Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, XLARGE said:

I own some older pieces and some newer stuff.

How do people feel about stuff now being made mainly in China and pricing is going rather up then down?
I really like Acronym, but lately I sometimes can't justify the prices anymore.
For example the J91-WS for 1100€ has YKK plastic zippers, they feel really cheap and I'm not sure how long these will hold up.
It's never been cheap, but if I see some Shadow pieces I own, quality is really awesome and Made in Italy.
Just feels better in my opinion if it's made in the EU.

I think it would be cool if Errolosn would show a little transparency and let people know where the stuff is made exactly.
If the workers get paid well and the working conditions are good, that means a lot me.

FWIW my plastic j91 zipper holds up great:). I like how it feels, but that is just opinion of course.

Also, after owning for 1 year - I have to say that the J91WS is the BEST acronym jacket I have owned by far and I feel and look the best wearing it compared to j28, j1 and other grail type ACR jackets.  It surprised me and I am very happy about it.

5 hours ago, Appleseed said:

NOT just the 'eye of nostalgia' - fundamental difference in the politics of artisanal, low-yield MIE vs. the playing into PRC factory game.

^ this i most definitely agree with, scaling has shifted the passion of world building to something i see marked up on ssense and don't fully connect with. 

coming from the more "craft" culture of denim and apparel like that i do wonder about the long term. i do hope all the halo pieces and experiments with new forms and IP continue out of CZ.

the previous note on cost is i think a sticking point and if the CN factory pieces were truly more affordable and approachable and the small runs continued their meteoric rise in cost it would at least set values amongst the works that i think could be of value. but my last rambling is that there may be production methods a mega factory affords in a way that a small purpose built facility may not have access to, but this is just postulation.

niche is niche and no one likes their spot blown up. I remember seeing acr in publications as a kid, but didn't touch a piece until 2016 and I'm still infatuated with the work, but it certainly feels like going through the motions of another persons growing pains the past few years.

"MIC bad" is just as ignorant a take as "plastic bad" so I can't say that's I'm surprised the two were said in the same statement.

For reference, the j58 is still MIE & also features a plastic zipper. Were it metal, it'd likely snag & tear the WS attached to it. The tension from a more rigid, metal track & head would also make it harder to open as WS is super slim & flexible, another chance to tear your 1300$ jacket. That's something acronym does called R&D.

I said the same thing when people were losing their minds over the way the pockets are structured internally on the P30, a small handful of people ended up tearing theirs and the sentiment became "P30 pattern bad, I can't believe they haven't fixed this".  This was such a non-issue & so easy to fix you could do it with one hand & hadn't happened to the thousands of other P30 owners, yet people acted like this was such a serious flaw that it almost wasn't worth buying a pair.

Sorry your tag is peeling off and your zipper heads are made of ABS plastic. Looking forward to this season hitting sales :) 

2400 EUR jacket or 1200 EUR pants is in Louis Vuitton territory, and you should expect the highest quality possible (or at least on par with 400EUR Arcteryx Jacket). Yet you're here defending tags that are peeling off or crooked stitching on an item that was produced in a factory that pays 1/4 of the item's price to its workers. Few years back, Errolson answered someones question on Twitter about new prices. He basically stated that they want to pay competitive European salaries (which is great). Yet since they moved production to China, I haven't seen any slowdown in price increases, only a decline in quality. Also, I don't think that acronym hitting sales is a good thing in the long run. There was a perfect balance between scarcity and price, but nowadays nobody wants even the J28GT, which sold out in 7 minutes back in 2017. Increasing the price and quantity at the same time feels counterintuitive to me.

9 hours ago, leg said:

2400 EUR jacket or 1200 EUR pants is in Louis Vuitton territory, and you should expect the highest quality possible (or at least on par with 400EUR Arcteryx Jacket). Yet you're here defending tags that are peeling off or crooked stitching on an item that was produced in a factory that pays 1/4 of the item's price to its workers. Few years back, Errolson answered someones question on Twitter about new prices. He basically stated that they want to pay competitive European salaries (which is great). Yet since they moved production to China, I haven't seen any slowdown in price increases, only a decline in quality. Also, I don't think that acronym hitting sales is a good thing in the long run. There was a perfect balance between scarcity and price, but nowadays nobody wants even the J28GT, which sold out in 7 minutes back in 2017. Increasing the price and quantity at the same time feels counterintuitive to me.

Totally agreed.

Thanks for all the input from other members, good to see I'm not the only one bothering.
Whoever said that the price is alright with a 50% markdown, I agree, but thats not the retail price and not every piece is available with a 50 percent discount every season in every size.
So that point is not really valid. And especially retailers in Europe and Germany are waiting forever to disount Acronym and they normally start with like 20 percent, these stingy stores.

10 hours ago, nathan_ said:

"MIC bad" is just as ignorant a take as "plastic bad" so I can't say that's I'm surprised the two were said in the same statement.

For reference, the j58 is still MIE & also features a plastic zipper. Were it metal, it'd likely snag & tear the WS attached to it. The tension from a more rigid, metal track & head would also make it harder to open as WS is super slim & flexible, another chance to tear your 1300$ jacket. That's something acronym does called R&D.

I've been very satisfied with the MIC quality, but for what's it worth, the J58 is not MIE anymore since the latest release. 

IMG_0818.jpeg

11 hours ago, nathan_ said:

And yet, for many people, both of those are fundamentally true. Perhaps not by your understanding, but at face value those words cover a lot of ground...

