Levi's Vintage Clothing

Cross-posted with waywt...

Finally soaked my LVC44's...Excited! Long enough for big-boy cuffs too! :)

Looking forward to a looser option for the hot summer days...

waywt4-14.jpg

waywt6-4.jpg

waywt8-1.jpg

waywt7-2.jpg

Excuse the patchy lighting, sun was darting in & out...

LVC 1919.

Did Levis make a non shrink 1919 version?

Some here on ebait.

Or what do you think these are?

those look just like the 1915s. judging by the arcs anyways. I dont know what hes talkin about with the non shrinking or 1919. I dont think LVC ever did a 1919 and sanforization wasn't invented until much later.

and RIff, those 1944s look fantastic.

those look just like the 1915s. judging by the arcs anyways. I dont know what hes talkin about with the non shrinking or 1919. I dont think LVC ever did a 1919 and sanforization wasn't invented until much later.

and RIff, those 1944s look fantastic.

You would know better than I, but I thought those were the 1917, with Japanese denim, which have the more assymetrical arcuates and blue-er fabric. Obviously the seller is an idiot... altho I would guess those have indeed been soaked. Not sure about his geography, either - a Sheffield in Essex???

Riff, that is a superb fit in those '44.

You would know better than I, but I thought those were the 1917, with Japanese denim, which have the more assymetrical arcuates and blue-er fabric. Obviously the seller is an idiot... altho I would guess those have indeed been soaked. Not sure about his geography, either - a Sheffield in Essex???

ahh. I just looked it up and the 1917s and 1915s have the exact same arcs. sooo...those ebay mysteries are either one...I'm gonna guess the 1917 cause they look older and I think you're right about the blue-er fabric.

I think that should be Shenfield.

Thanks again for all the nice comments & rep guys! :) I'm really stoked on these! Now if I can find the 5 year old pics of me wearing skin-tight Nudies... :D

Personal style evo I guess. There's a thread on that isn't there?

Those do look really awesome, riff. I'm a fan of the purple arcuates (and big cuffs). Do those have the green pocket lining too?

Thanks Roy! If you mean the pocket bags, they do: kind of an olive green twill - delicious!

The arcs are identical on both the 17 and the 15s anyway on mine they were. The denim on these looks more like the 17s to me. The 15s are not as dark and the denim is more streaky.

^^^^nice looking 47s!

Browsing the online LVC selections to kill some time at work, got me wondering how LVC decides which jeans to "feature" each year (but maybe this applied more so to the washed lvc than the raw lvc....). For example this year the 44s got a nice makeover in raw and 2 washed versions, the drab and the Rugged Run. The washed 54s rootless and now drab washed, and I have seen the stonebleached 83s on quite a few sites as well. Same for the raw jeans, looks like certain years aren't featured, then are, and so on.

Do they do this based on sales trends of what sold well, pick names out of a hat, highlight more/less popular fits. just a random question ....

Paul, i'm bummed that those 201's you're selling are hemmed. I would have been on those!

Fit pics of the 1890s, with LVC and Gap chambrays.

I reckon these might be the most unflattering fit I own. The ass always looks baggy, they seem too long even tho these are undersize for me (32/32 where I normally wear 34/34), and I don't think they're as nice a shape as the 1901, which seem less tapered, and on which the bum seems less saggy. but I still like them. I'm after some Swedish army suspenders which I think will go well with these. I think the originals were 9oz denim, these might be 10oz as I remember. I am pertty sure these are not as nice a cut as, say, entertainments' duck and nevada pants, but I still like wearing these - my only 4 pocket jeans. I'll be wearing these in over the next 4 months...

Oh yeah, they have very shallow front pockets, too, which feels weird - but good, heavy pocket lining. THese are the Kurabo fabric, very dark, and I think they will wear in well, like the 1901, altho the fabric is not as streaky and attractive as the 1915. I checked out the new 1915 in Son Of A Stag this morning, and was disappointed to see the back pockets are still that weird shape. Lovely jeans, I'd still wear a pair, but seems a stupid detail to fuck with to me...

1890sandchambray.jpgPTsarse.jpg

Nice fit those are Paul,

and they're the 2005 edition if I'm not mistaken ('denim box' pics)?

They are in the same league (..ish) as the ducks and knappave/nevada IMO, although the painted buttons let it down.

Still cant rep you yet as must spread it about.

Shame about selling the 201's. Hope you get a decent price...

2005 sounds abut right. They're the asos sale ones.

THey are the ones in the Visual Guide thread; lovely stitching details, back pocket, rivets etc, altho as you mentioned they (bizarrely) roughly painted the rivets in grey. Perhaps I didn't shrink them long enough, they're tagged 32/32 but after a soak measure 34/32. UNless you hitch them up, of course, the legs feel much longer - without suspenders, you'd have to tighten the waistband just above your navel.

But they're different. I raised the issue of suspenders with mrs t... got a haughty look and a comment about 80s ad directors. I'm still working on it...

PS: I'll miss the 201s, but my other pair have at least a year's waer in them, and I do have a lovely pair of Lee 1930s 101J that fill a similar slot...