Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

Seeing the new pants I’m a bit sad I missed out on the p30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you experienced any trouble with trying to tighten the straps pretty far in? I feel like they start to give too much resistance at a certain point vs the p23a's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't look as exaggerated as the product photos make them out to be. They look great man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, X.bee said:

20180625_141943.thumb.jpg.2a02ed179add8d92dd3f37e450579a49.jpg20180625_141056.thumb.jpg.993421409dfaf4c0cd530640bbdac95b.jpg20180625_141015.thumb.jpg.216f022e85bd043fabb966762d0c9f94.jpg20180625_141638.thumb.jpg.2525514c2ea01d6634664faf7b548cda.jpg20180625_142103.thumb.jpg.b2fbcd561baaaf09285db3a1592123b7.jpg20180625_141408.thumb.jpg.763723a96bc759476d620356589203ef.jpg20180625_141329.thumb.jpg.ab377f34b8c4513175822445006ff1a8.jpg

Looks great on you! How tall are you and what size are you wearing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Have you experienced any trouble with trying to tighten the straps pretty far in? I feel like they start to give too much resistance at a certain point vs the p23a's. 

Yea they definitely function like traditional webbing, I'm not as gentle as I was with the P23As. I pull on both at the same time until it restricts then firmly tug, one side at a time, Bobby Lee style.

 

5 minutes ago, BlueBook said:

Looks great on you! How tall are you and what size are you wearing?

Thanks! I'm 5'9, size M for these. Pics were worn at about the waist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I literally just figured out how to make them as tight as I wanted; one strap at a time as you said but adjust from behind the buckle and push more fabric from inside the pants-out, then pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda remind me of cropped p24a. Need 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, X.bee said:

20180625_141943.thumb.jpg.2a02ed179add8d92dd3f37e450579a49.jpg20180625_141638.thumb.jpg.2525514c2ea01d6634664faf7b548cda.jpg

Difference between these with the shirt cover is pretty drastic. 

Edited by pompadork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just say, I think it's been one of the strongest drops in ages. I really like the variety and new cuts. It feels like there is a slow departure from the Acronym I got to know a couple of years ago, which I wasn't too sure if I was onboard, but I'm starting to get very excited about what we'll be seeing throughout the remainder of the year.

Although, admittedly, not a fan of the J47TS-GT (?) that cropped up.

Edited by lopiteaux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 10:43 PM, Bigyen said:

That jacket already dropped. Crazy to see WS more expensive than GT pro but I guess it's the intricacy of the design of the j73 / exposed seem allowances of the j69.

Spotted P22-C in the j59

The P22's look incredible. Simple. I'm really interested to find out how the construction wears.

Edited by lopiteaux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things have been pretty good lately so finally decided to pick something up off the mothersite.

Wanted something that I could wear out and to work so settled on a pair of P10-DS and damn are they superb. First time encountering the DS material in person and I'm loving the stretch and hang of the fabric. Being 6'4", any stacking below the knee is non-existent, but the tapering down to the ankle is the narrowest of any pant I've worn and I'm loving it.

Secondary confirmation for any Canadians here that the duties are, in-fact, nil coming across the border. Just the 13% HST and about $10 brokerage fee for UPS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

Secondary confirmation for any Canadians here that the duties are, in-fact, nil coming across the border. Just the 13% HST and about $10 brokerage fee for UPS.

Did you have to ask ACR to do anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be honest acr still my heavy ass hobby in clothing(or habit, as its a life-work all time around wearing)

and i already done with the prices debate myself, bossman claims its a one-way direction, people of course have rights to talk about pricing, but that should be at some limit right? Social media brings both sides we know and if that prices really makes you unhappy, then walk way with full wallet sounds a plan.

its always being some tradition that prices at no cost(that from old version ss-j2 slogan), for me like in 2006 i was introduced to the brand, dont have much experience with these users attitude then but i believe that should "in or bye bye, no other way around". That feelings might be true for current situation, price forces users making a choice. By E's theory i think he still claim that what best he could do is the biggest customers caring, but these all subject, should that have some boundary? time may tell.

Still, that be some fight back against fast fashions? in some ways i think it works, forget the inflations, least the items were either carefully kept or handsomely wear. for myself, again i just noticed that i need not that much stuffs from other brand, they good too but not to that level(sadly, mostly for the price part too)  by some means individual may keep their own collection balanced by thinking careful and wearing items to its end of life, like what Rolex do. If you get tired with it, let them go flat or flip, thats another story. 

 

 

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hoju said:

Did you have to ask ACR to do anything?

I did send them a response to my invoice email but there’s no indication that that made any difference. Didn’t get a response back.

The funny thing about it all, now that I think about it, is that the P10’s are listed on the mother site as having been made in Switzerland, which is not a member state of the EU, and therefore wouldn’t be subject to the CETA rules (must be manufactured in and shipped from an EU member state) but happens to have its own free-trade agreement with Canada *shrug*.

Edit: Actually, just checked the COD notice attached to the package, the country of origin is listed as CZ, so maybe it did get processed under CETA after all.

Edited by strikethrough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

I did send them a response to my invoice email but there’s no indication that that made any difference. Didn’t get a response back.

The funny thing about it all, now that I think about it, is that the P10’s are listed on the mother site as having been made in Switzerland, which is not a member state of the EU, and therefore wouldn’t be subject to the CETA rules (must be manufactured in and shipped from an EU member state) but happens to have its own free-trade agreement with Canada *shrug*.

