Does anybody know or have recommendations for wallets that look nice but have RFID protection? Someone in the EDC thread posted this one: http://www.amazon.com/Stewart-Stand-Smooth-Stainless-Silver/dp/B002Z5RDG2/?tag=everydc-20

which isn't bad, but I'd like to see some more.

Specifically, it would be great if it had a protective area for most cards on the inside with a pocket that can still expose a card on the outside. Chicago's CTA transit pass just underwent a change and we got new cards from a new system. I've had the new system charge both my debit and credit cards last month and have now had to resort to taking my transit pass out of my wallet to scan. I'd like to be able to keep it in my wallet and tap it to pass through, but have some protection so that the sensor doesn't scan the Chase or MasterCard blink chips in my regular cards.

thanks for any help

I'm super late to the party here but I'm in love with these, anyone know where I could still grab a pair in a 29 waist? Or failing that some other good slim black denim that doesn't look awful? I've got a small pile of 511 Commuters I'd love to branch out from.

The Siki Im articulated raw denim went on sale at SuspensionPoint so I picked up the last pair of 30s, figure they fit into this aesthetic pretty well. Double darted knee and hidden button, leather patch on right back pocket and a good taper. Other images wont load for me but here's the link; http://suspensionpoint.ca/siki-im-slim-denim-black-raw

d2bfe46cda0f4ccdb9be249b7af2b0ca_orig.jp

Darts

57ca1afbf2b849ceb25132208d13b21e_orig.jp

Edited by Igneousity

4dimension just opened up their big cartel. I'm surprised how cheap the products are going for. The bomber I was hoping to pick up isn't listed on the page though.

http://4dimension.bigcartel.com/

Was in taipei so I handled all their products over @ Immense.   Bought a pair of their warm-up shorts, they're pretty cool.  I always cuff shorts above the knee so the inner face fabric having a cool topo print was pretty nice.

Bomber is cut super strange.  Tried on an L and it fit in the body but the shoulders were like 2 inches too wide on each side.  Football player status.

Was in taipei so I handled all their products over @ Immense.   Bought a pair of their warm-up shorts, they're pretty cool.  I always cuff shorts above the knee so the inner face fabric having a cool topo print was pretty nice.

Bomber is cut super strange.  Tried on an L and it fit in the body but the shoulders were like 2 inches too wide on each side.  Football player status.

How did the warm up shorts fit? Are they alpha sized? I couldn't really tell from their bigcartel page, they only have size F listed.

I'm actually really interested in the shorts as a good option for something to wear when indoor rec-climbing.

Also, just FYI I emailed them after I saw a photo of their stuff on tumblr asking for a line sheet and price list before their bigcartel was up and running. Their response time was almost immediate, very accommodating and friendly communication, so they've got that going for them.

How did the warm up shorts fit? Are they alpha sized? I couldn't really tell from their bigcartel page, they only have size F listed.

I'm actually really interested in the shorts as a good option for something to wear when indoor rec-climbing.

Also, just FYI I emailed them after I saw a photo of their stuff on tumblr asking for a line sheet and price list before their bigcartel was up and running. Their response time was almost immediate, very accommodating and friendly communication, so they've got that going for them.

F might be free.

Didn't check size coz I tried on.

Private White V.C.

One of the recent 'Made in Britain' heritage brands. They do the usual tweed, wool and cashmere stuff but it's their ventile I'm interested in. Besides the ventile belted Mac, unlined ventile raincoat 'SB4', and insulated ventile 'SB4', they currently have a Harrington, Jet Jacket, and the Northern.

gUnKgOU.pngR6GRsaO.pngViqwx3C.png

eZ0mYDP.jpg

Edited by SuE

Hi, newby here from Spain. How you doing?

So glad i found this thread - and web, with so many techwear connoiseurs; been searching for something like this for a while now.

So im looking for pants with a chino, minimalist cut, with a very soft, comfy inner that can sustain a good amount of rain - like the acronym p11-ch but with a waterproof fabric? Is there anything like that or am i asking for too much?

Edited by manuel venatof

Hi, newby here from Spain. How you doing?

