Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Yeah, don’t worry about the thigh width. They roomy af

 

3 hours ago, X.bee said:

I don't think the thigh area will be an issue on p32s.

Thanks guys. So I'm not off base to be thinking of a Medium if I have a 35" waist with a 30" inseam? 6'2", 215-220ish. The rest of the measurements look good in terms of half hem, outseam, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyeheartny said:

 

Thanks guys. So I'm not off base to be thinking of a Medium if I have a 35" waist with a 30" inseam? 6'2", 215-220ish. The rest of the measurements look good in terms of half hem, outseam, etc. 

 

D6A9D80C-0AB5-4360-8044-859A0952FA30.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the amount of fomo I'm suffering from is unrivaled after reading that.

cheers @neromancer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff Neromancer!

Regarding the annoyance of undoing three buckles to get to the main compartment: 90% of the time I only do up the centre buckle, and that works fine for me (when you look at pics of how Errolson sets his up, he actually has mods blocking the use of at least one of the three buckles, and it looks like he only ever really uses the centre buckle).

Also, I'm curious—I've had a hard enough time keeping mods from detaching from the webbing on my 5TS (mostly it's an issue with the MK pockets)—are those loops really reliable for keeping mods attached? Seems like they'd be kind of flimsy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Great stuff Neromancer!

Regarding the annoyance of undoing three buckles to get to the main compartment: 90% of the time I only do up the centre buckle, and that works fine for me (when you look at pics of how Errolson sets his up, he actually has mods blocking the use of at least one of the three buckles, and it looks like he only ever really uses the centre buckle).

Also, I'm curious—I've had a hard enough time keeping mods from detaching from the webbing on my 5TS (mostly it's an issue with the MK pockets)—are those loops really reliable for keeping mods attached? Seems like they'd be kind of flimsy...

Get some molle clips from amazon. They will change your life. I threw all my C rings away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Archival said:

the amount of fomo I'm suffering from is unrivaled after reading that.

cheers @neromancer

Hahaha, I actually had huge fomo because I slept on it for the drop and watched it sell out. But thankfully @Wklcarl helped sell me one of his friend's.

 

13 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

Get some molle clips from amazon. They will change your life. I threw all my C rings away. 

^This. If you look at the picture of my MZ1, it's held on with some clips I bought off Amazon. Unfortunately the attachment loops on the 5 aren't quite as wide as a single slot in molle webbing and thus you can't slide the clip through to attach as designed, but the clips can clamp down onto the attachment loops and hold it together pretty securely with friction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

 

Thanks guys. So I'm not off base to be thinking of a Medium if I have a 35" waist with a 30" inseam? 6'2", 215-220ish. The rest of the measurements look good in terms of half hem, outseam, etc. 

Not off base no, but I would actually suggest a large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neromancer said:
2 hours ago, Archival said:

the amount of fomo I'm suffering from is unrivaled after reading that.

cheers @neromancer

Hahaha, I actually had huge fomo because I slept on it for the drop and watched it sell out. But thankfully @Wklcarl helped sell me one of his friend's.

Glad to hear that you're happy with it.

I have 3a-5 also, I agree with you. I love it more than 5ts at this moment. Some bro complained it's too expensive, but I guess it's fairer to compare 3a-5 vs (5ts + mk3 x 2 pcs)

Edited by Wklcarl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wklcarl said:

Glad to hear that you're happy with it.

I have 3a-5 also, I agree with you. I love it more than 5ts at this moment. Some bro said it's too expensive, but it's fairer to compare 3a-5 vs 5ts + mk3 x 2 pcs.

Compared to the 5TS, the 5 was only about 60 more euros from the mothership if I remember the pricing right. The 5 is a much better bang for your buck. Once I sell off my 5TS and MZ1's, I'll earn back the cost of the 5 and then some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Not off base no, but I would actually suggest a large.

How come? The measurements look spot on in a medium so curious why you think so. The waist would be too big by nearly 2" in the Large and the outseam nearly 2" longer than I tend to need as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, eyeheartny said:

How come? The measurements look spot on in a medium so curious why you think so. The waist would be too big by nearly 2" in the Large and the outseam nearly 2" longer than I tend to need as well. 

I’m a 5’11 and 34 waist and wear a L in all acrnm pants... but the old version of the p32 from a few years ago was even small in L for me... 

