Westbrook

Acronym.

13 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

That’s would be a long story and I’m so far a 50 50 towards it as a 100 made in China dude. And some information is properly out as current situation.

1. Any concerns about build quality would basically unnecessary.  Some factory are being  in the field for decades, for all these outdoor big names etc, or for premium material based brand as visvim, the oem factory was a long term term. You might wonder why so these fake shit came from nowhere rapidly, me too until a heard fake Guerilla taking advantages from previous oem factory for north face( no surprise) and advices from the workers.

2.Workfare would not be dramatically changed compared to CZ as I believed the factory and workers meet the acrnm standard costs around 850 euro(insuranced), also the working time is bit flexible, which really is,  and definitely not be the foxcom one hopefully. However, threat to Acrnm team really is, they most likely not be directly copied like they used to be in tabao, but in an even worse, or you name a better way? That the pattern was copied heavy ass. This happens in Visvim OEM factory and not a rare thing.

3. When asked why Germany as birthplace as the brand, I might recall dude quite honest answer that the healthy balance of costs and industry’s heritage benefit the whole output. However during the merino and leather period, production was also heavily take place in japan, and Tilak for definitely help a lot sharing its pattern like j7 or j20 and many more, and at last a own factory. Then again the move sounds a reasonable thinking after years, and why it’s make sense that j1a was a solid update that huge references would transfer to China’s factory. What’s too surprise me is they using their alpha and omega model testing water, but then again, make sense at a scale of economy, I still recall assumes a total 1000 pieces 2.0 was made, compared with normal total 300 pieces( not confirmed anywhere, just guess, but you know me). For 2.2, I kind believe the order was hiking into 1500 pieces as xs for a thing.

4. Pure personal meme, but that be a super funny you might also feeling that.
In China there be some meme around dude wearing mixture of Bruce Lee(material arts way) or Jet Li as the brand ambassador and Chairman mao the subtle military uniform way, this style was called”Zhong Hua Li Ling”, was originally a commercial from the local brand “Seven“, means Chinese standup collar. 
I myself was always lurking for E guide king boxing design, and at last a stand up collar j1a Version came up and finally produced in China, not bad hah.

Updated.

12 hours ago, SuE said:

There is no excuse that this info should come out via a customer picture and a LOL Instagram comment posted after the jacket is sold out. I'm disappointed in errolson's ethics

As opposed to how? This is Acronym we're talking about, it's not like they have a press office or a PR firm doing media relations sending out pitches to Complex and Hypebeast and all the 'grammars to tell them production is now expanding to China. The company has always been a black box, and details emerge here and there in interviews and personal communication. Why is this some ethical insult by the company towards you?

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

As opposed to how? This is Acronym we're talking about, it's not like they have a press office or a PR firm doing media relations sending out pitches to Complex and Hypebeast and all the 'grammars to tell them production is now expanding to China. The company has always been a black box, and details emerge here and there in interviews and personal communication. Why is this some ethical insult by the company towards you?

Hold up — I didn't say it's a personal insult; don't put words in my mouth. 

As opposed to perhaps Outlier, who put the info/picture on the product page when they first manufactured in China then followed up on social media with the specifics about the manufacturing company

It doesn't have to be a big PR rollout via Hypebeast or whatever ffs. You're a journalist, you won't pick up the phone if Errolson calls? You're telling me he can't get an interview up witj Fashion Law blog? He can't make an announcement or two on Twitter? He can't explain on his website? That's bare minimum and he fell short

Edited by SuE

That’s never been the company’s way of doing things, and I don’t get the sense of entitlement here. 

1 hour ago, drgitlin said:

That’s never been the company’s way of doing things, and I don’t get the sense of entitlement here. 

And it was never the company's way to manufacture in China :rolleyes:

^ entitled af almost discriminating / borderline offensive to an entire country statement 

55 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

while having clothing made of materials with high pollution risk

This is the big one honestly. I'm willing to "fill in the blanks" and assume Errolson has found a good factory, that pays its employees well and so on (certainly other companies claim to have done that). But harping on about the wastefulness of fashion, and posting these (sometimes incredibly scary and sensationalist) articles about climate change and the dying off of insects and the pollution of the oceans... all while selling garments made of precariously laminated plastics... that I find a little hard to swallow.

Putting china aside for a moment; ya'll got any of them fit pics / first impressions of the 2.2 for us to drool over? 

I share a majority of @CARLOOA‘s concerns in this regard. Time to brigade E’s twitter methinks. 

In other news...

WHATS THE WORD ON THEM GRAV POCKETS DAMMIT!?!?

I want them pics and reviews already you dirty cyberpunk wannabe mutherfuckers(said with the greatest love/self effacement)

12 hours ago, SuE said:

Hold up — I didn't say it's a personal insult; don't put words in my mouth. 

As opposed to perhaps Outlier, who put the info/picture on the product page when they first manufactured in China then followed up on social media with the specifics about the manufacturing company

It doesn't have to be a big PR rollout via Hypebeast or whatever ffs. You're a journalist, you won't pick up the phone if Errolson calls? You're telling me he can't get an interview up witj Fashion Law blog? He can't make an announcement or two on Twitter? He can't explain on his website? That's bare minimum and he fell short

Outlier is a poor comparison. Outlier has always been really communicative with its user base--Acronym is basically the opposite. Plus, Outlier used to pride itself on its production being in the USA and it was one of its selling points, so diseminating the fact that they're changing production is almost required. Acronym, AFAIK, has never touted its country of origin. 

