Westbrook

Acronym.

you have to pay more then a living wage to make your emplyees stay nowadays. l haven’t talked to stotz ppl recently but the price of -S did not rise on sites selling it. 

Wasn't the price increase on the 3A-3TS questionable as well, same textile and pattern used before but with a higher price tag (non olive version)? The p10-s significant price increase is questionable considering the p10a-ch last released at 985 usd and now the p10-s sits around 1.4k usd which is undoubtedly questionable given stotz price hasn't increased (I checked with weather wise wear which is a known manufacturer that utilizes stotz for gears and such), patterns for p10 are readily available, and it's the non advanced version of the p10. 

2 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

Wasn't the price increase on the 3A-3TS questionable as well, same textile and pattern used before but with a higher price tag (non olive version)? 

It's even produced by Bagjack in Berlin, not Acronym themselves, so any fluctuations or changes in the costs on Acronym's side shouldn't affect the cost of producing the bags in Berlin.

I bet it's fucking trump, damn.. fuck that guy

Alrighty folks, the first customs item is in and I've been slapped with a 30% duties tax on the S21-DS.  Time to pull up the tariff codes and broke boi the SDF folks for a refund.

44 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Alrighty folks, the first customs item is in and I've been slapped with a 30% duties tax on the S21-DS.  Time to pull up the tariff codes and broke boi the SDF folks for a refund.

Can you post a review when you can? Been eyeing that one.

The 21 plus screens - nice

2 hours ago, sportello said:

Can you post a review when you can? Been eyeing that one.

I think the description nails it completely.  Light, fast, transitional.  It's thin thin and optimal for small EDC items.  Overall, very happy with it.

Sorry if that's too short but those are just first impressions.  I'll try to post something more comprehensive after a few weeks of testing.

As far as tariffs go, I'm pretty sure they tacked 6110.30.3010 @ 32% when it should be closer to 6110.90.9023 @ 6% for the S21-DS.  I've started the process and have until the 25th to get this reviewed for a refund, as per the UPS agent.  I'll keep all my broke boi's posted!

19 minutes ago, GFNS said:

I think the description nails it completely.  Light, fast, transitional.  It's thin thin and optimal for small EDC items.  Overall, very happy with it.

Sorry if that's too short but those are just first impressions.  I'll try to post something more comprehensive after a few weeks of testing.

As far as tariffs go, I'm pretty sure they tacked 6110.30.3010 @ 32% when it should be closer to 6110.90.9023 @ 6% for the S21-DS.  I've started the process and have until the 25th to get this reviewed for a refund, as per the UPS agent.  I'll keep all my broke boi's posted!

What does 6110.90.9023 correspond to? Thanks!

2 hours ago, GFNS said:

I was able to use 6201.93.47 for the S21-DS and duties dropped from around $290 to around $70.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I was able to use 6201.93.47 for the S21-DS and duties dropped from around $290 to around $70.

I could see how the 6201.93.4700 could work.  I’ll keep it in the bag just in case.

4 hours ago, solographik said:

What does 6110.90.9023 correspond to? Thanks!

6110.90.9023 corresponds to Sweatshirts specifically, if I’m not mistaken.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:20 PM, hoju said:

For those of you in Canada, I spoke with someone at the Customs office. Basically, if you have someone from ACR's shipping department fill this form out and slap it on the box, it should work:

----

(Period: from___________ to __________(1))

The exporter of the products covered by this document (customs authorisation No ...(2)) declares that, except where otherwise clearly indicated, these products are of ...(3) preferential origin.

…………………………………………………………….............................................(4) 
(Place and date)

...……………………………………………………………………..............................(5) 
(Signature and printed name of the exporter)

---

Obviously, getting a response or action from them may be a challenge, but it's worth inquiring. I'm not as well-versed in these matters, so YMMV, but here's hoping for a miracle.

All sourced from here: http://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/agr-acc/ceta-aecg/text-texte/P1.aspx?lang=eng under Annex 2.

Just an update for my fellow Canadians; I didn't have to do this and only got charged tax and $10 brokerage fees, no duties!

Edited by jasonlao
typo

Anyone have any success with getting recent stotz pants with HTS duties less than 16% (6203.42.45)? The cotton composition and lack of any synthetics/plumage really seem to limit any alternate codes. My assigned customs agent refused everything else haha. My duties for the P10-S's came out to 212$.

11 minutes ago, cybersushi said:

Anyone have any success with getting recent stotz pants with HTS duties less than 16% (6203.42.45)? The cotton composition and lack of any synthetics/plumage really seem to limit any alternate codes. My assigned customs agent refused everything else haha. My duties for the P10-S's came out to 212$.