So glad i found this thread - and web, with so many techwear connoiseurs; been searching for something like this for a while now.

So im looking for pants with a chino, minimalist cut, with a very soft, comfy inner that can sustain a good amount of rain - like the acronym p11-ch but with a waterproof fabric? Is there anything like that or am i asking for too much?

The Schoeller material in the P-11 is waterproof. If you want a more traditional chino cut though, you might want to take a look at the Mission Workshop or Outlier chinos (neither available in Europe, you'll need to order direct from the US), or if you want a cheap version, Swrve do a softshell WWR chino.

just got shots from our FW14 range. We're developing an anorak, I don't think it's there yet, but something a bit different. 

j35m.jpg

This piece I'm really stoked on. It's a colab with Colin Arlen from Macaframa and Jason Clary from State Bicycles. We've been developing this thing for 2 years now, it's finally there.

g9tr.jpg

s6ri.jpg

4dimension's ma-1 is up on their site.  it's about 275 shipped to the US which isn't too bad.  i think it's kinda reversible too.. i'm hoping someone here buys it first and they do a proper review of it before i buy it.  probably woulda bought the shorts if they would fit a 34.

Edited by wahwho11

The Schoeller material in the P-11 is waterproof. If you want a more traditional chino cut though, you might want to take a look at the Mission Workshop or Outlier chinos (neither available in Europe, you'll need to order direct from the US), or if you want a cheap version, Swrve do a softshell WWR chino.

Just to clarify... most these pants are water resistant not waterproof. They'll more than likely keep you dry or very close to dry in drizzle and light rain, but will eventually soak through in heavy rain/down pours.

I think the happy median is a pant that is water resistant (still very breathable) and very quick drying. That's one thing I REALLY liked about my Outliers when I had them. They dried super quick so even when it did soak through I was comfortably dry within 30-60 mins out of the rain.

Off-topic, Rapha's winter sale has been going on for awhile and I hope they drop the prices even more. I'd like to get a merino hoody or even try a button up assuming it fits me well. Good cuts for guys who are slim with longer arms.

Thanks for the tips.

And yeah, I've been using a pair of Haglofs Aero made of Gore Windstopper which are very nice and light for the walks with the dog but once it start pouring serious rain - and that happens alot in the northwest of Spain - it gets soaked quick.

Also, if you guys are into Merino you might check Chocolate Fish

http://www.chocolatefishmerino.co.uk

Nothing fancy, simple cuts & colours but good "made in new zealand" quality. Been using them for a couple of years, very happy so far

Edited by manuel venatof

Anyone have fit pics/a review of any Outlier competitor pants?  Curious to hear more about Swrv, Mission Workshop's Division/Signal, Endless Amo (have seen some here!), Proof etc. 

I have Swrve, Outlier and Proof pants. 

I actually like the fit of the Swrve stuff better than the Outlier stuff.  A fuller fit in the thigh and a tapered leg.

These guys have a good set of pics to show fit.  My pants fit a little more snug though (larger frame, cyclist, and lift weights)...but these pics will give you a good idea on how they fit.

The Proof stuff is going to fit just about the same as Outlier.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluelug/sets/72157632058375470/with/8203041300/

Edited by jilla82

AV drops at Barneys

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?cgid=men&pagetype=designer&prefn1=designer&prefv1=Arc%27Teryx%20Veilance

Prob the best price you're gonna see for a Mionn IS. Haedn is also on sale which is ultra-tempting.

Haedn at $479! Too bad I'm not in a position to buy with all the other outerwear I've bought :(. Vest is at a good price and so is the Mionn IS blazer

if anyone is on the fence about the Mionn i urge you to get it

instant go-to jacket for me

Thanks for the tips.

And yeah, I've been using a pair of Haglofs Aero made of Gore Windstopper which are very nice and light for the walks with the dog but once it start pouring serious rain - and that happens alot in the northwest of Spain - it gets soaked quick.

I love my outlier slim dungarees, favorite pair of pants I own.

BTW, I'm from Vigo! Feel free to PM me :)

Un saludo.