Levi's Vintage Clothing

The knappaves do look a lot better, entertainment. Mind if I ask what your sizing was, and the actual post-soak waist and inseam?

The knappaves are a 33x36. I didn't do an immediate post soak measurement. Just measured them today though. They are now the same as before soak in the waist: 17.5" across laid flat and 36" measured BiG style. The inseam was 35.5" pre-soak and has shrunk to about 35".

I did a two hour soak in what I wrote down as a "very warm" temperature, but I used a thermometer recently and it discovered my water temp is lower than I thought. It was probably 100 F/40 C.

Hope that helps.

Hi everyone! :)

I'm relatively new here, so please go easy on a girl's first "real" post!;)

I got a pair of LVC duck pants a number of years ago as a gift. They are about 4-5 sizes too large, so they've been sitting in my closet. But they've been un-earthed in my spring cleaning/selling binge, and I was hoping you guys might be able to tell me more about them.

They're billed as the "1901 Duck Pants", with 5 pockets, & susupender buttoms. Size 34/34.

Here are some pics for you:

lvc1.jpg

lvc2.jpg

lvc3.jpg

lvc4.jpg

Fly button detail:

lvc5.jpg

Suspender buttom & rivet detail:

lvc6.jpg

Any info on these would really be appreciated!:)

^I take 'em if you want to ;-)

My beautiful 44's after their 4th Cowboy wash (clear hot water and a piece of soap), drying in fresh air and hot sun:

dsci0255.jpg

Check the honeycombs besides the deep and rich left indigo. You can imagine how they'll look like after a few more months and some washes. They're pretty stubborn, but man, what a nice jean!

dsci0257.jpg

The nicest arcuate of all imo.

dr, house - those look tasty. Outta rep but will return. Do they still make them with the pink arcs? I'd love to get a pair.

On the topic of LVC, does anyone have a pair of 66's? Info?

@ Sweapea - those are beautiful. Wish they were my size!

nice looking 44s dr house! After finishing my taxes I stopped by the Unionmade store in the city and picked up a pair of the drab wash 44s which I am really loving the fit of.

44_lvc-1-1.jpg

lvc_44_1.jpg

Hi everyone! :)

I'm relatively new here, so please go easy on a girl's first "real" post!;)

I got a pair of LVC duck pants a number of years ago as a gift. They are about 4-5 sizes too large, so they've been sitting in my closet. But they've been un-earthed in my spring cleaning/selling binge, and I was hoping you guys might be able to tell me more about them.

They're billed as the "1901 Duck Pants", with 5 pockets, & susupender buttoms. Size 34/34.

Here are some pics for you:

lvc1.jpg

lvc2.jpg

Any info on these would really be appreciated!:)

Hi Sweapea,

I have exactly the same pantsand in the same size I think? They probably measure more like 38/32 !

They're made in Turkey, about 2006, and have (incorrectly) - '1900 duck pant' on the cardboard picture hang tag. They have a nice washed canvas texture though and (obviously) are quite limited.

Nice but sizing the right pair you would have to try them on first.

Welcome to Sufu.

[edit] - lose the duvet cover/ choose a neutral background :)

Thank you Dr. Heech! I'll find a plain backdrop next time around! ;)

And the info on the ducks is much appreciated - yes, they are quite huge - I can pull them on without unbuttoning, with lots of room to spare!

But I think it is unlikely I will be able to find one my size :(

Bye for now!

'37 owners do yall get the full 2" shrinkage in waist as in a 34 would shrink to a 32". I'm hoping so.

My previous pair had a full two inches; but check the Visual Guide thread to make sure they're not oversized. Upsizing up by one inch from your normal waist size looks good on the 37, too (ie if you're a 33W, buy a 34 inch actual size waist, pre-wash).

My previous pair had a full two inches; but check the Visual Guide thread to make sure they're not oversized. Upsizing up by one inch from your normal waist size looks good on the 37, too (ie if you're a 33W, buy a 34 inch actual size waist, pre-wash).

I ended up getting mine actual size. I think I would have been disappointed in the fit if I'd gone one size up. They were a little tight at the waist at first but the thighs are really really generous.

I ended up getting mine actual size. I think I would have been disappointed in the fit if I'd gone one size up. They were a little tight at the waist at first but the thighs are really really generous.

Do you mean actual measured size?

THe 37 is probably a little trimmer, especially in the seat and thighs than the 15 (I don't have a full set of 1915 measurements to compare), but I think you're right, two inches up would likely be too baggy.

