Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a PM asking about measurements on my 1951, so thought for reference it would be good to add them here. Original owner had given these a soak and worn handful of times. I gave it a 40c machine wash inside out. I have since worn them for towards 2 months. These are measurements after that.

Waist: 33.2 inches

FR: 11.7 inches

BR: 15.5 inches

Upper thigh: 12.4 inches

Looking for this in a size 44. Klamp is sold out, Porky's doesn't carry it, and Speedway doesn't carry it.  I'm out of options now. :(

I'd be more than happy to do the Everitt Logging Co version but the measurements aren't going to fit me like the JM Paine does, based on my dealings with henleys.

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Looking for this in a size 44. Klamp is sold out, Porky's doesn't carry it, and Speedway doesn't carry it.  I'm out of options now. :(

I'd be more than happy to do the Everitt Logging Co version but the measurements aren't going to fit me like the JM Paine does, based on my dealings with henleys.

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

My personal bias says to email Speedway at info at speedway-shop.com and ask if they can order it for you.

Going against my interests, I see that McFly has it in stock:

http://mcflystore.web.fc2.com/stock/stock.html

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 2:45 PM, Niro said:

Lately i've developed a liking for soft 'vintagey' feel denim and also wearing straighter cuts with trainers in warmer weather. Thus I have been thinking about getting the 1951s for a few months now to wear in the summer, but decided against due to price and not being completely sure on the fit.

Anyway saw this hardly worn pair on the IH forum for £100, so couldn't resist. The waist measurement was about 1-2cm off in my opinion, but it's nothing a belt wouldn't solve so it's fine. Need to re-hem them also.

IMG_20170610_161758.jpg
IMG_20170610_161847.jpg

IMG_20170610_161207.jpg
IMG_20170610_161247.jpg

Are you still running these? This is one of my favourite fits that I remember seeing. I could certainly live with having a silhouette like this. How did you size yours? 

On 09/02/2018 at 1:19 AM, Iron Horse said:

Patch looks cool in its own way though :)

Sadly I had to sell off my w32 1947s; the upper thigh and crotch were too tight for me, especially on hot days, and made me chafe. Have to replace them sometime.

that's a shame. Definitely worth a rebuy i think. 

• 4 weeks later...

The jeans are good actually; denim is nice and hairy, with some slubbing. I tried to size down one a pair of the 601XX 1947 but just ended up being too small, and I had to sell them off. Will look to maybe get the new 1943's coming out at the end of the month:

PRT_6655_20180303.jpg

PRT_6656_20180303.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

^ looking fine!

one wash already? great looking fabric!

Yep, they're one-wash, but that's fine by me. :ph34r::P

30 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

You know you have to show us some fit pics now ;)

Will take some this evening or tmr morning. ^_^