Westbrook

Acronym.

11 minutes ago, segue said:

would be shocked if they restocked the j1a again.  have they ever stocked an item 3x within a year before? (initial release +2 restocks) guessing not since this is the first time they've done an NA category but seems like it would be overkill

I guess they had problems to produce the volume to prepare stock for the first release this year. So this is the volume that was initially planned.

Hi guys. I wanted to see what the SuFu Acronym community has to say about this piece. 

I am almost certain it’s a sample version of the E-J1A from (I think) 2008. What points me to this being a sample is the lack of stitching around where the flak pocket would normally be(highlighted in red), which means no pocket was ever attached to the jacket. 

The jacket needs some work but is in overall great condition and I’m glad I picked it up. Please let me know your thoughts, especially whether you think it’s a sample or not. 

21764588-F34D-4756-8C59-7B65FC304E75.jpeg

702D4B36-CFB5-45B7-9460-4AF488FF32DE.jpeg

36287988-3F68-4C67-A493-0913AE3C9212.jpeg

C69ADE69-7843-49E8-88E9-08CAF57315B6.jpeg

52 minutes ago, g.m said:

Hi guys. I wanted to see what the SuFu Acronym community has to say about this piece. 

I am almost certain it’s a sample version of the E-J1A from (I think) 2008. What points me to this being a sample is the lack of stitching around where the flak pocket would normally be(highlighted in red), which means no pocket was ever attached to the jacket. 

The jacket needs some work but is in overall great condition and I’m glad I picked it up. Please let me know your thoughts, especially whether you think it’s a sample or not. 

21764588-F34D-4756-8C59-7B65FC304E75.jpeg

702D4B36-CFB5-45B7-9460-4AF488FF32DE.jpeg

36287988-3F68-4C67-A493-0913AE3C9212.jpeg

C69ADE69-7843-49E8-88E9-08CAF57315B6.jpeg

more pics needed!, zippers, gravity pockets, material, tags?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, daniel said:

more pics needed!, zippers, gravity pockets, material, tags?

looks like a ss08 EJ1A, someone might removed the pocket

The large stitching on the front does not make ANY sense at all.

Edited by daniel

8 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Nice summary, and I quite appreciate the jacket's roomy and smooth fit meet the stiffness of gt pro. 

I was just wondering what is the velco for on chest pocket and sleeve bits? 

I think the idea is you put some military patches on like J16

10 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Nice summary, and I quite appreciate the jacket's roomy and smooth fit meet the stiffness of gt pro. 

I was just wondering what is the velco for on chest pocket and sleeve bits? 

Yeah, it’s a call back to military style kit where you oftimes need/want to switch out patches for different duties/events/general flair

5 hours ago, daniel said:

Isn't the front flak pouch sewn all the way around? Not just in two spots? I don't see how you could remove the stitching for the pouch without leaving permanent/noticeable visual blemishes. 

He highlighted the two spots cause theres already a stitch on the right. Top is left open for mezzanine pocket.

6 hours ago, daniel said:

I believe it’s identical in every way to the 08 J1A, including zippers, gravity pockets, nextec Epic tag, interops, etc etc. 

The stitching on the right of the front panel is for the inside pocket as you can see here.

E6838AD7-F6DC-4731-89CF-B3269DD19B48.thumb.jpeg.f6e2d0b340a9bb77a0fc793963fc1873.jpeg

5A5EC3C9-4ECC-41D4-9EE1-032BB770A170.jpeg

i don't remember a pocket behind the flap on my ej1a but i could be wrong. looks out of place. otherwise it looks like a ej1a with the flak pocket removed.

Posted (edited)

Usually most samples come in size M. Erlsn wears medium as well and I believe he is the main testing person.

The hood is paclite? I checked the J1A video again and the hood looks to be E- as well as the whole jacket. However there was a E-J1A on grailed in size L that had paclite hood, but came with the pocket and olive jacketsling (while yours looks like there is a black one) I also think someone removed the flak pocket, as @Dolphinski pointed, noone ever had samples.

e-j1.png

Edited by danii

Posted (edited)

There are Acronym samples, @benta9000 has one.

Edit: so not strictly an Acronym sample, my apologies 

99C95BE4-3DF7-47CD-98A7-1DCC2EE7EB57.jpeg

Edited by g.m

2 hours ago, danii said:

Usually most samples come in size M. Erlsn wears medium as well and I believe he is the main testing person.

The hood is paclite? I checked the J1A video again and the hood looks to be E- as well as the whole jacket. However there was a E-J1A on grailed in size L that had paclite hood, but came with the pocket and olive jacketsling (while yours looks like there is a black one) I also think someone removed the flak pocket, as @Dolphinski pointed, noone ever had samples.

e-j1.png

The hood is Paclite yes.

215D3E22-81FA-40E0-A875-6D623E26F250.jpeg

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, g.m said:

There are Acronym samples, @benta9000 has one.

99C95BE4-3DF7-47CD-98A7-1DCC2EE7EB57.jpeg

looks like a GTJ5/J9 /Tilak Gravity/ Raptor Jacket sample

Edited by daniel

Posted (edited)

Sharing on behalf of @benta9000.

Screenshot_20190629-110634.png

Screenshot_20190629-171844.png

Screenshot_20190629-171125.png 

Edited by jeddyhsu

Posted (edited)

anyone who ordered j1a this time around get shipping info yet?

edit 14 hours later: just got shipping info

Edited by frenchbulldog

From what I’ve read shipping has been a bit slow this release. A lot of people without info

23 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

Sharing on behalf of @benta9000.

Very much in line with how they were operating for years!

16 hours ago, frenchbulldog said:

anyone who ordered j1a this time around get shipping info yet?

edit 14 hours later: just got shipping info

Glad to hear someone’s order went smooth.

I ordered the J1A as well. Still haven't heard anything. As seen above, ive received both a payment confirmed email as well as a order denied email.

i have confirmation from paypal that Acronym has in fact received my payment within 6 minutes of my order. And the cash is in acronyms account. 

Really hoping to hear back from them by tomorrow... 

Anyone who ordered P30A got their package shipped? I've got UPS tracking number last friday, but UPS site says shipment is still even not in their facility. Is it normal?

Depending on your order number yes, completely normal. Mine was mid-1700s and arrived today.

40 minutes ago, zoobre said:

Anyone who ordered P30A got their package shipped? I've got UPS tracking number last friday, but UPS site says shipment is still even not in their facility. Is it normal?

Yep, got my shipping on Friday, due to arrive Wednesday. I wouldn't worry, i'm sure it'll get shipped today, they're probably just swapped with all the P30 and J1A orders.

Got confirmation on my order this morning. I guess the "Order denied" email was just an automated message.
Now awaiting tracking info.

Dogspeed everyone.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have any tips on getting a return package out of German customs? My return package has been stuck in there for a few days now. I marked it just as acrnm told me to. I emailed them with no response so far. 

I really wish acrnm would just print out a ups return label for its customers.. 

edit - ah apparently i was suppose to mark the package value as zero along with saying it has no commercial value. didn't do the former but i did the latter. shit.

Edited by Kamikaze

Was it marked as having no value?

The long mod seems like it might fit perfectly inside the DAF-1 neoprene. Great write up, good pic examples.