supertalk6
midnight

Pure Blue Japan

Because Pure Blue Japan have imposed international pricing. Okayama Denim is aimed at the international market, thus for them to keep the PBJ account, they had to price it at the international price.

If you physically go to a Japanese store and buy PBJ, you will pay the japanese price.

I wish PBJ jeans weren’t all so damn tapered. The new black/black XX-019 looks great but they would look terrible on me.  I need that denim in the XX-005/009 cut! 

On 2/26/2018 at 12:50 PM, i_denim said:

Has anybody tried the PBE-019, are there are fade pics? Pure Blue Japan - Relaxed Tapered (Beige Tinted Warp)

This is the only pair in a High Rise/Tapered fit in stock with Okayama store at the moment & I want to use the store credit. Tired of waiting for the Japan Blue stock to come in.

I am not sure how the Beige tint looks in real life, hence the question.

image.png.c9c053de0753537ddc7b11ed60e6846d.png

The left side is the regular 14oz that comes in xx003, xx05, xx013 cutting. The core of the warp yarn is white so it will fade into a clean blue color. The right side is the pbe-019 and the core of the warp yarn is beige color, so it will fade into a "dirty" blue color. 

hey guys, it's been a while since the raw demin game. I'm interested in starting again. What are some popular brands? I like lightweight and slim tapered. Well it doesnt matter since I',m going to taper them.

BIG went through a change?

On 28/02/2018 at 2:16 AM, Evry1lovej said:

hey guys, it's been a while since the raw demin game. I'm interested in starting again. What are some popular brands? I like lightweight and slim tapered. Well it doesnt matter since I',m going to taper them.

BIG went through a change?

Follow this blog. It shall have the answers you are after.

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com

Edited by BlackPig

2 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

The pbe-019 denim looks great in that shot above. Wish it was made in different fits though. 

It’s a great fit, very hard to find a rise close to 13 inches and yet not look like “dad jeans”. Do look into it.

Is anybody here picking up the PBJ 20th anniversary jeans from Okayama? I am unable to appreciate the double indigo yet so passed it for regular indigo.

15 minutes ago, i_denim said:

It’s a great fit, very hard to find a rise close to 13 inches and yet not look like “dad jeans”. Do look into it.

I have no ass and small legs. "Relaxed" and high rise jeans are not my friend. 

I basically need a lower rise and slimmer thigh even on my straight fits to look ok on me. I've grown tired of the carrot type jeans as well. Granted I've never even looked at the measurements for these simply going off the name. 

On 01/03/2018 at 12:17 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

The pbe-019 denim looks great in that shot above. Wish it was made in different fits though. 

It is only available in the relaxed tapered fit right now. No plans to use in any other fit at the moment.

The X019 in the signature 14oz, is that one wash or raw? Or available in both?

55 minutes ago, Geeman said:

The X019 in the signature 14oz, is that one wash or raw? Or available in both?

Okayama has both one wash and raw but most sizes are out of stock till later this week as they are busy launching PBJ 20th anniversary collection. The X019 is readily available in the 20th anniversary double indigo at $275.

Rivetandhide has the raw version.

Edited by i_denim

38 minutes ago, itsbenhere said:

Wow, the left pair looks amazing.

My thoughts as well. Seems like a denim that could take a lot of washes and age nicely. 

16 minutes ago, Evry1lovej said:

Where can I get the PBJ 013 or similar cut? I like the white yarn on the left couple post up. What do people think about oni

pbj 013 are on sale at rivetandhide.com, but only for couple more hours!

Just scored some pbjs with the blue tab on the back pocket for $40 on ebay... let's hope they fit.

