Levi's Vintage Clothing

Right I'm off to London LVC shopping next week. Shops to visit on my list so far are:

Cinch

American Classics

Can anyone share any other shops I should check out?

Cheers in Advance

If your up at spittafields market, there's a great shop called something like - Son of Stagg, which has Lvc, Lee real vintage and edwin + much more (they have a Union special IIRC)

I'm looking forward to that very much! I loved the Russell St shop and was aghast when it closed luckily for once something even better has risen from the ashes. Some LVC in there would be a nice touch.

Viva John!

For those interested , received pair of 55's today from Cultizm . See sizes below . Quick 15 mins hot soak (jeans turned inside out) drip dry in hanger then into airing cupboard for 4 hrs and bingo post soak sizes .

tag W33 L34

presoak - waist width - 17 " , knee - 9 3/4" , leg opening - 9"

post soak - waist width - 16 1/2 (now stretched to 17") knee - 9 1/4" , leg opening - 8 1/2"

Inseam was 33 1/2" , now 31"

Must say in my expereince 55's have always been a quick shrinker , whilst 47's take their time . However great bargain at £149 (never thought i'd say that !!!!)

Yeah, those arcs are amazing. Why not on the repros?

I know, so many great opportunities wasted by Lvc...and dont even get me started on the dreaded Lvc '37 arcs!

Anyway, but check out that lovely heavier sail-type stitch down the sides (last pic enlarged) - definately one of the things I loved about originals.

Caliroots has the shawl collar jacket in M too. Looks like things are selling well this year, despite the price hike.

5226882939_5504e60d69_b.jpg

The leather Jacket & shorthorn check shirt from this season & last.

Stop fingering that thing. It looks like a big cow vagina. Don't ask how I know.

Guest redchris
Just got these this weekend.

Absolutely beautiful, only thing, I had to rinse them to get rid of the leg flare caused by over 10 years of folded storage.

'kin 'ell these shrink, now well and truly a 34" as opposed to the 36 label size.

B9rtQCWkKGrHqRioEzNsiHq5cBM4mvQm1k0_3.jpg

B9rucEWkKGrHqJk0EyjCC8BM4mvUf8G0_3.jpg

B9rwZgWkKGrHqFiMEzOFiq8cPBM4mvc0Yn0_3.jpg

B9ryPwEWkKGrHqJjoEzK6eDzqBBM4mvkH6w0_3.jpg

So I'm open to offers.

Some pics post-soak

Measurements now ;

waist 17" across

thigh 12"

knee 10"

leg 8 3/4"

rise 12 1/2"

Inseam 34"

1055.jpg

Picture216.jpg

still open to offers.

^Looking very dapper Mr.T- what is the coat?

Thank you. It's TopMan - trendy store, for which my ex-neighbour fortuitously works - in a collaboration with Harris Tweed, wool hand-loomed in the Scottish Western Isles. THey retail at £200, which is ludicrous.

And the jeans are 55, maybe nine or 10 months wear.

tweed.jpg

Apologies for asking this question again, I promise I've looked thru hundreds of pages of this thread and couldn't find the exact answer..

I have a pair of Levi LVC 501 1947. I'm trying to figure out the date of production. The tag reads as follows:

There's this code at the top: 052177286947

Then the machine wash instructions.

Followed by:

(Right hand side) - WPL-423

The last two lines reads:

643 492606

701S. 475019124

All of this is on the opposite side of the tag that has the levi copyright, as well as the size and "Made In USA"

Does anybody have any idea as to which year these were produced?

My guess is 7/01 summer

Or january of 2007 maybe?

Paul T - the book is amazing. Copped it off amazon. Good stuff, man

Apologies for asking this question again, I promise I've looked thru hundreds of pages of this thread and couldn't find the exact answer..

I have a pair of Levi LVC 501 1947. I'm trying to figure out the date of production. The tag reads as follows:

There's this code at the top: 052177286947

Then the machine wash instructions.

Followed by:

(Right hand side) - WPL-423

The last two lines reads:

643 492606

701S. 475019124

All of this is on the opposite side of the tag that has the levi copyright, as well as the size and "Made In USA"

Does anybody have any idea as to which year these were produced?

My guess is 7/01 summer

Or january of 2007 maybe?

Paul T - the book is amazing. Copped it off amazon. Good stuff, man

643 492 606 sounds like 2006 to me. Post the tags to be sure. (and thanks re the book).

2007:

PICT0015.jpg

MArch 2000

PICT0013.jpg