who bites. I'll probably be up for some more.

Good luck!

Got this beauty from Dejan today:

dsci0442y.jpg

20's tee in milk white (longsleeve).

dsci0441.jpg

Fitpics asap, unfortunately oversized, I'm waiting for the smaller one. Superb fabric, a mix of cotton and linen, supersoft and high end finish. The box is also great...;-) Yeah, it's pricey, but I've got it from Dejans christmas special.

Got this beauty from Dejan today:

dsci0442y.jpg

20's tee in milk white (longsleeve).

dsci0441.jpg

Fitpics asap, unfortunately oversized, I'm waiting for the smaller one. Superb fabric, a mix of cotton and linen, supersoft and high end finish. The box is also great...;-) Yeah, it's pricey, but I've got it from Dejans christmas special.

wow, that looks great. wish I had some extra dough for one of those. I want one of the short sleeve ones with the ribbed sleeves...I dont know if they offer those anymore though.

I'm glad to see they're made in the states now. real beauties.

First post.

Just got these today, 1954 501Z 30x34

I was hoping they would fit a bit more snug so that I could wear them in before I soaked them. Just going to wear them going out tonight and maybe tomorrow, then Christmas Eve soak.

119mluf.jpg

21aeotg.jpg

i'm probably alone on this one, but i actually like the way those fit pre-soak. i wish mine fit like that.

The same SuFuer has just very kindly PMd me.

I could do with a couple, altho I'm in no hurry. I am happy to forward on to jewelben. If we get one more request (so we have three in total) I"m happy to arrange this again.

cheers all if this comes off

wow, that looks great. wish I had some extra dough for one of those. I want one of the short sleeve ones with the ribbed sleeves...I dont know if they offer those anymore though.

I'm glad to see they're made in the states now. real beauties.

I have one of those short sleeve sunsets, it came with the 1927 pack but I never saw them for sale on their own.

If you ever see them for sale seperately, please let me know.

@dr.house

Nice pick up btw

Anybody know of any upcoming sales like Cultizm had. I missed out on the 34 X 34 size in 47s. If anybody has any to sell I will also consider em.

Thanks,

What's your actual waist size? I have a pair of '47 36X34. Took a bath in them and wore once or twice, but never really liked the fit.

Barney's is having a really good LVC sale right now- there's stuff in the store that isn't in their on-line sale.

I just came from the Union Square SF one, and everything there was pretty much 60% off.

They had Lot 67 sack coats for $200, Sunset shirts for $79, the 'Monterey' sweatshirt (seriously ugly & not a bargain) for $99, Bay Meadow ts for $29, and '44, '47 & '66 501s, mostly, but not all, washed, for $89- $109.