Acronym.

Westbrook

I know this is a lot to ask (unironically) but what if instead of nitpicking about single throwaway phrases in otherwise great posts, we add to the convo?

2021ish doesn’t seem too far fetched to me in terms of sales. that run of j1bs during the multi season in fw20 could be the best they’ve ever done given the volume… they sold out pretty much everywhere and there were a lot of stockists and colorways.

Where would you put the peak, spitballing? Or, where would you say the decline started, if at all? In terms of designs, or in terms of business?

7 hours ago, keynezk said:

Well, what I heard, Haven didn't quit. Haven was cancelled.

You hear why? They run a sale?

For those of you looking to find for sale items, just click ‘Stockists’ at the bottom page of mothersite and go through the list, more than 50% of USA stockists are already providing Black Friday discounts on acr. Also, if ur in LA for Black Friday, their warehouse sale knocks 80% off. I know someone who purchased J1B-GT last year for $380 cash. 

P15-DS are $498, J115-GT is $1206, J110TS-GT is $1148 on Atelier New York. 

J111TS-CH is $791 on Somewhere Washington D.C.

Just go through the list, chances are you'll find a good deal for something you didn't want to pay retail for.

Personally, just purchased P30AL-DS from HBX for $720.

Edited by mariahscarry
sale examples

17 hours ago, beepy said:

speaking of old designs, sales, and cops - any feedback on the j111? only saw one post from someone who actually got one saying the fabric wasn't great. knit hem and cuffs are meh but on sale it'll be cheaper than a j4...

I bought one. I never wear it for the reasons above; also the cuffs are not tight enough. I bought the "Schwarzgrun" because I have a "Schwarzrot" jacket that I like but it just looks like a crappy black dye job!

2 hours ago, DeadHype said:

Isn’t the schwarzgruen ment to look like worn out black items from the early days? 

maybe . . . I had a black J1A in gaberdine with a really nice patina, but it doesn't look anything like that. I am at a loss for words to describe it. 🙂

Edited by roofus
spelling

23 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

Who cop’d a J70? I got hit with $170 import fee.. anyone successfully got this fee reduced in the USA? 

Probably correct at ~16% You could use the copy to provide documentation for water resistance, but I don't see which code that would apply for wool. I've only used ones for Gore (man made fiber) and Stotz (cotton).

image.png.4c08a509720344e530ed5127e2bb3acf.png

3 minutes ago, wexler said:

Probably correct at ~16% You could use the copy to provide documentation for water resistance, but I don't see which code that would apply for wool. I've only used ones for Gore (man made fiber) and Stotz (cotton).

image.png.4c08a509720344e530ed5127e2bb3acf.png

Yeah, I didn’t want to annoy the rep so I just paid it lol

On 11/21/2023 at 6:30 PM, beepy said:

speaking of old designs, sales, and cops - any feedback on the j111? only saw one post from someone who actually got one saying the fabric wasn't great. knit hem and cuffs are meh but on sale it'll be cheaper than a j4...

14 hours ago, roofus said:

I bought one. I never wear it for the reasons above; also the cuffs are not tight enough. I bought the "Schwarzgrun" because I have a "Schwarzrot" jacket that I like but it just looks like a crappy black dye job!

I’d buy that for a dollar

Edited by scamster

14 hours ago, scamster said:

Anyone cop the j70-bu? Interested what you think of it?

OK, UPS just dropped the J70-BU. The box is huge; its contents are heavy! Inside the Jacket is big, stiff, and blocky. The material is thick like felt.  It is really scratchy so you will probably have to wear a shirt AND undershirt underneath unless you are a rhinoceros. It is much scratchier than the J65-KM. It has French cuffs, rather than barrel cuffs.

This jacket goes into my "What-was-I thinking?" part of the closet. I have no idea where or how to wear it!

2 hours ago, roofus said:

OK, UPS just dropped the J70-BU. The box is huge; its contents are heavy! Inside the Jacket is big, stiff, and blocky. The material is thick like felt.  It is really scratchy so you will probably have to wear a shirt AND undershirt underneath unless you are a rhinoceros. It is much scratchier than the J65-KM. It has French cuffs, rather than barrel cuffs.

This jacket goes into my "What-was-I thinking?" part of the closet. I have no idea where or how to wear it!

@roofus thanks for that, thought what the hell and ordered it this morning. planning to wear it with a hoodie if I keep it but will probably melt with the both of them on, even in the uk winter I tend to overheat with just a tee and light jacket, I know I’m weird. stupidly let go of my sisp tech wool blazer and been looking for another one or something else to replace it.

how’d you find the size? I know it’s meant to be a little oversized but grabbed my usual large hoping it’ll be ok.

1 hour ago, DeadHype said:

This is large on me, it’s quite boxy but if you want to layer you should be good. Also with a thin longsleeve or sweater it will work out. I am really curious how the material will develop with wear. 

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0970.jpeg

what's the fire extinguisher for? . . . asking for a friend!

1 hour ago, scamster said:

@roofus thanks for that, thought what the hell and ordered it this morning. planning to wear it with a hoodie if I keep it but will probably melt with the both of them on, even in the uk winter I tend to overheat with just a tee and light jacket, I know I’m weird. stupidly let go of my sisp tech wool blazer and been looking for another one or something else to replace it.

how’d you find the size? I know it’s meant to be a little oversized but grabbed my usual large hoping it’ll be ok.

It fits somewhat large. ACR call it a straight fit but it's on the big side. You should be fine with your usual size.

4 hours ago, scamster said:

light color tech wool blazers the best sisp heritage❣️ 

Just visited Darklands and, wow. Such an incredible store, anyone visiting Berlin must visit. They do not allow photography and even if they did, photos could not possibly serve justice to its greatness. Almost felt like I was in a Burial music video haha.

Was able to try on J70 in black/medium. Usually i’m a large in acronym but the jacket still fit, but snug. Even in a large I doubt I would manage to fit a hoodie underneath. Fabric is superb face to face, a little bit itchy but the owner mentioned he purchased the size large and it’s softened up after only wearing it a few times. 

I really enjoyed the wrist cuff closure design, and the button front closure has a layer underneath to keep cold air out. The jacket definitely exceeded my expectations. I will purchase it later on when it goes on sale.