18 hours ago, Evry1lovej said:

Where can I get the PBJ 013 or similar cut? I like the white yarn on the left couple post up. What do people think about oni

My thoughts on Oni is they have longer slubs texture up to 1-2cm whereas pbj slubs texture are shorter (2-3mm) and shape like a mini rice. And Oni fade a lot faster than pbj which is something I don’t really like. Denim that fade too fast just don’t get the brighter brilliance vibrance blue that I like. Fast fading denim will only get electric blue fading but only for a short while... 

from the pic above you can see my N&F okayama spirit 1, it’s the same denim Oni used last time. It faded a lot more than my pbj despite me wearing them less frequent... and imo the faded blue color is just not as nice as my PBJ. Anyway is just a matter of personal taste and preference, there are many on people on Instagram commented they preferred the faded color of my N&F more than my PBJ. 

I get where you are coming from on the Oni fades. 

I like my XX pair, the 16oz feels much more substantial and better constructed than the 14oz pairs. The fit is spot on for me ( excl the rise a touch low) and really comfy, but I'm not really sold on how they are fading. They get really light pretty quickly.

9 hours ago, keybladehero said:

My thoughts on Oni is they have longer slubs texture up to 1-2cm whereas pbj slubs texture are shorter (2-3mm) and shape like a mini rice. And Oni fade a lot faster than pbj which is something I don’t really like. Denim that fade too fast just don’t get the brighter brilliance vibrance blue that I like. Fast fading denim will only get electric blue fading but only for a short while... 

from the pic above you can see my N&F okayama spirit 1, it’s the same denim Oni used last time. It faded a lot more than my pbj despite me wearing them less frequent... and imo the faded blue color is just not as nice as my PBJ. Anyway is just a matter of personal taste and preference, there are many on people on Instagram commented they preferred the faded color of my N&F more than my PBJ. 

Thanks! I'm debating between the two since I believe the the most popular ones right now. Any idea where I can get it in the US? PBJ or Oni? The was a post earlier on the difference between the yarn. I like the blue and white much better. The NF has a bit of a dirty yellow color to it from what I'm seeing

Edited by Evry1lovej

8 minutes ago, Evry1lovej said:

Thanks! I'm debating between the two since I believe the the most popular ones right now. Any idea where I can get it in the US? PBJ or Oni? The was a post earlier on the difference between the yarn. I like the blue and white much better. The NF has a bit of a dirty yellow color to it from what I'm seeing

The NF is actually clean white rather than yellow. But that area lost most of its indigo so it appear to be dirty yellow from far under most lightings. Up close it’s actually clean white. You can get PBJ online from SelfEdge, Blue Owl Workshop, Rivet & Hide (UK) and Okayama Denim (Japan). As to your question PBJ or Oni? In PBJ forum people definitely recommend PBJ lol... likewise in Oni forum. 

Haha true, but I'm sure PBJ are not the only jeans everyone is carrying, so it's nice to get a opinion. What are the popular models now? I know Samurai got in trouble...

8 minutes ago, keybladehero said:

The NF is actually clean white rather than yellow. But that area lost most of its indigo so it appear to be dirty yellow from far under most lightings. Up close it’s actually clean white. You can get PBJ online from SelfEdge, Blue Owl Workshop, Rivet & Hide (UK) and Okayama Denim (Japan). As to your question PBJ or Oni? In PBJ forum people definitely recommend PBJ lol... likewise in Oni forum. 

Haha true, but I'm sure PBJ are not the only jeans everyone is carrying, so it's nice to get a opinion. What are the popular models now? I know Samurai got in trouble...

You should probably ask in the same questions thread. People who are interested in other brands and could recommend choices other than PBJ might not be checking PBJ thread.

12 hours ago, Evry1lovej said:

Whatcha mean? Trouble? Red tab shenanigans?

On 06.03.2018 at 4:06 AM, Evry1lovej said:

•  

I would say choosing PBJ/ONI you should consider also fit: I had 2 PBJ that I sold because of the fit and I did not buy any ONI because they almost never do anything in the fit I would like (although I have ONI jacket). Strike Gold have straight fit..

Some friends are at the The "CC" Clutch Collection Show and they had a runway.
Here are a couple shots from PBJ
Shot by Pathieu 

IMG_0721.PNG

IMG_0722.PNG

10 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Hold on, pairing white socks with high heels for WAYWT 2018

I've been rocking that look since last year <_<