Edit: Actually, just checked the COD notice attached to the package, the country of origin is listed as CZ, so maybe it did get processed under CETA after all.

I assume its 13% HST on the converted canadian amount.  example: 1250 EUR * CAD/EUR 1.54~ * 1.13 HST? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, strikethrough said:

I did send them a response to my invoice email but there’s no indication that that made any difference. Didn’t get a response back.

The funny thing about it all, now that I think about it, is that the P10’s are listed on the mother site as having been made in Switzerland, which is not a member state of the EU, and therefore wouldn’t be subject to the CETA rules (must be manufactured in and shipped from an EU member state) but happens to have its own free-trade agreement with Canada *shrug*.

Edit: Actually, just checked the COD notice attached to the package, the country of origin is listed as CZ, so maybe it did get processed under CETA after all.

fabric's origin is switzerland. pants themselves are made in czech republic.

also, acronym does not do jack regarding duties/custom inquiries so i assume it was automatically processed in customs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, clutchLT said:

I assume its 13% HST on the converted canadian amount.  example: 1250 EUR * CAD/EUR 1.54~ * 1.13 HST? 

Yep, that's correct.

4 hours ago, iamundying said:

fabric's origin is switzerland. pants themselves are made in czech republic.

also, acronym does not do jack regarding duties/custom inquiries so i assume it was automatically processed in customs

Gotcha. Thanks! Yeah, you're probably right about that.

One other thing that might help everyone when making a purchase, and isn't immediately obvious, is that you can avoid Paypal's jacked up currency conversion rate by opting to let your bank/card issuer handle the conversion. When going through the Paypal checkout process, look for a link that says something along the lines of "conversion options". I saved about $50 CAD by opting for my Visa to be charged in EUR and letting the bank do the conversion directly.

Edited by strikethrough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 7:29 PM, hoju said:

If you had to pick between CH and DS, anyone want to weigh in on which is more comfortable?

Depends on the conditions. If you have hot and humid summers, DS is going to be a three-season fabric that you put away when the mercury rises. CH is lighter, thinner, and feels like a much less synthetic fabric, but DS drapes a lot more. P17-CH are perfect for hot weather, OTOH, but you wouldn't want to wear them on the side of a mountain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, strikethrough said:

One other thing that might help everyone when making a purchase, and isn't immediately obvious, is that you can avoid Paypal's jacked up currency conversion rate by opting to let your bank/card issuer handle the conversion. When going through the Paypal checkout process, look for a link that says something along the lines of "conversion options". I saved about $50 CAD by opting for my Visa to be charged in EUR and letting the bank do the conversion directly.

Trouble is, with some purchases that adds precious seconds when it's a brutal race to checkout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drgitlin said:

Depends on the conditions. If you have hot and humid summers, DS is going to be a three-season fabric that you put away when the mercury rises. CH is lighter, thinner, and feels like a much less synthetic fabric, but DS drapes a lot more. P17-CH are perfect for hot weather, OTOH, but you wouldn't want to wear them on the side of a mountain.

Thanks. It's too bad CH isn't used as frequently, something Errolson attributes that to the high cost of the fabric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, hoju said:

Trouble is, with some purchases that adds precious seconds when it's a brutal race to checkout.

You're definitely not wrong... but with the most recent drop sitting for as long as it did, i'd consider that reason enough for some optimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for interrupting the feed. Does anyone know which Acronym collection had snow camouflage? I can't find any information through any archives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AsianonEggrollPatroll said:

Sorry for interrupting the feed. Does anyone know which Acronym collection had snow camouflage? I can't find any information through any archives.

Not sure snow camo, but that recently selfheating one-off J1a  , and early days camo pouches plus some 3a bag(not sure whether they issued at last or not, they from ss07 season) are some camo models.

these are camo stuffs all I know in acr, hope other intels added though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed the J69 and think it works way better in person than it does in their model shots—specifically, the downturned collar is actually a really great feature that makes the jacket wearable with an entirely different genre of clothing. The longer sleeves let you wear them straight like a biker jacket or tighten with a bit of bunch like a bomber. 

DSC04575.thumb.jpg.5e2ecc127ab632171b16484470e7a69b.jpgDSC04568.thumb.jpg.194679b0ae235b9be2725cc39ee28805.jpg

Collar turned down.

DSC04551.thumb.jpg.20e3bd35f7abaa1c51fcd4653e20d87a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

I grabbed the J69 and think it works way better in person than it does in their model shots—specifically, the downturned collar is actually a really great feature that makes the jacket wearable with an entirely different genre of clothing. The longer sleeves let you wear them straight like a biker jacket or tighten with a bit of bunch like a bomber. 

 

Collar turned down.

 

Agree, looks damn good. Killer piece. Any chance you could share some closeups, esp. of collar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AvantSol said:

Did that jacket from collette ever sell?

Yes. I remember seeing a pic of a guy who bought it, don't ask me where though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The P30 is edging closer to Y-3, I certainly welcome a more avantgardæ look these days, next up a CP3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

The P30 is edging closer to Y-3, I certainly welcome a more avantgardæ look these days, next up a CP3?

acronym to takes it's talents to houston.. beard gaitor featuring hærden tech.. which is funny because didn't he just do a capsule with y-3? i liked it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program