The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Has anyone owned both the 1XXX and 3XXX in the same cut, i.e. 1005 and 3005/F350 or 1001 and 3001/F310.

Any comments on the sizing and shrinkage on each type of denim?

I have the F350 and at some stage would like to own the 1005. My understanding is that they are sized the same so I would need to buy the same size in the 1005, but does anyone know if they shrink the same amount under similar conditions - washes, wear, etc?

we here in indonesia just held a denim exhibition for the second time.

(photos and review about the event --> http://moreyeah.blogspot.com)

also we announced the winner of INDIGO (Indonesian Denim Group) Denim Contest which supported by SelfEdge; the contest started February 1st & ended November 15th.

163266_1762954556340_1313370650_1917157_8000120_n.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

1st place: mcel

2nd place: nuk1 (his famous 710xx around sufu)

3rd place: zephyrboy

i think it's the right thread to post about this, because the first winner came out from Flat Head.

Congrats to the winner.

We're planning a bigger and better contest for next year with a special jean, and this time i'm going out to Jakarta to judge the contest in person.

thank you!

it would be great if some of sufu members outside Indonesia could attend in our next event :D

i will post more photos about the crowd, content, etc, if it's okay.

because i kinda confuse to search for the right thread to publish all of the photos. :(

thank you!

it would be great if some of sufu members outside Indonesia could attend in our next event :D

i will post more photos about the crowd, content, etc, if it's okay.

because i kinda confuse to search for the right thread to publish all of the photos. :(

You should create a new thread here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=15

in what universe does nuk1 not win that contest?

The judges thought the aging was too dramatic and aggressive looking, almost fake.

The judges thought the aging was too dramatic and aggressive looking, almost fake.

I concur. I'm not a huge fan of Samurai denim because most pairs that I see have too much contrast.

I think the SDA's looked superb, but it's hard to compare them from the one shot especially considering they're showing different sides of the jeans.

I'm assuming that the contest was sponsored/judged by other denim retailers too, given the bias Self Edge would have towards TFH.

I'm gonna need more pics of the FH's to really decide....but I can see what the judges meant with the Samurai's (not to discredit Nuk1, truly most impressive fading)...But really, that's Samurai's strong point (intense contrast fading, if that's your type)! Personally I might prefer the 103's but it's so hard to tell with just those photos...Anyways congrats to all on the beautiful pairs!