Would everyone on here be interested in reading a blog like that? Maybe also adding in a section for home made tech wear projects etc.

Bring it on! And you better hire Misanthropod, that guy is a great writer, absolutely hilarious!

Some interviews with techwear designers and people from the business would be great too.

I dont know exactly the reasons for this ( may be the high rate of evaporation favours the decantation of sweat´s waste material onto the fabric ) but I have yet to come across a non-smelly syntethic fabric

synthetic polymers have crevices where bacterial byproduct builds up causing smell. That same hydrophobicity has that nasty little side problem. merino wool doesn't have that problem for me, it just gets really linty. 

Good to see there is some solid interest in the site. I'm going to go forward with it then and get started. I had a few initial ideas for the domain, but I'm not the greatest at coming up with catchy titles so here they are. Throw out any suggestions or criticism.

Copped full retail

Too many jawnz

4 way stretch

And as a reaction to the 4chan thread about us sufu'ers I got a pretty good laugh at possibly calling it hash tag tech fag.me (www.httf.me)

I'm open to suggestions as I want to nail down a good domain before I go ahead and purchase it.

Also seeing all of the offers for collaborators is great I will definitely start contacting you all once the domain is purchased and the initial site design starts. I want this site to be an extension of sufu where we can be much more in depth with reviews and critiques. Connect with the innovators and designers behind our beloved brands. And review new pieces that we are all interested in.

I'm open to suggestions as I want to nail down a good domain before I go ahead and purchase it.

Mind if I throw in some feedback here? I'm fine throwing money at it and I actually used to work with this kind of marketing (for clothing, specifically) and am somewhat decent at it. The names you tossed around are interesting with backstory but lack any serious memorability or ease of conveyance, (such as, say, "superfuture"). We're better off coming up with something short, spelled correctly, and not taken at a .com level, though given the weirdness of the tech scene we could get away with a full-word URL that includes the tld (such as wor.ds).

I've also been preparing a tech blog-thing.  Right now it's basically a draft for the wardrobe page:  http://frozenlabs.com/my-techwear-wardrobe

Used an old name and domain I wasn't using.  I should take better pics and still have tons of stuff to do. Wasn't planning on making it public yet, I made it to expand a bit on the thread in reddit's mfa: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/1w4api/my_techwear_wardrobe_mostly_outlier_and/

Edited by deadsunrise

if u wanna be a bit more all-inclusive (not just product reviews) you can probably hit up this guy and work together as he's got a pretty good "foundation" behind techwear fleshed out here (was posted ~may in this thread last yr):

http://dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-part-1-the-bas

I definitely want to be a part of this.  I know lot of people in this thread hated the guide, but I think it serves as a good touchstone and saves people a lot of time.  I haven't "marketed" it since May and it consistently gets thousands of unique views a month.   Not sure what function I'd serve, but I'd be glad to help.

Reviews are always incredibly well-received here, so it's a great idea.  Gizmodo and Lifehacker also have a really good post format where they do an initial post requesting people's feedback on a topic, then aggregate the best comments in a follow-up.  This seems really well-suited to topics like fabrics and construction, and can be re-done each season.  Either bump the previous post or link them together with tags.

And FYI for everyone who hated the guide, I get it.  It made the whole thing seem academic and lame.  It was unavoidable for a comprehensive format.  I'm doing some heavy editing on the guide - taking out a lot of the shitty jokes, updating links, etc.  If anyone has any suggestions again, I'm open to them, public or PM.

Mind if I throw in some feedback here? I'm fine throwing money at it and I actually used to work with this kind of marketing (for clothing, specifically) and am somewhat decent at it. The names you tossed around are interesting with backstory but lack any serious memorability or ease of conveyance, (such as, say, "superfuture"). We're better off coming up with something short, spelled correctly, and not taken at a .com level, though given the weirdness of the tech scene we could get away with a full-word URL that includes the tld (such as wor.ds).

How about techspec.com?

I had a few initial ideas for the domain ... Throw out any suggestions or criticism.

Throwing out a couple abstract / evocative ideas for the URL, meant to reference the leading-edge nature of techwear:

• horizoncondition.com
  • boundarybreach.com

liking the idea of the urban tech wear blog and if I can help out in a any small way be glad to contribute.

what about asiaq.com as a domain. asiaq is the weather goddess in inuit mythology, since we covet clothing that protects us from the heavens thought it rather apt or do you think it maybe a little too contrived?

Edited by scamster

How about techspec.com?

I think that name might be taken. Not sure, but I think I heard it somewhere before...

It's the name of a really good tumblr - http://techspec.tumblr.com/.  Looks like www.techspec.com is cybersquatted.  I think it's the best name so far so if we could find out if it's a cheap one to buy it seems worth it to get some funds together.  I'd guess around $50 for it.

I think I laughed for a good 10 minutes at crotchgusset.com.

I'm also liking the idea for a more abstract name that ties to the nature and creation of urban tech wear. I also like Scamster's idea of the inuit rain god. I've thrown out some more domain ideas below, what do you all think?

Kuraokami.com - Japanese rain dragon

Articulatedmovement.com

Composite-shapes.com

Composite-algorithm.com

Techspec.tumblr.com is an amazing blog, I'd prefer not to encroach on his thing. But maybe we could get him involved. I think he's associated with the guys who run http://shinobigang.com/ and http://otakugangsta.com/ which are both phenomenal inspiration blogs if you haven't read them. I believe they all also have ffffound accounts.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

Not at all. I think the blog will be a good base if we ever decided to build a brand or store around it. Kinda similar to what Hypebeast had done.

The blog was an idea for something that can be created without much time invested. Creating an actual product will be a longer drawn out process. Also, the blog could open doors to some companies to allow for a sufu/self edge style collaboration.

An element I wanted to add to the blog was a board where people could post DIY ideas and resources for those of us wanting to create our own tech wear.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

Avoid random Japanese unless you're Japanese and don't put hyphens in URLs. Ever.

Biggest problem I'm seeing here is that the names are too long. Something like "TechSpec" works because you can convey it fast and it's memorable.

Crotchgusset.com is great in its own way.

Does anybody of you guys have heavy worn Gore-Tex fabric items? I wonder if my NSW M65 (Gore-Text performance shell) is going to show some wear with time and especially is going to be a little softer. I have been wearing it for three months this year and it still looks and feels new. Which is good actually, but I would really appreciate it to feel and fit less "plastic".

I am really into the blog idea. I don't really own enough to contribute in a meaningful way, but I would definitely read it and try to help out any way I could, even if it's only kicking in a few bucks for hosting or something.

I like CrotchGusset and TapedSeams as names. Also along those lines, something like DartedKnees or another obscure tech feature.

Sorry to derail the topic of an urban techwear blog (although it sounds like a great idea), but im looking to see what you guys use as waterproof boots/shoes in the winter. I have a pair of salomon gore tex running shoes from a few years back, but theyre nearing the end of their lifespan so Im looking for a replacement. Preferably shoes since these will mostly be for a city winter, and something like hiking boots gets annoying when im indoors. Anything worth mentioning, or are options fairly limited?