Acronym.

Westbrook

12 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Lets talk Coats.

Has anyone over the years had an Acrnm coat that they really enjoyed?

I'm partial to the J46-S. It seems to be the right amount of everything. Versatile, simple and great.

J33-E was pretty slept on, but I'm a huge fan of it. I would love an opportunity to own a J62-PB or J38-LP, though

16 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Lets talk Coats.

I'm partial to the J46-S. It seems to be the right amount of everything. Versatile, simple and great.

only own jackets but would love a j36l-s (j39-s lol)

Edited by futurecowboy2099

The J62-PB is a great coat. All the J62 coats are excellent! I don't know why they didn't call it the J62-FO?

anyway . . . the coat is stylish and waterproof. The only caveat is that the exposed Gore-Tex membrane is vulnerable and you have to be careful when wearing it.

My dog jumped on me during a walk in the rain and his nails raked down one side of the coat. The damage was not readily noticeable and I think the coat is as waterproof as ever . . . but be careful of sharp objects (and Bull Terriers) damaging it.

Many people have complimented me on how stylish the coat is. When I tell people to feel the material . . .they are amazed. They think it is some kind of leather.

1 hour ago, roofus said:

The J62-PB is a great coat. All the J62 coats are excellent! I don't know why they didn't call it the J62-FO?

anyway . . . the coat is stylish and waterproof. The only caveat is that the exposed Gore-Tex membrane is vulnerable and you have to be careful when wearing it.

My dog jumped on me during a walk in the rain and his nails raked down one side of the coat. The damage was not readily noticeable and I think the coat is as waterproof as ever . . . but be careful of sharp objects (and Bull Terriers) damaging it.

Many people have complimented me on how stylish the coat is. When I tell people to feel the material . . .they are amazed. They think it is some kind of leather.

At the beginning they named Shakedry materials based on its performance "persistent beading" (PB). Started from J67-FO (please correct me if I am wrong) they renamed it to FO which is going for the construction of the material "film out" (FO)

4 hours ago, keynezk said:

Overall, J86 combines 3 different times in 3 dimensions: Now (fabric), 50s American workwear(silhouette), and Medieval(arm pattern). 

Triangle of Happiness

PS. English is not my first language. I'm making a video for this but in Chinese. If you speak Chinese you might already watch my previous videos.

If you don't, remember these are the most interesting parts so you won't miss a lot.

Thank you for delving into the details of this jacket. Acronym delivering a workwear jacket was something I had been eagerly anticipating for a long time, and right from its initial release, I could sense that it was more than just impressive in terms of patternmaking.

My primary question now pertains to the user experience. I've noticed that this jacket sold out almost immediately, despite its high price, indicating a significant demand from ACR fans for GTB I presume (Based on P38 in GTB selling out immediately vs. the GT iteration now sitting). However, since the release of the J86, I've noticed a substantial number of them being resold, and when I say 'many,' I mean 'NG-4 many.' This leads me to believe that despite the jacket's initial appeal, it may fall short of expectations when actually worn.

Edited by mariahscarry
typo

On 9/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, bboysparrow said:

Lets talk Coats.

Currently have a J46-WS & J46U-WS (also had a stotz one briefly). Like them a lot but don't wear them much here in SoCal. Picked up a J61-WS from a member and it's my favorite. Easy to wear for me at least. Surprisingly, it kept me dry when I was at a music festival that was pouring all night.  

J61-GTV and J82-WS look appealing to me though

On 9/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, bboysparrow said:

Lets talk Coats.

I love the J82 - WS,  so many different ways to wear it! And it is such a long jacket, looks super cool having the one leg pop out of the jacket due to the off center zipper while walking.

Let's dive into new designs.

With numerous reiterations of past highly-desired designs, it often feels like truly fresh designs can sometimes get lost in the mix. Has anyone noticed any genuinely innovative designs that stand out, and if so, what makes them stand out?

I'm on the verge of purchasing the J87-WS, and several aspects are catching my attention. Firstly, the fabric choice - WS is a personal favorite due to its excellent functionality, being packable, lightweight, waterproof, and providing year-round comfort. The ability to switch the Jacket Sling from the back to the front is intriguing and something I'd like to test. The addition of back pleated detailing for backpack coverage, while I don't use backpacks frequently, is certainly interesting. The Storm Hood detailing, especially with the collar closed, not only looks stylish but also seems practical for heavy rain situations. Lastly, the chest pockets appear to serve their purpose exceptionally well.

@mariahscarry

i picked this up like three months ago, here are my thoughts so far.

