Westbrook

Acronym.

13 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

The downfall started with the advent of the nike collab really didn't it?

Or when Joanna left. 

JFS went to work for ...

5 hours ago, danii said:

01. aikido hakama pants can qualify as dropcrotch pants

03. thaibox shorts are pretty dropcrotch

Agree... I always saw their implementation of the drop crotch as meeting the needs of martial artists. I found this pretty clear from their videos, the close resemblance to the "real thing", and of course, this quote:

"I was always trying to find pants that I could wear and kick in"

11 hours ago, Cornuto said:

Correlation does not equal causation, but i would not be surprised to find that the influx of money from the Nike contract is what allowed a certain freedom to engage in more ‘whimsical’ looks.

nah, they've been getting a steady flow I'm sure from Victoriaknox / Stone Island/ Herno / Tilak Poutnik etc etc,  the T.U event with pricing occurred after NIKEGATE when all the hypebeasts were doing a sexwee over it.

1 hour ago, danii said:

JFS went to work for ...

Where she immediately did a great capsule collection for women. Including a cape, similar to the cape that people here obsess over. Makes you wonder who was coming up with the ideas we all loved from previous collections, no?

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

Agree... I always saw their implementation of the drop crotch as meeting the needs of martial artists. I found this pretty clear from their videos, the close resemblance to the "real thing", and of course, this quote:

"I was always trying to find pants that I could wear and kick in"

While I really love the dropcrotch silhouette, again, who would wear acronym pants to practice any martial arts? With the current pricing people are afraid to damage the pieces in easy everyday wear, let alone in any activity that would risk getting the 1500$ pants ripped or stained.

With the raise of the pricing acronym is losing their real performance context, and becomes a fashion brand purely. It changes from "made for <certain activity> to look of the garment inspired by <certain activity>.

And again, I'm completely fine with them raising the prices (it's their brand, they can do whatever they want if people still buy), I'm just observing how it's changing what the brand is.

2 hours ago, drgitlin said:

Where she immediately did a great capsule collection for women. Including a cape, similar to the cape that people here obsess over. Makes you wonder who was coming up with the ideas we all loved from previous collections, no?

Not coincidental to this conversation, but I believe she's also dipped out of Nike. People wanted to get all conspiratorial about Errolson vs. Nike re: ACG....but corporate doesn't really keep independent designers on board for extended periods (extrapolate reasoning why she transitioned into a formal position for the brand after her own JFS collection). You come into the fold, or- I'd always assumed the ACR designer-led NikeLab stuff was going to be a capsule. If anything, it lasted longer than expected.

Will be interesting to see what comes next for her.

2 hours ago, nigel1 said:

While I really love the dropcrotch silhouette, again, who would wear acronym pants to practice any martial arts? With the current pricing people are afraid to damage the pieces in easy everyday wear, let alone in any activity that would risk getting the 1500$ pants ripped or stained.

With the raise of the pricing acronym is losing their real performance context, and becomes a fashion brand purely. It changes from "made for <certain activity> to look of the garment inspired by <certain activity>.

And again, I'm completely fine with them raising the prices (it's their brand, they can do whatever they want if people still buy), I'm just observing how it's changing what the brand is.

I can't speak for anyone else but SP28 is easily the most comfortable pair of shorts I own.  The DS on it is choice (fastening buckles and belt loops also add functionality) and I don't think anime (AOT S3) could even find a way to damage it.  I kind of think this is what they are already wearing in it because I don't even remember they are on me half the time.

Will I use the TS function? Maybe not to that extent (as depicted online) but I already threw my Leatherman on it, small clip screwdriver, etc. 

It isn't necessarily about using it for anything in specific or going overboard but if you wanted to hang half your EDC on it, you can.  Keep in mind that this is still all experimental, been that way since day one.  The product shots are just that, a fitting room on the web.

Just saying I'm not quite understanding the shock and awe response of it all.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:49 AM, nigel1 said:

While I really love the dropcrotch silhouette, again, who would wear acronym pants to practice any martial arts?

On a mobility issue, I actually happened to once upon a time to wear some P17-S or whatever to some newb *kinda like* Iaido class. The cuffs always ended up getting stuck on my calves every time I stretched out far enough, and that's in a size Large (I'm 6'1"/cyclist build).

My ex's yoga tights, on the other hand, worked perfectly fine.