I'm in the same boat as you, would like any advice on getting this lowered.

Honestly, I'm starting to regret my purchase. I bought these impulsively because I have been trying to get a pair of black P10 for the longest time, but nearly $1500 after duty is insane!

13 hours ago, jasonlao said:

Just an update for my fellow Canadians; I didn't have to do this and only got charged tax and $10 brokerage fees, no duties!

same deal with me, which is a relief since i was expecting it to hurt a lot more

On 4/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, meccaNIZM said:

Ya... assuming Face 1 titanium 

I think "Frame" rather than face haha but agree this is the glasses.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, GFNS said:

SDF?

Spoiler

YPGMeme.png.198a449c79cf4b60a2ea8da0359a07e9.png

Edited by TIMDOT

quick first thoughts on j1a-gtpl: paclite jokes feeling a bit real right now. i've been considering a lighter jacket for awhile now and was regretting not picking up the j47a-ws from before, so i figured i'd give the paclite a try.

immediate impression on feeling it out was it seemed a bit cheap. the zippers, button studs, and the look of the paclite just reminded me of the chinese reps (but i guess this is just goes to show far along those have come). after wearing it out for a day i'm not unhappy with it, but the price point is DEFINITELY whack for paclite. 

R0000601.jpg

R0000602.jpg

R0000603.jpg

gt pro would've made this jacket one of the best but unfortunately being gt pl it gives off an overall cheap feel. i am still a fan of the asymmetrical blocking. $600 or so less and i wouldn't have any problems.

Edited by Kamikaze

Got mine too, yes the material doesn't feel as "premium" or rugged when comparing to GT Pro, but after wearing if for a while, I do appreciate the added softness. 

I did noticed one bad thing about J1A in GTPL: since the material is much softer than GT/Stotz, opening gravity pocket's inside button with one-hand is quite a bit more difficult than my GT jacket. doesn't bother me too much since i don't use it that often, but something to think about if you frequently take stuff in and out of it.

Overall I'm still pretty happy with it (without considering too much about pricing ofc) and asymmetrical blocking is indeed very nice. 

Two thoughts on the GTPL:

1. Keep in mind the original J1 was actually made in Paclite. Not sure if the original idea was that it was a jacket you'd be pulling on and off a lot (hence interops), but that use-case certainly seems to suite the material.

2. I actually like the drape of the GTPL a little more than the regular GT. Seems a little more... buttery?

Edit: hang on, I don't see internal jacketsling loops in those photos—is it only external, or is it just the way the jacket's resting?

Edited by junkie_dolphin

^there is indeed no internal side jacketsling loops. there is the one loop on the very top but i assume that's just for hanging the jacket on a hook.

i also agree it is a great jacket just not as "premium."

Just curious is the J1A-GTPL paclite same as the one used in J41 and J34-GTPL? The ones used in the latter have kind of a leather-like texture on the inner face but the one shown above looks a bit like the Gore-Tex Active on the inside.

has that leather-like texture inside

I just compared the inner face texture to my GT-J29's and it indeed is different. The one on the J29 is leather-like as @moneyless said, and the on in the J1A is smooth.

Here's a picture - top is GT-J29 and bottom is J1A-GTPL:

fUe8LJU.jpg

The picture makes it look like the J1A has a little bit of texture too but it's absolutely smooth to the touch, so it feels very different.

Edited by eyesolation

I hear you all on price, but I fear the reality is we're not going to be seeing Acronym Goretex Pro jackets going for less than $2,500 anymore. So IMO, although worries about "Acronym inflation" are fair, complaints about this specific jacket's price relative to what you're used to paying for e.g. the J1A-GT are misguided. So, putting price aside, I'm gonna be the outlier and say the J1A-GTPL is great.

it's the first paclite jacket I've owned, and I really like the drape. I've got a J43A-GT and while it's sick, it definitely tents out if I sit down or even lean a bit because GTX Pro is so rigid. This is much more like normal fabric. Dunno what you guys mean about feeling cheap, I'm not getting that vibe at all, though it's much lighter in texture. Feels like halfway between the J1A-GT and what I imagine a J1A-WS would feel like. And the color blocking is great. Also, while Acronym has made some great jackets, the J1A is really just... something else.

As for performance, we'll  have to see when the rain comes... my understanding is that they've done a few iterations of paclite and it's improved since the first cuts, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

The lack of internal jacket sling loops is a real bummer. Of all the neat gimmicks and features Acronym has, I've found the jacket sling setup far and away the most useful.

Overall, I'm not sure whether to keep it. I've a GT-J34 in the mail and I'm going to sell one of the two, so I guess I'll decide when that arrives.

Edited by eidolarr
typo