I’m not sure how they measure vs how you are measuring, but with a size 35 waist I would get the L for sure based on all the other ones I own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyeheartny said:

How come? The measurements look spot on in a medium so curious why you think so. The waist would be too big by nearly 2" in the Large and the outseam nearly 2" longer than I tend to need as well. 

Per many previous posts in this thread, you should ignore the waist measurement for wide- and ultra wide trousers.

That aside, I'm basing my statement on the fact that I'm 6' and wear a medium. As you're 6'2", and the outseam of the large is 1" longer vis-a-vis the medium, a large sounds like a better fit.

In the end it's all down to personal preference. I quite often roll the hem of mine, as I like the look, so you could argue that I could go with a shorter outseam as well.

Edited by lopiteaux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Per many previous posts in this thread, you should ignore the waist measurement for wide- and ultra wide trousers.

The p32 in question is not wide, and in my experience has a very fitted waist... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, emenel said:

The p32 in question is not wide, and in my experience has a very fitted waist... 

My bad, it's been a long day - I thought you were talking about the P30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

How come? The measurements look spot on in a medium so curious why you think so. The waist would be too big by nearly 2" in the Large and the outseam nearly 2" longer than I tend to need as well. 

If conversion is correct your roughly 188cm and 97kg in real money. Definitely need L from my perspective. 191cm and 87kg here, I’m XL in almost everything, but L in P10A-DS (because of stretch) which is 1.5cm longer on website than P32.

My only Q would be - P32 owners - does any excess baginess translate to length? Wouldn’t have thought so...

Edited by Danwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, emenel said:

I’m a 5’11 and 34 waist and wear a L in all acrnm pants... but the old version of the p32 from a few years ago was even small in L for me... 

I’m not sure how they measure vs how you are measuring, but with a size 35 waist I would get the L for sure based on all the other ones I own.

What's this older P32 you speak of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, X.bee said:

What's this older P32 you speak of?

Oh shit! Just realized that I got mixed up with the older p16a I think, which had a much smaller waist but similar silhouette and pocket placement. My mistake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so happy to see bags back - but I really want a slightly smaller 3A-7TS backpack. It would be instabuy for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

How have people found the sizing of the P31? I'm 6'1" and wondering if a medium will be too short for me...

I’m 5’9 and the medium was only just the right length for me. It obviously depends on how much you let them sag but I’m hardly thrusting them up high and i’ll still get the odd glimpse of sock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoutout to the 3A 13TS at St George station in Toronto. Glad to be part of this community online and offline 

 

:ph34r::ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 11:24 PM, junkie_dolphin said:

How have people found the sizing of the P31? I'm 6'1" and wondering if a medium will be too short for me...

Will most likely be too short. 5’ 10” in a sz M and they end right on the top of my feet.

79310AE2-65A8-4724-A04A-E89DE41B643D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, Voyager said:

HOW TO LOWER YOUR DUTIES IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA

UPS Brokerage accounting department 866-493-7140
Give them your tracking number and tell them that you have a package due to arrive and it isn't classified as specifically as it should be. And as a result of its vague classification, the duties are set way too high. This is actually true.
They might be able to change the classification right then and there, but sometimes they will tell you that you need to speak to the agent in charge of your package and they will give you the number for that office. If they don't just call the Dallas office. They usually have their shit together there.
UPS Shipping and logistics Dallas office 972-304-6978
If you give them your tracking number they should direct you to an agent in charge of your package. Explain to them your situation. They will probably give you a classification that Acronym specified (6203.33.xxxx) which has a duty rate of 27% which is insanely high. Tell them that the classification is not necessarily incorrect, but it's just not specific enough. Give your agent the following classification numbers:
6201.99.8010 - for Cotton (Stotz)
6201.99.8020 - for Wool (LP - that would be a pleasant surprise)
6201.99.8030 - for synthetics (SS, WS or GT)
This changes your rate to something like 4% and saves you hundreds of dollars.

Once your agent confirms the rate change...
UPS bill pay - 803-502-2525. Call these people and pay your lowered duties.

Are these codes and approximate duty rates still accurate (post from 2017)? Want to confirm before I order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can google "chapter 62 hts" and it brings up a pdf with the current codes in use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now