My guess is a 32W 1937 measures 32.5 inches. If you're an actual 32W you would probably be ok wiht the 32W model; soak and wash cold if it's not too roomy when you try them on. I think the next size up, which could be 34 1/2, would more than likely be too big.

Visual Guide thread

yeah, I believe mine measured 1/2" larger than tagged size, measuring in at 34 1/2. But i'm not sure as this was before I made sure to take measurements pre and post soak.

I've found the 1915s to be much trimmer than the 1937s - these measurements are post soak - 1937s had been hot washed and worn for a few weeks before measuring : 1915s were still standing up by themselves.

1915 501 (32x36)

waist: 34

inseam: 34

knee: 9.5

hem: 8.75

thigh: 12

front rise: 12.5

back rise: 16

1937 501 (34x36)

Waist: 34.5

Inseam: 32 3/8

Knee: 9.75

Hem: 9

Thigh: 12.75

Front rise: 12.25

Back Rise: 17.25

4539331966_63266baef4.jpg

i dont really have a decent fit pic of the 1937 - maybe i need to change that.

Great info, thanks. Looks, without checking, that the 15 is slimmer than the 1901. I"ll try and get a set of raw measurements to post on the visual guide thread.

And why didn't you measure them raw, bad boy?

oh but i did.

i just didn't include them cause i was comparing with the washed 1937 measurements.

tada!

1915 501xx tagged 32x36

**pre soak:

tagged 32x36

waist: 35

inseam: 36.75

knee: 10

hem: 9

thigh: 12.25

front rise: 13

back rise: 17

**post soak

waist: 34

inseam: 34

knee: 9.5

hem: 8.75

thigh: 12

front rise: 12.5

back rise: 16

hey guys'n'gals

friend of mine is working in prague's finest fashion store and they got pretty huge delivery of second hand vintage levi's (mostly 501). he asked me about a pair that was sold as one of the first pairs: it had black face printed over the regular leather patch. he said it did not look like a custom but it was sold before he took any pictures of it. so i am asking you - more experienced - for more info.

there is also a 501 pair that has the red tab without any letters, any ideas on that one?

(sorry for noobism and lack of pics)

hey guys'n'gals

he asked me about a pair that was sold as one of the first pairs: it had black face printed over the regular leather patch. he said it did not look like a custom but it was sold before he took any pictures of it. so i am asking you - more experienced - for more info.

there is also a 501 pair that has the red tab without any letters, any ideas on that one?

First one I'm not sure about - the second, the red tab without Levi's printed on, is just a variant of the standard jeans that they have produced from the 70s for trademark reasons. They're not rare or valuable I'm afriad, unless they're selvage, in which case circa €120 if they're in good wearable condition.

hey guys'n'gals

friend of mine is working in prague's finest fashion store and they got pretty huge delivery of second hand vintage levi's (mostly 501). he asked me about a pair that was sold as one of the first pairs: it had black face printed over the regular leather patch. he said it did not look like a custom but it was sold before he took any pictures of it. so i am asking you - more experienced - for more info.

Danii

The black face print on the leather patch may have been the word IRREGULAR which was often stamped on the patch from the 1960's onwards, to indicate that these were thought of as factory 'seconds'.

Here are the pics. Alongside a pair of kids' dungarees I saw in the Levi's archinves, these are some of the cutest Levi's I've ever seen. Late 40s or early 50s 503ZXX.

They're interesting also in that they show that most of the stitching should be orange, as on LVC, but check out the lovely lemon-yellow hems - would love to see that on LVC reissues. Bear that in mind next time you get The CLerk to shorten yer 1947s...

366158336_o.jpg

366159156_o.jpg

Selling this size 40 LVC Japan Type 2 jacket, 100 Shipped. Sorry for all the pics, but I figure that even those not interested in purchasing might still be curious. I think it's from the 90s.

Soaked once, then soaked again after two months. I didn't wear it much, only on short bike rides to work. I haven't worn it since the second soak.

IMG_3404-1.jpg?t=1272057133

IMG_3383.jpg?t=1272057154

IMG_3384.jpg?t=1272057187

IMG_3386.jpg?t=1272057218

IMG_3387.jpg?t=1272057237

IMG_3388.jpg?t=1272057260

IMG_3389.jpg?t=1272057278

IMG_3391.jpg?t=1272057298

IMG_3393.jpg?t=1272057316