Westbrook

Acronym.

1 hour ago, esdot said:

Hey guys, can y'all legit check this J1TS-S I bought off grailed? Unless there's some trick that I'm missing the gravity pockets do not work, no matter how hard I throw my arm my phone won't pop out of the sleeve, which was a huge disappointment. The snaps on the inside of the pocket don't release. Thanks in advance for any insight.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1MwW3pt

You're lucky you didn't break anything (phone/window) lol.  Just FYI nothing with the jackets/pants/bags should require any large amounts of force to work.  If they do, you are doing something wrong.  

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any spots that might carry ACR in Japan as I'm heading there next week. Especially any used stores anyone might recommend. 

Posted (edited)

I like it so far being a versatile softshell pants for 32-ds. Only concern might be how would it go for a humid summer being baggy. I’m kind confident bout it though.

7910B081-641E-4262-9A73-0980E8B75F3C.jpeg

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

On 4/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, brainerd666 said:

Anybody have a J-74 and a J-36 and can speak on layering the two? 

It’s 27 degree C today and I managed to try these two on for a few minutes. Both are size M which is the acronym size I normally would wear. Fit wise I have no problem of layering these two together (I was only wearing t shirt underneath, but a light sweater should be fine). One thing I maybe just nitpicking, the j36 collar is quite high and rigid, so the j74 hood stuck high up the neck and look a little off. Hope the j36 will soften up a bit when I wear it more.

j74 is such a easy piece to layer with, the material is so smooth and low loft, it’s very comfortable to wear under any outer shell. 

8 hours ago, thatslapz said:

You're lucky you didn't break anything (phone/window) lol.  Just FYI nothing with the jackets/pants/bags should require any large amounts of force to work.  If they do, you are doing something wrong.  

Lol yeah I looked like an idiot throwing my arms around :laugh:

12 hours ago, kriztopher said:

It’s 27 degree C today and I managed to try these two on for a few minutes. Both are size M which is the acronym size I normally would wear. Fit wise I have no problem of layering these two together (I was only wearing t shirt underneath, but a light sweater should be fine). One thing I maybe just nitpicking, the j36 collar is quite high and rigid, so the j74 hood stuck high up the neck and look a little off. Hope the j36 will soften up a bit when I wear it more.

j74 is such a easy piece to layer with, the material is so smooth and low loft, it’s very comfortable to wear under any outer shell. 

Fit pics?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

Not sure if the P-32s have been discussed much here, but in case they haven’t...

They are cut long (I’ve been rolling them at the cuff to help with the length and give a bit more taper), and are looser than I expected. Looser than the P-23A, you certainly don’t have to worry about sizing for calves with these. I like how they sit on the hip, pocket placements are easy to access and don’t feel like they dip too low. A little unsure about the relative lack of taper down the leg, but I’m going to keep them and see how I feel after a few times out.

New SS SISP mandarin collar shirt heck?

Edited by wexler

3 hours ago, wexler said:

New SS SISP mandarin collar shirt heck?

Yep! I got it in every color. Will note that the stone color is a fair bit darker in person than the pics I’ve seen of it online (below is the white).

DSC05736.thumb.jpg.fc65256826fe3f8b5c79ab1b71f48c27.jpg

4 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

Yep! I got it in every color.

Oft...and that’ll be my breaking point to pick one up. Really nice in both these fits.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:50 PM, HeckHouse said:

DSC05742.thumb.jpg.aa5c13d2f0eb569752690459d6b813bf.jpg

This shot now makes me kinda want of pair of these, the architecture is strong and fluid as fuck. Heavy duty Shirow vibes for sure. 

agreed. they look pretty great there and sound extremely comfortable.

14 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

This shot now makes me kinda want of pair of these, the architecture is strong and fluid as fuck. Heavy duty Shirow vibes for sure. 

Given the way they are cut, I’m glad I went with the S, because it seems like it compliments the structure of the pant better, given the way the pockets are built and the relatively modest taper. Super comfortable and easy to move in, as @Kamikaze said.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:04 AM, HeckHouse said:

Given the way they are cut, I’m glad I went with the S, because it seems like it compliments the structure of the pant better, given the way the pockets are built and the relatively modest taper. Super comfortable and easy to move in, as @Kamikaze said.

curious, what's your height ?  do you normally go for M ?

1 hour ago, Archival said:

Pretty sure he meant “S” as in Stotz, not small.

wore non-acr pants in the piss today.. fell in love with the brand all over again....... 

Imo, stotz pants always have a better fit than dryskin. 

and stotz feels equally, if not more, comfortable as dryskin.

the only issue for me is fading.

4 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I personally feel that it really depends on the design, but I am a sucker for the Stotz.

10 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Dryskin does seem to stretch over time. I've noticed this with pairs of P10-DS's that I've owned that are notably looser from when I bought them brand new.

10 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

I personally feel that it really depends on the design, but I am a sucker for the Stotz.

I think especially for cargo pants, the stretch of dryskin makes the stuff in the big pocket dangling a lot.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, bluecrush said:

Dryskin does seem to stretch over time. I've noticed this with pairs of P10-DS's that I've owned that are notably looser from when I bought them brand new.

Mine are okay so far, but they fit bigger and are actually longer than the same model and same size in stotz.

thanks for this tho, will try to go size down for ds pants in the future. 

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

16 minutes ago, bluecrush said:

i have thought hard about air drying to 95%, then putting them in the dryer for like 5 mins. the stretch over time isn't terrible, but i feel like putting some hot air into them would really not be a bad thing. might reel them in a bit and might put some life back into the fibers. anyone jumped off the cliff with this idea yet?

On 4/26/2019 at 6:21 PM, clutchLT said:

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any spots that might carry ACR in Japan as I'm heading there next week. Especially any used stores anyone might recommend. 

If you're in Tokyo check out Eliminator. Last time I was there, they were carrying ACR...

12 hours ago, Archival said:

Sorry, S as in Stotz. I’m 5’9” and always go for Small in Acronym pants.

Sorry, first post here... But could anyone give me the details on how the customs payment works for the item to be released to you? (Living in U.S.)

I know that there are specific HST codes we could provide UPS to lower the customs hit, but does that happen at the door for delivery, or is that something you have to pay ahead of time by calling in? And do you have to do something in order for them to release the item from customs, or is it just a waiting game?

Just ordered my first piece (J-36S) so I just want to know ahead of time how it works.

1 minute ago, rommeeeezy said:

Sorry, first post here... But could anyone give me the details on how the customs payment works for the item to be released to you? (Living in U.S.)

I know that there are specific HST codes we could provide UPS to lower the customs hit, but does that happen at the door for delivery, or is that something you have to pay ahead of time by calling in? And do you have to do something in order for them to release the item from customs, or is it just a waiting game?

Just ordered my first piece (J-36S) so I just want to know ahead of time how it works.

You'll have to call them, give the codes, and pay for it before UPS delivers it to you.

18 hours ago, CountZatara said:

If you're in Tokyo check out Eliminator. Last time I was there, they were carrying ACR...

I second Eliminator, they also have good selection of other techwear labels and accessories. Try also checking the used shops sometimes they might have acrnm stuff esp the bags - Ragtag, 10-tow, 2nd street, komehyo (kyoto)...