Loro Piana licenses out their Storm System and, as like Gore-tex, it's occasionally used for interesting items at reasonable prices (well reasonable compared to the in-house LP stuff):

acr j38-lp

Maharishi cashmere LPSS M65 (last one left £350 £248) and Mac

0Plk6ix.png

The Shop BIOS Peacoat (japanese) $400

kNX91iE.png

United Arrow Green Label Coats A, B, C $400

7FLYRj9.png

Canada Goose Parka and Bomber

on3TzLE.png

Woolrich Parka

VrDkCNdl.png

There's a longer list of brands which use Loro Piana Storm System. The majority either use the wool LPSS to make conservative car coats and overcoats (e.g. Brooks Brothers) or use the cotton/polyester LPSS to make golf and sailing jackets (e.g. Paul & Shark). A few also make wool/cashmere ski jackets (e.g. Kjus) but those are even more expensive than the acr j38-lp...

Canada Goose has been using Loro Piana in their Branta collection for several years now and the black and navy renditions look awful. (Hair, dust, loose strands of cloth/material etc. latch on and make the close to $2000 jacket look ratty and worn well beyond its actual use.) 

Canada Goose has been using Loro Piana in their Branta collection for several years now and the black and navy renditions look awful. (Hair, dust, loose strands of cloth/material etc. latch on and make the close to $2000 jacket look ratty and worn well beyond its actual use.)

I concur; the garments on the rack at harry rosen are in pretty poor shape.

The doeskin lpss that acr uses has fared much better in my experience so far.

I agree with you @Inkinsurgent, Ive owned a couple of Isaora pieces in the past and I dont really see them existing on the same level the other brands on here.

The fit just isn't there, nor is the quality of the fabrics. The 3L shell I owned had very cheap trim items (sticky zippers, cheap cordlocks and cord ends), and the seam sealed suit pants were the most impractical things I've ever bought. They didn't even have belt loops, just an elasticated snap adjuster at the waist.

I much prefer their iO line. It's a bit reminiscent of Mission workshop base layers, and I'm always fond of an insulated collared shirt. The new baseline 2L introductory shell isn't bad either.

I think they need to decide if they want to be an urban tech wear brand, or a snow sports brand. The weird in-between that they're at right now just isn't working, which is probably why they are marking down such a full range of stock.

Rapha winter sale started today

Rarely happens, but Outlier is clearing out some stuff that isn't selling too well.

https://twitter.com/Outlier (click through the links)

Links:
Blazed Dress Pivot (gone)
60/30 Chino (restocked soon)
Supermarine Shell
Ultralight Shorts
Three Way Trunks
Cali Short Sleeve Pivot Shirt

Ultralight Blazer

Edited by SuE

Are Lexdray products made offshore? I am assuming they must be considering the amount of effort I have put into discovering their manufacturing origins with no results. This saddens me as the Sao Paulo sling is a great bag and I am still finding new pockets on the damn thing.

Creating a thread to discuss ethics in the clothing industry 

Edited by Northwest

because i'm a tech hobo  B)

@Sarang Hae,
I'm surprised they let you take photos when you visited. They were very guarded when my team visited.

I tried out the rain room when we were there and it was pretty cool. Head to toe gore gear and walked out bone dry.

we just found some limited yardage of a Schoeller stretch ripstop in this color

uqhf.png

What do you guys think? I'm really feeling it, waiting for a fabric sample to arrive but I'm seeing this in that Engage pant and really into it. Was really surprised to see a ripstop with stretch in Schoeller.