Acronym.

Westbrook

Call me crazy but i sent my P10-CH back and got the P10-S. I just couldn't make that bluey colour work for me, I didn't feel it worked well with black, looked great with white sneakers but a black top block just didn't feel good for me. And obvz raf greens are out of the equation unless i'm going to some colour blind convention.

Damn, that's kind of a deal breaker. Thanks guys.

Actually, would dyeing them darker be an option or would that completely ruin them? CH seems comfier than stotz but I would prefer black over night.

Samuel Beckenstein would turn in his grave at the thought of you dyeing a pair of $600 trousers made out of a beautiful Swiss night blue coloured fabric. It's your money at the end of the day but in my opinion, if you want black, just buy the Stotz. Don't get me wrong, that night blue is gorgeous, I just couldn't get it to work with my current wardrobe, ymmv.

So yesterday there was a flash storm here. With very little warning a torrential downpour struck the city just as I left home to get some sushi. So, walking from my house through the city to the store is about a 10 minute walk. I left home looking like this:

4GQvNLO.jpg

GT-J22, P10-E, and some vans slip-ons. I didn't actually know the storm was about to hit so I wouldn't really call this prepped. 

Anyway, after 3 minutes of raining sideways my shoes were miniature pools for my feet. The P10s did an admirable job of keeping my legs dry but the front-thigh panels did wet through. I think that part of the pant takes the most water, because the back of the pant and the calf still beaded the whole time. The GT obviously didn't wet through, but it being a J22 that didn't stop me getting wet. The front of my tshirt got soaked, but the back was fine. I guess more water gets in through the front of the collar than the back?

After 10 minutes I'd made it to the store and started returning home. Used the jacket sling for the J22 because the rain had stopped at that point and the sun was out. By the time I had walked home, the P10s were about halfway dry again. The J22 was bone dry. My shirt was still soaked, and my shoes were still sloshing about with water. I would have taken an 'after' photo by my phone got water damaged and won't turn on.

Take note kids: don't leave you phone in the pants phone pocket when it rains. Water gets in there very easily.

Edited by Sypron

Has anyone handled the Nemen J43-K and can comment on its thickness/ how substantial the fabric is? The reason I ask is that the features and treatment interest me but I don't know how well it will hold up as an outerwear piece in Australian winter (10 degrees celcius at the worst that kind of thing)

Following up question on the -ch "night" discussion. Someone mentioned that the color change from "almost black" to blue depending on the lighting, but that it doesn't match well with black.

How would you guys describe the shade of blue then? In the pics on acrnm gmbh the color seems to be darker version of the petrol color used in previous collections but in closeup shots at sites like end it looks live navy.

Basicly, would -ch products go well with navy, or would the shades clash?

Edited by Endless

Following up question on the -ch "night" discussion. Someone mentioned that the color change from "almost black" to blue depending on the lighting, but that it doesn't match well with black.

How would you guys describe the shade of blue then? In the pics on acrnm gmbh the color seems to be darker version of the petrol color used in previous collections but in closeup shots at sites like end it looks live navy.

Basicly, would -ch products go well with navy, or would the shades clash?

The CH is basically Midnight Blue (like tuxedo blue-black). They make ipad mini covers that are about 1-2 shades lighter than the pants if you need something more concrete.

IMO, I'd push for heather grey/white/dark grey/off white ("natural fiber") with it versus trying to make them darker. I think the differences in shades navy would make it look awkward. Would look great with the past season J1A-LP.

I seriously considered buying the J1A-LP just to go with the P10-CH. And then the sesnsible part of my brain started considering the financial implications of just buying loads more expensive jackets, tops and shoes just to go with a pair of trousers that weren't black.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Hey you looked sharp in your RAF Green / Olive P10 ensemble! ;)

That is official 2015 fuccboi statement

Yup because fretting about how "night" won't match my all-black-everything #techninj wardrobe isn't the least bit fuccboi right? Even when the modacrylic + cotton + elastene Industrial Microtwill blend is superior to High-density Gaberdine in every conceivable way in day-to-day wear. But no, that's not an important enough factor to consider. Nope.