Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

I don’t have that issue on my 601RB. Or at least it isn’t very pronounced yet. Had 4-5 washes. Started a pair of 47s now. Let’s see how that goes. The fly is crazy long. 

Didn’t jeans become popular when American servicemen on duty in Europe and Japan wore them when off-duty?

the gig line being off was probably desirable. 

4 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

I can’t stand the look of a long tee or shirt sticking out a few inches under a denim jacket. 

This. A little peak may - with emphasis on the may - pass muster but, for me, it's tucked under a type 1.

'To tuck or not to tuck' is an age old connundrum.

With longer chore jackets where there's no peaking, untucked can be ok imo. However if the shirt is super long, we're getting into dress territory. 

Edited by MJF9

3 hours ago, MJF9 said:

This. A little peak may - with emphasis on the may - pass muster but, for me, it's tucked under a type 1.

'To tuck or not to tuck' is an age old connundrum.

With longer chore jackets where there's no peaking, untucked can be ok imo. However if the shirt is super long, we're getting into dress territory. 

Indeed. I avoid this problem by essentially avoiding button down shirts altogether! Exceptions made for dressier settings but then there are no jeans and no type 1s there. 

@shredwin_206 it’s as good an excuse as any and I’d do it if I did that work. 

I just sold a 507XX jacket today on eBay and found out the buyer is a costume designer, and the jacket will be used for Ridley season 2 on ITV. Don't know which character will be wearing it but I'll keep my eyes peeled when season 2 is released. 

13 hours ago, JMS said:

And the RBs, which need minor crotch repairs. Love the roping going on. 

20240119_142936.jpg

20240119_143002.jpg

That is nice roping. Original hem?

24 minutes ago, Broark said:

@Dr_Heech Yes I'll be getting the '42 tux, going with my usual w36 and size 46 on the jacket.

Thanks mate, just wondered as the fella from Hoosier said the 42 model is wider on the waist and suggested moving down a size from my usual 601xx 47's, which were a size 33.

I used to have some size 32 47s but they became too tight so am just curious as don't want to mess up.

The guy from Hoosier said he'd pre-order me a pair of size 32 and 33 in non-wash and then go from there (?)

Edited by Dr_Heech

Once they arrive he’ll provide measurements and shrink information so you’re all set. I’ve always worn 36 in FW jeans, they end up a little big in the waist but I prefer it these days. The cut is a blend of the 37 and 44-45 jeans. Little larger waist / seat with a mild taper. Go with Seiichiro’s suggestion, he won’t lead you astray. ;)

I know it’s not the most popular approach but I always take the same size even when the waist is a little bigger (or smaller) - I’ve found that the small variations just reflect the cut, rather than trying to shoehorn every pair of jeans (and trousers) into finding the ‘perfect’ size/fit.

@Dr_Heech listen to Hoosier. Some people had similar issues with the 1937 like @LazyS who ordered his normal size and they are much bigger/roomier. 
I got lucky and sized down from a 33 to a 32 in my 1937 and they fit perfect. 

34 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Dr_Heech listen to Hoosier. Some people had similar issues with the 1937 like @LazyS who ordered his normal size and they are much bigger/roomier. 
I got lucky and sized down from a 33 to a 32 in my 1937 and they fit perfect. 

Cheers Shred, l have bought from Hoosier before and enjoy the honest communication. Their measurements haven't let me down yet. I will take their advice and wait for clear measurements of both sizes before making my choice. 

@Dr_Heech I'm planning to pass on the 42s mate as I've got a few tuxes on the go as it is. I'd already put an order in for the new SC 43s... though before the actual sizes are announced so we'll see how that turns out. 

To Duke's point, I kept the same size 34 with the 37s. Yeah they're a big bigger on the waist but jeans soon mould to you anyway and also think it works with the cut. I'm sure the size 33 would be work ok too. 

Seiichiro is a top man so sure he'll take care of you. 

7 hours ago, Broark said:

@Dr_Heech Yes I'll be getting the '42 tux, going with my usual w36 and size 46 on the jacket.

I was interested as well, but had to force myself to do a no buy year.

* two pockets Tees pre-ordered in Dec. (they don’t really count) 

* 36x30 pair of 47s when/if they come again

Supply Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy

S.A.B.L.E.

to fight the urge and fill the time I used to spend shopping, I’m trying to make things now.

Looks really good @Broark. Does look slicker without the hood and if you don’t have much snow and rain then why not remove. Avoids the old ‘look deep into the parka’ style:

Edited by unders

I’m glad it got below freezing for you to test it out!

Haha meanwhile I’ve had sub zero windchills the past 10 days or so and am busy layering merino base, and lined denim jackets under a cheap old everlane parka. Still works but maybe not as stylish I’ll admit. 

But actually today we’re above freezing so I’ll go the same route sans parka. 

26 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

It fits perfectly!

And that's why I keep coming back for more, their stuff is patterned so well!
Now I just need to move to a much colder climate. :D