Posted (edited)

While made in China can be shitty quality, they can be top-notch quality as well if you do it right.

I remember when I was into in-ear headphones, made in China Westone earbuds are significantly better than made in USA models. 

It's just that every country has good factories and bad factories. Like human, no one is perfect.

And this year's J1A-GT is less expensive than last year's J1A-GTPL.

So I am happy to embrace the change.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

holy shit i hadn't looked at the man's twitter in ages. the climate panic and virtue signalling is off the goddamn charts.

3 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

holy shit i hadn't looked at the man's twitter in ages. the climate panic and virtue signalling is off the goddamn charts.

I believe climate change is a serious problem, and I'm happy it's more prominent now as a point of political discussion. That said, he's often retweeting really misleading stuff—headlines that speak of "tipping points" (a term regular people are likely to read as "point of no return"), "apocalypse," "the end of ____ as we know it..." The climate scientists I've read/listened to are very often critical of this sort of scare-mongering, because it tends to make people feel that there's no hope and nothing to be done.

I think something about current Twitter amplifies latent dramatic emotional elements in people. Have a look at William Gibson's twitter page for example; I've had to mute the poor guy's retweets. Last I checked he's perpetually retweeting anti-Trump spam—the guy uses the "retweet" function the way most people use the "like" function.

9 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Ah yes, Errolson is quite a character :ph34r2:

image.png

10 hours ago, fasttimes said:

I still dislike the sleeve pocket. I get that it's a defining feature of the J1 but I've always found it cumbersome to use. I would've preferred the stacked detached sleeve pockets from the J16/J1TS on both sides but that's just me dreaming of my ideal ACR jacket.

I actually really like the sleeve pocket and was surprised at how easy it was to use lol. I guess we are all different in some way. I wanted to store my airpods and the sleeve pocket so far seems like the best spot for them since the 'lipstick' pocket feels awkward to use. 

Also, sorry if I'm wrong here, isn't there still a side entry mezzanine pocket behind the flak pocket? I don't have it on me, but I remember thinking my phone would fall out if I left it in there. A top entry mezzanine would've been great, I use them constantly to store my phone/metro cards in my J28. 

2 hours ago, RodG said:

I actually really like the sleeve pocket and was surprised at how easy it was to use lol. I guess we are all different in some way. I wanted to store my airpods and the sleeve pocket so far seems like the best spot for them since the 'lipstick' pocket feels awkward to use. 

In my personal timeline with J1s they've gotten harder to use but there's also size and material to take into account. I've sized down over the years as I've lost weight. My J1A-S was an L and also the artificial leather sleeve was relatively easy to slide up and get to the zipper. My J1TS-S was an M though an S would've fit more true. It was still okay to use but too slow to access for my liking. Now the J1A-GT I have is an S which fits me perfectly with an insulator underneath but the size combined with the GT makes it harder to slide up the sleeve and use more than the bottom 30% of the zipper. Makes a good security pocket now I guess!

2 hours ago, RodG said:

Also, sorry if I'm wrong here, isn't there still a side entry mezzanine pocket behind the flak pocket? I don't have it on me, but I remember thinking my phone would fall out if I left it in there. A top entry mezzanine would've been great, I use them constantly to store my phone/metro cards in my J28. 

Oh shit, I just double checked and yep, mezzanine pocket still there but I missed it. Will edit my initial impressions now. Reminds me of the time I discovered the cable ports on my SS-J16 after months of regularly using it lol

fucked up on my sizing thinking it would fit close to a J47, bought an L in the J1A-GT when i should've gone for an M...

i mean it still fits but i guess i'll be looking for someone to trade me for a Medium zZzz

I always like when ppl who fly very often preach about climate change.

Or, you know, run a clothing company with no eco-consciousness.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know where's the material tag of the J1A-GT Gen 2.2? I checked all pockets, no sign of the material tag. I wanna see where its made in.....so weird<_<

Edited by darkart

5 minutes ago, darkart said:

Anyone know where's the material tag of the J1A-GT Gen 2.2? I checked all pockets, no sign of the material tag. I wanna see where its made in.....so weird<_<

it's inside at the very top of the hand pockets. 

2 hours ago, darkart said:

it’s in the right chest pocket. Reach down and you will feel it. It’s usually in the right hand pocket.

2.2 is slightly darker than other gt jackets. It doesn’t have the shades of navy. (Maybe it’s the lighting) wonder if anyone else see that too.

9 minutes ago, BlueBook said:

it’s in the right chest pocket. Reach down and you will feel it. It’s usually in the right hand pocket.

2.2 is slightly darker than other gt jackets. It doesn’t have the shades of navy. (Maybe it’s the lighting) wonder if anyone else see that too.

Thank You, new area to discover

Anyone know what weight of etaproof is used for pants this season?  It seems that before weight was heavier.

I can't quite reconcile the price increase + made in China. Here's a snippet of my J1A-GT invoice from July 2016, that's $1,200 USD. The 2.2 is at what, $1,900 and Chinese now? Along with Errolson being such an eco/SJW it rubs me the wrong way.

pricehikesahoy.PNG

13 minutes ago, tomatocookie said:

https://imgur.com/a/53RQ235

here's an album of my J1A-GT, it is size XS. For reference I am 5'7" 130 lbs. A few pics have it lined with a J72-AK in Small

Fits you super good, how tall are you?

3 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Fits you super good, how tall are you?

I am 5'7" or 170 cm