(Yes, I am a giant nerd)

Edited by exhaust fumes
double actually

• Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • White / Black - Dynamic Yellow
  • AH7832 100

• Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • Cool Grey / Black
  • AH7832 001

1 hour ago, GFNS said:

Just saying I'm not quite understanding the shock and awe response of it all.

You don't understand why some people would think a pair of €1500 shorts is taking the piss? Particularly when they're >30% more expensive than trousers made from the same stuff, but use less of it? 

56 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:
  • Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • AH7832 100

• Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • Cool Grey / Black
  • AH7832 001

Wheres this info from? The first colorway sounds a lot like the photo posted on the FB page everyone said was fake.

57 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:
  • Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • AH7832 100

• Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • Cool Grey / Black
  • AH7832 001

I'd heard that at least one was patterned. Not sure if it's a repeat of the Vapourmax pattern though?

Originally slated for an August release but got pushed back till September, I believe. Similar release date to previous Nike releases. 

13 minutes ago, Yoshiii said:

I'd heard that at least one was patterned. Not sure if it's a repeat of the Vapourmax pattern though?

Originally slated for an August release but got pushed back till September, I believe. Similar release date to previous Nike releases. 

Sometime in the second or third week of September, correct?

46 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

You don't understand why some people would think a pair of €1500 shorts is taking the piss? Particularly when they're >30% more expensive than trousers made from the same stuff, but use less of it? 

If that was the case, none of us would cop anything they ever make.  So I'm still a bit bewildered by the bewilderment.  Nobody had anything crazy to say about P25.  Same difference to me.

If we are talking cost, then it's a totally different conversation.  A non-existent one to be honest since they'll keep going up.  So what are we really discussing?

OK, completely absent the price I am still not a fan of them. The styling on the site makes them look like a utilikilt, and when I'm wearing shorts the last thing I want is a fabric as heavy as that, particularly in black; I'm wearing shorts because it's fucking hot out.

At this point I feel like the brand has lost me, and you know what? That's fine. I need another jacket or pair of trousers like I need a hole in my head.  It's like when your favorite DJ decides he's going to put away the decks and make records with guitars; good on him but I don't want to listen to it. the last thing the world needs is more needless consumption—hell, even Errolson shouts about that.

1 hour ago, X.bee said:

Wheres this info from? The first colorway sounds a lot like the photo posted on the FB page everyone said was fake.

one of my friends picked it up on his discord and told me about it since he knows ive been looking for these. not sure which website it was but they have not yet released

Edited by Kamikaze

That's consistent with what py_rates on Instagram posted a few months ago. They also said there'd be a pink/blue combo, too.

5 hours ago, X.bee said:

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

one of my friends picked it up on his discord and told me about it since he knows ive been looking for these. not sure which website it was but they have not yet released

It was found here:

https://noirfonce.eu/products/nike-x-acronym-air-presto-mid-white-ah7832-100
https://noirfonce.eu/products/nike-x-acronym-air-presto-mid-cool-grey-ah7832-001

The site is missing that pink/blue one though

5 hours ago, drgitlin said:

OK, completely absent the price I am still not a fan of them. The styling on the site makes them look like a utilikilt, and when I'm wearing shorts the last thing I want is a fabric as heavy as that, particularly in black; I'm wearing shorts because it's fucking hot out.

At this point I feel like the brand has lost me, and you know what? That's fine. I need another jacket or pair of trousers like I need a hole in my head.  It's like when your favorite DJ decides he's going to put away the decks and make records with guitars; good on him but I don't want to listen to it. the last thing the world needs is more needless consumption—hell, even Errolson shouts about that.

I respect it.

Sidebar though, they lighter than you’d expect them to be.  Cooler than a polar bear toenail type ventilation, zero heft.  Just my 2¢.

Anyone find that the P10 waist from SS18 is smaller than previous seasons?

9 minutes ago, hoju said:

Anyone find that the P10 waist from SS18 is smaller than previous seasons?

Does feel that way a bit..

Just now, GFNS said:

Does feel that way a bit..

We are definitely not getting thick around the waist.

Wonder if quantity will be similar to the vapormax. Couldn’t get on board with the fit on those. Looking forward to these

Let's see what they bring with FW18, because in my opinion SS18 was the weakest collection to date.

I feel the opposite.  Especially considering springs are usually a little lighter with re-issues in different materials or small updates.  This has been new model after new model plus the re-issues/re-stocks of some of the more popular items (47aws, j1agtpl and gtv, p10s and ds).