Menswear label Native Danger is one focused on clean design sensibilities inspired by otherworldly visions and the Fall/Winter 2014 lookbook reflects this. Following a mecha motif, Native Danger uses a range of highly technical and function-specific fabrics in order to create the innovative design features. The garments include zip-up track tops, slimline jogger pants and button-up shirts, all of which follow the brand’s distinctive future-thinking style. Native Danger have also produced a lookbook video, which shows the garments in action.

Edited by Dolphinski

I found this interesting article on russian website and i decided to translate it. I apologise for all errors, because neither russian nor english isn't my native language.

Thanks for the article. The text raises some valid points. Its true that we are using “obsolete†tech (70 gore, 80´s China Silk (Toray, Pertex,etc), 90´s hybrids (Schoeller, etc) but i think some context is much needed here.

The massice advance of technoscience in the last century has led us to believe technology is capable of anything - as a matter of fact, is this scintillating light, this sick, fascinating groove that some of us try to capture in our "style". Truly, some of its feats - like remote controlling a rover in Mars - are mind boggling... but sometimes, “down to earthâ€, there are big, hard walls that resist our advances. Think, for instance, about photosynthesis, it´s by far the most researched natural process in the world, and yet we dont know how it operates; no matter how hard we try, how much money we spent, its inner works always seem to slip away from our hands.

Sure enough, Gore-tex might have abused its monopolistic position in the market but lawyers and patens are not the main reason we are still using membranes from the seventies. Fact is, making a breathable waterproff clothing is not an easy task, at all! – and it some ways is akind to squaring a circle, a mirage, an unattainable ideal.

The physical/chemical limits of inanimate membranes are well known to any outdoor user; and its no chance that they stay at the bottom of the backpack 99% of the time - seeing daylight only at very specific, brief moments. (Curiously enough they are much better suited for urban needs, though a non "tin-foil feeling" fabric like Neoshell would be much welcome.)

Its only now, with the advance of biotechnics & nanotechnology that we are closing into the mythical land of the breathable jacket. The time of “Life Fibersâ€(hail, KLK!) is coming... :)

I... wait, what?

Chlorophyll traps light, then

2H2O -> 4H^+ + O2 + 4e^-

Followed by

NADP^+ + 2e^- + 2H^+ -> NADPH + H^+

And that's photosynthesis.

There's a lot of awesome mysteries in the universe but let's not make mysteries out of things we understand really well.

Edited by Igneousity

I... wait, what?

Chlorophyll traps light, then

2H2O -> 4H^+ + O2 + 4e^-

Followed by

NADP^+ + 2e^- + 2H^+ -> NADPH + H^+

And that's photosynthesis.

There's a lot of awesome mysteries in the universe but let's not make mysteries out of things we understand really well.

Heh. Well, the whole thing is a bit more complicated than that, only a xix century-like mind would believe describing a phenomenon at a basic chemical level is equal to understanding.

Ask yoursel this: If we understand it "really well", how come we haven't been able to replicate the process in a lab?

Of course we know a big deal, as i said, this is the most studied process on earth, but some key steps still elude us - we are getting there though.

02DERIV reminds me a lot of the rip van winkle discussion from earlier. They don't seem to have a consistent aesthetic to me. At the least I think it's fair to say they're a more recent adopter of the "tech" style. I've seen a fair amount of their stuff second hand and it doesn't look bad at all, but it's nothing that really stands out to me. I'm not sure at all what their retail is like (I don't even know where they sell in Japan), but it's not too expensive used. It just begs the question of why them when there's a whole lot of other stuff available at arguably higher quality and similar price points.

I guess this is the eternal question.. Someone's buying it I guess.

Heh. Well, the whole thing is a bit more complicated than that, only a xix century-like mind would believe describing a phenomenon at a basic chemical level is equal to understanding.

Ask yoursel this: If we understand it "really well", how come we haven't been able to replicate the process in a lab?

Maybe you can take that time you're investing in being condescending and use it to plug the words "artificial photosynthesis" into Google Scholar. Because right now you're seriously jumping into some Insane Clown Posse "fucking magnets" territory. Edited by Igneousity

Maybe you can take that time you're investing in being condescending and use it to plug the words "artificial photosynthesis" into Google Scholar. Because right now you're seriously jumping into some Insane Clown Posse "fucking magnets" territory.

You are wrong, man. Read those articles in deep and you´ll see that in the so called "artificial photosynthesis" they are bypassing those unknown steps i was talking about in my post with "artificial methods" - making it inefficient both in terms of cost and output results. In other words nothing to do with the real process

It seems that those key mechanisms happen on a quantum level thus making it very hard for scientists to map and understand them correctly.

Anyway, this is my last post on the matter, nay, my last post at all. I dont want to drag the thread with a side discussion on biotechnics - as interesting as it is. I just was using it as case-in-point on the limits of technology. If i come across as condescendent I express my sincere apologies.

I have literally no idea what I'm talking about but refuse to concede that I may not actually know anything because it's really important for anonymous people on a fashion forum to believe I know shit about fuck.

You are wrong, man. Read those articles in deep and you´ll see that in the so called "artificial photosynthesis" they are bypassing those unknown steps i was talking about in my post with "artificial methods" - making it inefficient both in terms of cost and output results. In other words nothing to do with the real process

It seems that those key mechanisms happen on a quantum level thus making it very hard for scientists to map and understand them correctly.

Anyway, this is my last post on the matter, nay, my last post at all. I dont want to drag the thread with a side discussion on biotechnics - as interesting as it is. I just was using it as case-in-point on the limits of technology. If i come across as condescendent I express my sincere apologies.

No, it's because biology had hundred of millions of years to get electron transfer working and we've only understood what's going on at a much more reductive level for a century and a bit. 

I found softs a while ago when looking for an acronym bag then got a lot of traffic from linking this softs.to/2011/09/acronym-body-scarf-cape/

Still haven't been to their store, though. Not too far, I should go soon.

Some non-blog photos @ https://twitter.com/_softs/media & http://www.flickr.com/photos/softs4f/

Edited by pompadork

Picked up the Arc'teryx Veilance graph sweater recently. I needed a more substantial base layer and I've been really happy with it so far. I think most people would find the fit odd but for me it's great. Long body and sleeve length, and pretty slim throughout the body. I figure the extra sleeve length was a conscious design decision to make it easier to grab the cuff and keep the sleeves in place when putting on a jacket. The nylon panelling is cool but it's purpose is definitely more aesthetic than it is practical. Pairs well with my NTS-NG1. :-)

15wavrr.jpg

Sorry, but what the fuck–that link is like a pandoras box of holy jawnz. 

Dude is mixing CCP and used us military overalls. he's the incarnation of metal gear solid characters come to life as interpreted by william gibson's shameful fantasies.

^i need to clarify that some research has shown me the CCP on that site is some japanese cycling brand i've never heard of before 
(am i just late to the party?)
here's a pair of pants i really like from them
PID581.jpg
moar info here

softs iteration of same pants really cool (think it's the back leg snaps that're most notable addition?)
tumblr_n1uqlhACX41qa47z6o1_500.jpg
tumblr_n1uqlhACX41qa47z6o2_500.jpg

edit: 
take it back, ccp site has same back leg snap adjusters
PID581_05.jpg

Edited by PRICK DOM

Dude is mixing CCP and used us military overalls. he's the incarnation of metal gear solid characters come to life as interpreted by william gibson's shameful fantasies.

Was thinking how he'd fit perfectly into a Ghost In The Shell scenario.