The Flat Head

LFC4ever

i understand.....but there's still space in the waist....about an inch......and quite a number of ppl here go tts anyway

We're not recommending you size up to account for shrinkage in the waist. You should size up to accommodate your thighs. The thighs look fitted pre-soak, your particular pair will shrink a lot in the thigh so expect the thighs to be ridiculously tight post-soak.

Just a heads up.

What's the washing method for the winter flannel? I won't mind if it shrinks a bit. I'm mostly concerned about maintaining the softness.

Inside out, cold water wash, line dry. (Same as all jeans actually..)

haha yeah thats what i found out from reading also but scared it would be too tight on the waist after shrinking cause if im not wrong the raw will shrink to tag size and barely stretches out. Thigh is not really a concern to me.

If your thighs aren't too big, go for true to size, but you will lose almost 2" in the waist if you're soaking hot. In my experience Flat Head 3xxx denim shrinks significantly and doesn't stretch too much.

3XXX denim shrinks significantly and stretches significantly. I own the SE05BSP. My waist is 34.5", bought a Tagged 34 (which measured 34"), hot soaked to 32.5" and has stretched to 35". It was never really painful and as long as your thighs can handle it, you should be fine. If you have a waist of 72cm (~28.5), I'd buy the tagged 28 F310, hot soak and wear.

^ I'll post my RingRing fit pictures once I soak them.

I ordered a size 31, which should have been a size 33" waist. They actually measure out to a hair bigger than 34"

Overall, they're about 2 1/2" too big on the waist, and with the SE sizing guide stating that they should only shrink .75"(and stretch back out a full inch), they're probably gonna still be pretty big on the waist.

I'm not sure the exact points on a pair of jeans SE measures, but most of my measurements are coming up a tad bigger overall, than the size 31 listed states.

Im thinking mayybe I received a size 32, tagged a 31?

Either way, I love em and am hoping that I can get max shrinkage with a super hot soak.

I'm so disturbed right now.. we just got two of the nicest jackets i've ever seen at the store by Flat Head and i have SO many jackets that i never wear as it is that there's almost no way i can justify getting another one right now.

I need them both, one is a wool and leather perfecto jacket and the other is a wool varsity jacket with an Indian headdress on the back.