This is my first ws piece and it works great for me, I hope it will also do so when it gets colder and more rainy. I am not sure how it will hold up in the long run as its seems to be very delicate and thin.  Also I have no experience with delamination on ws.

I used it with a 3a-5ts which worked nice, all smaller bags are no problem. I just ordered a morph backpack from bagjack, I think this will also work great with the jacket. Mounting the sling on the front is not necessary if you don’t use a fully loaded big bag. 
The hood design is super Ninja and depending on how far you zip the jacket you can get different levels of protection.

Fully zipped up and with the elastic bands adjusted you are definitely storm proof. The brim offers nice protection for my glasses too. 
I did not put the chest pocket to heavy use but the smaller outside pocket is cool to just put your phone in on the go to keep the hands free, the inner layout is practical. 

So yeah, overall I really like this jacket and It never failed me so far or was too much. I am looking forward to wear it with a j117 underneath. 
Hope this helps. 

Edited by DeadHype

50 minutes ago, mariahscarry said:

I'm on the verge of purchasing the J87-WS, and several aspects are catching my attention. Firstly, the fabric choice - WS is a personal favorite due to its excellent functionality, being packable, lightweight, waterproof, and providing year-round comfort. The ability to switch the Jacket Sling from the back to the front is intriguing and something I'd like to test. The addition of back pleated detailing for backpack coverage, while I don't use backpacks frequently, is certainly interesting. The Storm Hood detailing, especially with the collar closed, not only looks stylish but also seems practical for heavy rain situations. Lastly, the chest pockets appear to serve their purpose exceptionally well.

gonna be honest, i have not used the backpack coverage once and rarely switch the jacket sling. but the j87 has quickly become my go-to for doing literally anything in the rain (from long rides on the bike to quick runs to the corner shop) and is propably my favorite new jacket design of the past few years. i thought it'd be a lot more popular but i guess mothersite pictures make it look a little odd, especially with the hunchback activated.

1 hour ago, blutspender said:

gonna be honest, i have not used the backpack coverage once and rarely switch the jacket sling. but the j87 has quickly become my go-to for doing literally anything in the rain (from long rides on the bike to quick runs to the corner shop) and is propably my favorite new jacket design of the past few years. i thought it'd be a lot more popular but i guess mothersite pictures make it look a little odd, especially with the hunchback activated.

I'll take odd over boring any day lol.

On 9/19/2023 at 8:40 PM, bboysparrow said:

Lets talk Coats.

Hi everyone! I just joined Superfuture, and this looks like a great first discussion.

I've only ever owned two Acronym coats - an old beater E-J2 and a J1L-GT. The J1L-GT was an impulse buy because it was in stock at the time but I quickly learned it didn't really offer much more than a J1A-GT already did, so I got rid of it. Last year I bought an old E-J2 for cheap just to have, and I know it isn't the most loved design but I quite like it a lot, holes in the fabric and all. You might say it's more of a parka than a true coat and I would agree with you, though. All that being said I have been keeping my eye out for a J46-FO because they look super cool, and I almost sprang for the J93-GTPL (but I'm glad I didn't in the end) and was pretty sad when J99U-WS sold out in my size.

Edited by kinson11

yeah, not sure what material it is... people seem to be speculating -m, but im willing to say -ds TBH. For one that shade of grey is already seen in DS pants like p41, but secondly because i believe it to be the same pant as what we see in the LA6K-DS photos, where the material looks too loose to be -E.
that being said i havent the slightest clue 

On 9/21/2023 at 3:39 PM, DeadHype said:

Anyone knows if the HL on the retailer j117 will be same as the EX version shown on Insta?

judging by the photos we have seen posted on here, theres differences  but they are minor, -EX has a black zip and different cuffs (i dont see the cuff difference, but apparently is so.)... Im waiting for retailer sales fs.

On 9/23/2023 at 5:43 AM, goretexgirl said:

judging by the photos we have seen posted on here, theres differences  but they are minor, -EX has a black zip and different cuffs (i dont see the cuff difference, but apparently is so.)... Im waiting for retailer sales fs.

Yeah, the details are pretty nice on the ms exclusive and will definitely change the all over look a lot. I am curios if the main material will be the exact same on both versions.

On 9/24/2023 at 2:03 AM, DeadHype said:

Yeah, the details are pretty nice on the ms exclusive and will definitely change the all over look a lot. I am curios if the main material will be the exact same on both versions.

should be, both are -HL... it would be weird for them to make a change like that.