Acronym.

Westbrook

12 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

I was initially bummed because P23A-DS in S was sold out and I had to buy a M instead. But the waist is so huge anyway that I'm wondering if it matters. The cinches work great, looks and feels much better than, say, P10's in M would.

I am in the exact same situation, was hoping to get a S size. Was stuck in the Hanon site jam at the start of the drop, went to the acrnm site and only M size P23A-DS left, so I copped that. I also have a P10TS-DS in M but it is a little loose so I have to wear it with a belt; so I'm a little worried at how much leeway I can actually push that draw-cord waistband of the P23... anyway, I received shipping notification from acrnm. We will see in a few days time...

18 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

If you're over 5'9 then medium will probably look better anyway. The 23s look retarded with the hems half way up your leg and the cuff tight....

Case in point

I was just gunna say that haven modeled a size S on someone who is pretty much the same size as the acr guys, and the acr site styling looked way better to me. The p23 in sz s on someone that height looked too short.

1 hour ago, Gradient said:

Anyone receive order confirmation for the J28-gt sz large from hanon? I ended up purchasing twice due to site crashes but the pending payments refuse to disappear.

When I checked their site 45 minutes after the drop there was 1 J28 left in large. When I went to check out it said it was out of stock, you could still add to cart. I tried checking out a few times an eventually it worked. I got an instant confirmation and it's already shipping.

I feel you there in principle. If I know my size is S but they have only XL left, obviously I'm not going to get it.

But the sad reality is that the system is now "buy immediately without thinking, decide later." There's no time for fitting rooms to figure out whether you're S vs M, or M vs L. If you don't buy, it will be gone the moment you put it back on the rack. In fact, someone ordered the P23A's I was studying as I was trying them on, maybe 60 seconds after the store opened.

I figure, in the worst case I sell a piece to someone on here directly, at the price I paid; that way I at least know it's probably going to a legit fan rather than some bot reseller.

11 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

In fact, someone ordered the P23A's I was studying as I was trying them on, maybe 60 seconds after the store opened.

How is this even possible? If you physically had the item in hand, how can they purchase it? I'm not familiar with limited in-store releases.

43 minutes ago, RodG said:

When I checked their site 45 minutes after the drop there was 1 J28 left in large. When I went to check out it said it was out of stock, you could still add to cart. I tried checking out a few times an eventually it worked. I got an instant confirmation and it's already shipping.

I'm pretty sure I attempted something similar too. I'm glad yours went through. I'm salty as my CC overdrafted with the two attempts.

9 minutes ago, X.bee said:

How is this even possible? If you physically had the item in hand, how can they purchase it? I'm not familiar with limited in-store releases.

I think they have the items in inventory set to go live at 11AM, and as soon as that happens it's available online. Whether you have an item in your hand or not, if someone buys it through the website before you've swiped your card and gotten your receipt, it's removed from the inventory. Luckily the guy working the register was reasonable, since I'd been outside waiting for the store to open, but there's no hard and fast rule about what happens.

It was a pretty crazy experience, actually. This is a boutique store that wouldn't otherwise have people lining up outside or stuff flying off the shelf. They let us in at ~10:58. I guess they had their ipad tied to online orders, because every time anyone bought online something it made a cash register sound; at about 11:00:20 it started going off constantly. The guy was like "can you grab the P23A in large, the J64, and the P23-S in small - wait, two P23-S in small."

Edited by eidolarr

15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

which store was this?

This was Hotoveli. Totally slept on last year, I strolled in late afternoon and they had almost full stock. This year there were 3 people outside waiting for it to open (I was one of them) and it was all gone in S/M within minutes. for the P23A they only had S,M,M,L so they may have had less stock as well.

1 hour ago, cornerska said:

That seems kind of absurd. Previously I was under the impression that items in the store are meant to be reserved for in-store sales, and the online orders should come from a separate stock that is not on the floor.

Ideal, but unrealistic, especially when we're talking about boutiques, which by very definition are small outfits. Most don't have the infrastructure, or let alone space, to stock that many items. With Acronym it's a whole nother lever of complexity: pieces are too expensive for a store to purchase several of, even if they wanted to; plus ACR itself is supply constrained so it can't provide the numbers retailers may want.

3 hours ago, skycrawler said:

I am in the exact same situation, was hoping to get a S size. Was stuck in the Hanon site jam at the start of the drop, went to the acrnm site and only M size P23A-DS left, so I copped that. I also have a P10TS-DS in M but it is a little loose so I have to wear it with a belt; so I'm a little worried at how much leeway I can actually push that draw-cord waistband of the P23... anyway, I received shipping notification from acrnm. We will see in a few days time...

Buy a belt. 

43 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Ideal, but unrealistic, especially when we're talking about boutiques, which by very definition are small outfits. Most don't have the infrastructure, or let alone space, to stock that many items. With Acronym it's a whole nother lever of complexity: pieces are too expensive for a store to purchase several of, even if they wanted to; plus ACR itself is supply constrained so it can't provide the numbers retailers may want.

I suppose I don't really know the first thing about the process of operating a small inventory, high price retailer. Considering the prices vs something like the archetypal fashion houses, I would assume that margins on Acronym are far smaller. Which could have the potential to seriously harm the longevity of these boutiques if they get stuck with any dead inventory at all? I'm interested to see where this is going over the next few seasons, with the influence of the hype I expect Acronym to continue to raise the prices until they find their price equilibrium on the number of sales made (It's been ages since I took economics, if someone can help me on the name of this concept). After which point, one might assume that they would use the excess revenue to expand the brands production and bring prices back down? Is it even possible to create an economy of scale on a product that is intended to be on the cutting edge year after year?

3 hours ago, cornerska said:

That seems kind of absurd. Previously I was under the impression that items in the store are meant to be reserved for in-store sales, and the online orders should come from a separate stock that is not on the floor.

they could always do the instore drop first then release whatever stock is leftover online like darkside. would please the people who spent their time to go down to the store worth while although stock might not remain for online :D