It's easy to play the devil's advocate in the MIC vs. MIE debate. There's the quality control issues that plagued Gen 1.1 P30As produced in China, and then on the other hand you have European-made J63As with the incorrect AuxZip sewn in. People are making these garments and these kinds of things are just bound to happen in one place or another. There's also biggest QC issue ACR had with the sacai collab which was made in Japan where buyers were getting jackets with peeling seam tape. There's definitely a stigma when it comes to Chinese production because I'm sure we all want labourers to have good working conditions and proper wages, but I doubt Errolson is outsourcing production to the lowest bidder. I've accumulated a fair share of MIC pieces over the years and haven't experienced much more than maybe uneven stitching or a loose thread - the same things I find on MIE pieces all the time.

Obviously MIC pieces aren't a diffusion line but they certainly are more accessible, and I'll probably get a bunch of negreps for this but I think that's a good thing. A pair of pants going on sale at a retailer can be the difference for a prospective buyer being able to afford them or not. And it's cool to see staples like the J1A get reiterated on because even if I won't be buying one, someone else will get the version that they've been waiting for after they missed out on it seasons ago and don't want to pay archival prices on Grailed. And for the diehards, there's still mothersite exclusive drops. Best of both worlds if you ask me

9 hours ago, hanzen1138 said:

It's easy to play the devil's advocate in the MIC vs. MIE debate. There's the quality control issues that plagued Gen 1.1 P30As produced in China, and then on the other hand you have European-made J63As with the incorrect AuxZip sewn in. People are making these garments and these kinds of things are just bound to happen in one place or another. There's also biggest QC issue ACR had with the sacai collab which was made in Japan where buyers were getting jackets with peeling seam tape. There's definitely a stigma when it comes to Chinese production because I'm sure we all want labourers to have good working conditions and proper wages, but I doubt Errolson is outsourcing production to the lowest bidder. I've accumulated a fair share of MIC pieces over the years and haven't experienced much more than maybe uneven stitching or a loose thread - the same things I find on MIE pieces all the time.

Obviously MIC pieces aren't a diffusion line but they certainly are more accessible, and I'll probably get a bunch of negreps for this but I think that's a good thing. A pair of pants going on sale at a retailer can be the difference for a prospective buyer being able to afford them or not. And it's cool to see staples like the J1A get reiterated on because even if I won't be buying one, someone else will get the version that they've been waiting for after they missed out on it seasons ago and don't want to pay archival prices on Grailed. And for the diehards, there's still mothersite exclusive drops. Best of both worlds if you ask me

Btw previously had absolutely the same issue with a seam tape on mie items (J1a 2.0, j28-gt fw18). Slight seam tape peeling (this is what i saw in the photos with defects) may appear during transportation. Yep, It's not cool but, not so critical. 

I didn't have any problems with mic p30a (owned 6 pairs, 4 werw in everyday rotation). I didn’t have mic J68, J1 'S peeling problem with labels (even after 2-3 washes with 30min circle +washbag).

My main complaints to mic are about the tailoring quality, cuz sometimes items are pretty crooked (QC problem too), and using cheaper materials (similar looking but rigid and cheaper inner black pockets fabric). 

As a result, usually Acr MIE quality > MIC. But MIC is cheap and ez to get—a minus at the same time, 'cause it's getting cheap uniforms. 

On 12/13/2022 at 5:13 PM, NortonCommando961 said:

I sell a lot or ACR gear, most of it on Grailed but a few items here.

As you all know, when you sell stuff on Grailed, the system works great, but you get whacked by high fees to Grailed and PayPal. 

Lately however, PayPal has been behaving really badly and delaying sending the money to me in a timely manner! Every transaction!

Have others been getting shafted by PayPal as well? Every Grailed sale payment has been delayed with some BS excuse.

I hate getting shafted and I hate getting lied to! PayPal does both!!!

I would sell all my stuff here but it seems to take a long time.

I seem to have enraged yan90 and his posse! Good Merry Christmas to Yan90 all and all the other sexually challenged wankers on this pathetic site! :-)

8 hours ago, NortonCommando961 said:

I seem to have enraged yan90 and his posse! Good Merry Christmas to Yan90 all and all the other sexually challenged wankers on this pathetic site! :-)

Too dumb to understand how PayPal works, too stupid to realize this is the wrong place to post the dumbness, and too self centered to read the room. Congrats on triple playing yourself in public lol. 

10 hours ago, NortonCommando961 said:

It was the Sufu Gatekeeping. Isn't it clear?

Urban dictionary: "Sufu Gatekeeping" - is to push a negrep button (or even a trasrep if u r really enraged) below a dumb post. 

Anyway, Merry Christmas to u too. Comeback again, but, please, without your wet sexual fantasies.

18montrose is always quite an experience.

J1B RAF Green for 928GBP was a great price. But again, something is missing. This time, blank and magnet tape. Will see, what they will do to provide it.

Last time I ordered a black J1B and the red hood was missing, but an Acronym hat was in one of the pockets. Got a 15% discount too.

could someone offer me a scan of the J1B 21/22 sheet? Done, thanks!
could offer a original sheet from J90-SS, because I got two in the bag when I ordered at the mothersite. 

Regards

Kilian

Edited by thehumanreisberg

1 hour ago, DeadHype said:

I just found this on Insta, was there a release for the v91-ws ? 

Next retailer drop. Black, RAF, and grey. Originally got teased in the mothersite drop with the P50-E. Guy must have a plug at his local boutique

Edited by hanzen1138

54 minutes ago, hanzen1138 said:

Next retailer drop. Black, RAF, and grey. Originally got teased in the mothersite drop with the P50-E. Guy must have a plug at his local boutique

Or his local boutique just got tired of sitting on deadstock like these guys: https://summer-store.com/en/collections/acronym