Sorry to derail the topic of an urban techwear blog (although it sounds like a great idea), but im looking to see what you guys use as waterproof boots/shoes in the winter. I have a pair of salomon gore tex running shoes from a few years back, but theyre nearing the end of their lifespan so Im looking for a replacement. Preferably shoes since these will mostly be for a city winter, and something like hiking boots gets annoying when im indoors. Anything worth mentioning, or are options fairly limited?

I have been wearing a pair of Cole Haan Lunargrand lace boots for a month or two now. Picked them up originally on Black Friday but it took ages to get them exchanged for the right size with their shitty customer service. I haven't done anything too crazy in them yet, but they've stood up to all the rain I've put them through so far. If you aren't into the boots (even though they aren't for hiking) I think there are some more in the Lunargrand line that are waterproof.

Sorry to derail the topic of an urban techwear blog (although it sounds like a great idea), but im looking to see what you guys use as waterproof boots/shoes in the winter. I have a pair of salomon gore tex running shoes from a few years back, but theyre nearing the end of their lifespan so Im looking for a replacement. Preferably shoes since these will mostly be for a city winter, and something like hiking boots gets annoying when im indoors. Anything worth mentioning, or are options fairly limited?

There are dozens of brands making GTX shoes - almost every company has a gtx line so its mostly about which ones fit your style.

Im using these two:

shoes_iaec1325855.jpg

dt_006_1_2303_711005.jpg

With the Meindl doubling as light hiking shoes. Both brands are quite good but Meindl is superb madeingermany quality. But if you are more into Salomon-like sporty shoes then the posibilities are infinite: Hanwag, Bestard, Inov8, NB and a million more - including the sport giants. Then you got the luxury brands which also use membranes in some models so theres plenty of choice.

Haters gonna hate but they're waterproof, really warm and mad comfortable.

277332_366_45.jpg

Does anybody of you guys have heavy worn Gore-Tex fabric items? I wonder if my NSW M65 (Gore-Text performance shell) is going to show some wear with time and especially is going to be a little softer. I have been wearing it for three months this year and it still looks and feels new. Which is good actually, but I would really appreciate it to feel and fit less "plastic".

Well ,the tactile feel of the GTX fabric depends mostly on type of the technology used (Performance, Active, PacLite, etc.) and more importantly on the face fabric used. That plastic creaking sound is caused by the membrane, this will not change. I think that Performance shell is not that bad, I find it quite soft (on my Tilak jacket) compared to other GTX types, but then again, it might be different feel of the face fabric. 

I saw them, too bulky and they're winter gloves. But yeah, as winter ones they're great.

Cycling in city + wearing them casually. I have Winter Gloves from Rapha and Giro Monaco that i use for road cycling, but i want something similar to MTB/Tactical ones. Remember ones that Errolson Hugh wore in SS-12 video? I'm searching something similar.

33_grande.jpeg

sent a tweet to hugh asking about these gloves never got a reply maybe some else could have a go?

speaking of branding, I like a lot some LEAF items for arc'teryx but just wondering if it is possible/easy to remove the sleeve velcro patches, anybody tried/heard something about it?

They're both sewn and glued on. I would not recommend removing them on gtx or other membraned pieces, but if you can live with some stitch holes showing you could pull them off a softshell. Their customer service can advise about removing the glue residue or so i've heard.

speaking of branding, I like a lot some LEAF items for arc'teryx but just wondering if it is possible/easy to remove the sleeve velcro patches, anybody tried/heard something about it?

I have made patches and had them made for me.. Your local printer shop and embroidery shop should be able to sort you out..

Yeah...I'm glad to say I had no part in making those suits. That was our innovation department working with Lockheed Martin. I don't make hooded unitards haha.

I worked on the Canadian Snowboard teams uniforms, the stuff that has the red to white maple leaf gradient and their race day gear for snowboard cross and alpine cross. I worked on all of the hard shells, soft shells and insulated pieces for them.

Also, as for the first drop of SISP, that crewneck sweatshirt in the felpa twill is just so generic looking. My NSW TP fleece crew looks better and has more to it.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

I like these simple SI:SP items too. I definitely want this sweatshirt (are there any in blue?) and the new nyco poplin, I have one from the last season and it's superb (thanks Tek-7-0 for proxy).

Thanks, scamster! It seems there are at least three Stone Island stores (EU, US, UK) with different stock and shipping options. 

Colour variations of SI:SP products are not even recorded in official catlogues or websites.

would unfortunately have to agree usually behind on release of each sisp collection and usually the selection is not very broad. saying that they're super helpful; was kicking myself that I missed out on this 46251589sx_13_f.jpg

modular neck protector_mussola prisimatica and although I contacted stone island via the yoox powered website they forwarded my request on to fourmarketing who contacted the store manager who contacted me then he sourced one from stone island in italy via fourmarketing as it was never released in the uk.

yes long, very long it took three months and had to pay full retail at 100 quid but worth it, glad I got it big thanks to their help!

I loved that neck brace/scarf - inspired by F1 cars wasn't it ? the folks at the shop are always as frustrated as me I think as they always seem to get held back by the marketing dept or whoever is behind taking photos of the clothing.

Still really glad you got hold of that scarf, kudos to the SI team coming through for you on that score.

now where is my blasted modular down vest dammit !!!!!