Levi's Vintage Clothing

gave the 37s a hot soak, hung them to dry for a while and now they are being worn damp (didn't want to lose too much in the waist)

as you can see it slimmed down the leg a fair bit, and I did lose a little length (maybe an inch and a half or 2) much happier with the fit now, wasn't really going for the super loose miner style fit, wanted a more modern/vintage fit a bit fuller than my 47's but not sloppy

These look awesome. I think this is the cut I would prefer to my '47s, since I already have a slimmer vintage cut pair.

Sorry if I missed, but how did you size compared to your '47s?

1915 has much nicer fabric, from Cone rather than Kurabo, which fades in a really 3-d way. I know Dr Heech had some reservations about details (wiastband stitching?) but they are indisputably one of the gems in the range. Besides, attacking rivets with a hammer is a great way of bonding with yer pants.

I love the denim they've used on the 1915. It is indisputeably one of the best from Cone that Lvc has used. Yes, my beef is with some of the details, but it is also the same with the 1917's (as apart from the fabric, they are the same jean cut/details-wise) - but these have been discussed before.

BTW love those early tailored pants to look at but I dont think you'll get me in a pair.

@Maynard, what size are you?

Congratulations on 1000 posts Dr!

I usually wear a 32 in 50s reproduction styles. My 201s were an oversized 34 and shrank to tag size. I should have got a 32 but that was 5.5 years ago when I was even more stupid than I am now!

That's a very intriguing new model. I'd like to see someone wearing them, and see where the tailoring comes in. I think I'd break down and have to add suspender buttons though. Especially with that kick-up in the back. It seems that when they were playing around with some of the details on these they ended up in a sort of backhanded way on the recent panel pants. I picked up the selvedge pair at the local Levis on closeout. They've got chambray lined knees, dropped slant front pockets, vaguely early style cloth patch (on the inside?), and light fabric waistband. The waist denim is straight, but the lining mimics the dip in the middle back.

Has anyone ever come across fit pictures of the springbottoms?

is it possible to get some sort of "snap on" suspender buttons for my 37's? I know the originals had this as an option but does LVC offer anything for the repro models?

could be a long shot but worth asking because I'd love to get some

ide be interested as well....

mine came with a box when I ordered from cultizm. I applied them a few months ago, or else i'd let somebody else have them. I think my brother still has his somewhere though...

like these pictures from mindenim.se

lvcb.jpg

lvcb1.jpg

This is my oldest pair of Frye's. Pretty similar shape to the harness, but there is just something about the harness that I love. But enough boot talk in this thread I guess, ha ha.

Just purchased a pair of '47s, so once I get those my next post in this thread will be relevant.

DSC_0263.jpg

I mentioned these Lot 66 overalls a few weeks ago, and finally managed to photograph them. They're not new, but no-one's posted photos here so far, so...

Like the 1878 Pantaloons, these are quirky items, that make a refreshing difference from yer standard 50s 5-pocket jean. They are based on a Lot 66 bib overall, with the bib cut off (which has been done to originals, too), and patch pockets added. These have a bit of a Mr Freedom vibe to me, with the dungaree cut and anchor buttons, but they're arguably even more quirky, with a lightweight denim in a lovely, plain selvage which I would guess is Japanese from Kurabo or similar. (Incidetnally, I forgot to mention the almost ecru fill yarn on the 1878 pantaloons, one of many little details that add tro the overall vibe). I guess this is a fall 2010 item, available in several finishes, one of them heavily patched (and probably quite pricey). this is the basic rinse, which looks a bit grungier in the flesh, but is still fiarly sutble.

The cheapo 200, 333 and 66 series have always been undersung faves to me, and it's good to see customised versions, too - the last time I remember seeing a range of funky items like this for LVC was 2003, when they produced great jeans like the Indigo Immortal and the customised Koveralls.

Together with the striped, navy-feel T, I can imagine wearing these while tinkering underneath my old Ford, then wandering down to the docks in a Tennessee Williams stylee, cruising to make a few extra $$$ for a new carburettor or chrome job. The American dream.

p1080623.jpg

p1080627.jpg

p1080625.jpg

p1080626.jpg

The concept and detailing is really ingeniously thought-out - the added patch pockets are 'recycled' from the bib, cut in half and placed over the normal pockets. The chest watch pocket has been moved to the left leg, while the belt loops are made from the old braces/suspenders. Cool, huh?

p1080628.jpg

p1080629.jpg

I was wondering what size should I get if I want to get an LVC denim jacket? I tried a medium and it fit me snug so I tried the large and it was somewhat big on me. Should I size up or TTS? I am planning on wearing layers underneath it. It's gonna be cold later on. Also, do I need to soak it first or can I simply wear it raw? thanks

Paul, those Lot 66 overalls definitely give off a Mister Freedom vibe. They remind me of my MFSC 7163s. The Lot 66s were probably an inspiration piece.

BTW,has anyone read Maurizio Donadi's interview in the new issue of Inventory? It's an interesting read, but I still want to know why LVC can't get some consistency

ThisSunday. What does Donaldi say he has in store for the brand?

Thanks for the link, really like their site.

Nice 551zxx's btw. Why you sell?

Too many jeans, too many jeans.

PaulT- thanks for posting those two new LVC pieces. What else did you see? Any new jackets in the work?

Tell me. Tell me. Tell me.

PaulT- thanks for posting those two new LVC pieces. What else did you see? Any new jackets in the work?

Tell me. Tell me. Tell me.

Sorry, I wasn't focusing too much on LVC, more on Made and Crafted; I did see a really quirky indigo barracuta-style short jacket that apparently won't make production, plus IIRC some other short twill styles, but I was mostly hypnotised by the Pantaloons.

I do very much like the current shawl collar jacket and the distressed sack coat, but you've seen both of those, I guess.

What does Donaldi say he has in store for the brand?

He actually puts a price on poetry in the interview.

I'm breaking in my second deadstock pair of LVC 1947's today. The first pair of 1947's got thrashed to pieces and had holes within 2 months of wear because of notorious sagging... I took them to get repaired at denimdoctors and they were good as new.

I ended up getting 4-5 months out of them total before my washing machine decided to rip a grapefruit sized hole on the upper thigh and through the pockets. I figured enough was enough.

My style's definitely changed and I've started to wear my pants the normal way. 23 isn't bad for giving up these juvenile trends :)

Wish me luck with this pair guys.

What's normal? I don't think sagging is a juvenile trend. My grandpa really got into sagging (more as a result of gravity than a style decision) for the five years prior to his death.

I think sagging can look cool, you just gotta buy the right jeans for it.

Regarding LVC, he says there are different lines. "Made in America" is what we're most familiar with (501s, jackets, shirts). "Tribute" is character based (miner, fisherman, carpenter). Then there's going to be another line based on the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

He also basically says that denim heads should not expect LVC to be true reproductions because the materials are made differently today. But he does say that they are trying their best

Not sure what to think about this quote. Seems like he's giving the label some leeway to go beyond the true spirit of LVC.

He also basically says that denim heads should not expect LVC to be true reproductions because the materials are made differently today. But he does say that they are trying their best