Levi's Vintage Clothing

Selling this size 40 LVC Japan Type 2 jacket, 100 Shipped. Sorry for all the pics, but I figure that even those not interested in purchasing might still be curious. I think it's from the 90s.

Soaked once, then soaked again after two months. I didn't wear it much, only on short bike rides to work. I haven't worn it since the second soak.

IMG_3404-1.jpg?t=1272057133

IMG_3383.jpg?t=1272057154

IMG_3384.jpg?t=1272057187

IMG_3386.jpg?t=1272057218

IMG_3387.jpg?t=1272057237

IMG_3388.jpg?t=1272057260

IMG_3389.jpg?t=1272057278

IMG_3391.jpg?t=1272057298

IMG_3393.jpg?t=1272057316

Selling this size 40 LVC Japan Type 2 jacket, 100 Shipped. Sorry for all the pics, but I figure that even those not interested in purchasing might still be curious. I think it's from the 90s.

Soaked once, then soaked again after two months. I didn't wear it much, only on short bike rides to work. I haven't worn it since the second soak

Bump'd it for ya! Hope nobody minds not much going on here lately anyway.

Post soak 47's:

IMG_0980.jpgIMG_0983.jpgIMG_0985.jpg

I love the jeans but I have 2 qualms:

-Insane leg twist on my left leg (~3" shifted towards center) the pics don't do it justice. I like leg twists on vintage Levi's but the leg twist already seems pretty extreme and I don't see it getting better in the future. Also, it bothers me how the left is twisted and the right isn't.

-Second, the inseam is way too long. Does anyone know of a place to get them shortened and chain-stitched in the Midwest. Does context do it? I live pretty close to them.

thanks in advance y'all

Post soak 47's

-Insane leg twist on my left leg (~3" shifted towards center) the pics don't do it justice. I like leg twists on vintage Levi's but the leg twist already seems pretty extreme and I don't see it getting better in the future. Also, it bothers me how the left is twisted and the right isn't.

-Second, the inseam is way too long. Does anyone know of a place to get them shortened and chain-stitched in the Midwest. Does context do it? I live pretty close to them.

thanks in advance y'all

first of all, you might as well start a countdown to crotch rip because those are outrageously tight. good luck with that.

I can't even see the leg twist in that picture which means it aint even that bad. learn to love it if you don't already, cause its not gonna change. personally I think it looks cool.

3465998278_967890ba6a.jpg

and my 37s - even the right leg twists all the way around...

4075012661_f9a1861741.jpg

about the hemming

I dont know about the midwest, but selfedge offers a chain-stitching service

http://www.selfedge.com/chainstitching.php

thanks erk. Im actually starting to like the leg twist a little more and more as time goes on. As for the tight crotch, the jeans in the pic are still soaking wet and shrinking, and I kinda hiked up my jeans really high inspired by the way guys used to wear their jeans in yesteryear but probably will wear em lower on my hips. I sized up 3 on these but have really muscular thighs so its hard to get it right with most jeans

I'm all for a healthy cuff but that one is a bit too healthy... I'd do a nice double roll on those.

Don't wear them low... They were made to be worn on your waist, not your butt.

and don't wear them with those shoes either...

But looks like you're on your way to getting a nice pair of jeans going!

Post soak 47's:

jwsach- you have to let the leg twist go. Every LVC I've had shows leg twist, and always more on the left leg, for some reason. Like Erk said- learn to love it.

Looks like an alright fit to me, or like it will be when they're not hitched up. If you have muscular thighs, though, that could be tough with '47s, which have the thinnest cut thighs of the LVC. Going up stairs won't be fun.

jstavrin- thanks! And yes, there will be pictures.

thanks in advance y'all

The leg twist is pretty normal for unsanforized denim, especially on 47's. RHT turns to the right, LHT twill to the left. It belongs to real denim. And your pair needs a hem job indeed imo.

denim heads! i recently purchased a pair of 1890s lvcs. great jeans but unfortunately, since i bought them on the road, i didnt get a chance to cut the cinch back as they recommended so it fell off. should i contact levis to get a new cinch (pardon my ignorance as to the real name)? or can anyone recommend a spot in ny where I can pick up a new one?

denim heads! i recently purchased a pair of 1890s lvcs. great jeans but unfortunately, since i bought them on the road, i didnt get a chance to cut the cinch back as they recommended so it fell off. should i contact levis to get a new cinch (pardon my ignorance as to the real name)? or can anyone recommend a spot in ny where I can pick up a new one?

i dont think levi's is gonna be able to help you, and I think that cinch was probably never going to work anyways so here you go -

http://www.riverjunction.com/catalog/buttons/buckles.html

I've used the 1" utility buckle - it works just fine on my 1915s.

Guest Selvage Seb.

LVC 1937

lost count of washes and times I've worn this pair

like 1,5 years old

Last picture is next to a pair of 1944's

(half year old, soaked once)

1z32gwn.jpg

sfgn7d.jpg

1zcixe8.jpg

11v709y.jpg

The leg twist is pretty normal for unsanforized denim, especially on 47's. RHT turns to the right, LHT twill to the left. It belongs to real denim. And your pair needs a hem job indeed imo.

Yes you do need some shortening but WAIT. Let them have about 10 wet to drys before you shorten that length or you will be sorry or maybe not if you like that capri look.

Yes you do need some shortening but WAIT. Let them have about 10 wet to drys before you shorten that length or you will be sorry or maybe not if you like that capri look.

He could take 4" off there right now, and still have enough left for a decent width double cuff (and I assume he wants to cuff them).

To the guy who posted the pix, your jeans look to small and tight up top (and there's not enough rise). And get used to the leg twist. On all my LVC (and most of my MIJ jeans) the outside seam on the left leg twists all the way around to the front while the right leg twists only slightly. it's cool though, embrace it!

He could take 4" off there right now, and still have enough left for a decent width double cuff (and I assume he wants to cuff them).

I agree. I always get my jeans hemmed before washing, so I keep the roping. I allow two inches for shrinkage, but allow a two inch cuff. If they shinrk more, I get a one inch cuff. Adjust to your own taste...

last year I bought a pair of 37's and about a week later I bought the 33's. I started wearing the 33's and until I started seeing these shots of the 37's I actually forgot I had them.

thanks for posting the 37's... I'm wearing them today and put my 33's away for awhile as I need to rotate these....

Hopefully next year my 37's will be camera ready...

Big ups to that dude if he can get someone to blow money on a mediocre pair of worn in LVCs. I don't think I could ever buy someone else's worn in denim, unless it was legit vintage.

To the guy who posted the pix, your jeans look to small and tight up top (and there's not enough rise). And get used to the leg twist. On all my LVC (and most of my MIJ jeans) the outside seam on the left leg twists all the way around to the front while the right leg twists only slightly. it's cool though, embrace it!

the jeans actually fit perfect now, the rise is good and so is the waist. I sized up 3 because I got a good deal on the jeans. I love the leg twist on the jeans after reading some books on vintage levi's and seeing how cool they look w/ leg twist. I am a convert, lvcs are much better than apc, nudies, and all that other euro trash.

Big ups to that dude if he can get someone to blow money on a mediocre pair of worn in LVCs. I don't think I could ever buy someone else's worn in denim, unless it was legit vintage.

He won't. THe best way to get silly prices is generate a feeding frenzy, start low, get your mates to shill it early on and send lots of questions.

I sold a pair of used Lees for $40 on this board - the buyer turned them around on eBay, with an economical but not untruthful description, and got close to $200 for them I recall - twice the retail, new!