Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

103s are making me happy. Really liking the fit, but still not sure why these are considered a 'slim' cut. But these are impeccable jeans. Some pics as a SDA noob...

Crack in a bag

DSCN2280_872.jpg

inhale crack

DSCN2282_874.jpg

week old SDA natural indigo (top) and new SDA standard indigo...

DSCN2283_875.jpg

^ Very true, I like my 103s a lot but the notion of them being a slim cut is really a misnomer. They seem like a pretty straight cut to me, I don't have measurements in front of me but I'd say they are pretty similar to the1947 501 cut.

Surprisingly, at the same waist size, the LVC '47 501 are significantly slimmer.

Sugar Cane 2009 '47 repros are the closest I've worn so far to the LVC. You would think the 103 would be the same. But SDA seem to evade comparison, except maybe the KMW 1950 cut.

Just received some old school, size 27 SD103's (old arcs and tab). Totally diggin' the fit. They've been worn by the previous owner supposedly for about a month but no significant creasing was produced. The denim is surprisingly soft, but still really dark. Is this due to the wear of the previous owner or is the denim on the 103's typically like this? I'm only used to the 19 oz. denim on my 710s, so maybe I'm just not used to lighter denim... :D

Edit: totally loving the fit. this is the type of cut i've been hunting for since ever.

The hem is 8" on those 31, right?

Mine are roughly a 8.25 after a soak and wash. They've both been hemmed to 35" inseam when raw though.

ill have to get more evo pics of my 103's up once the rain clears a bit

i love this thread being bumped

Me too. I'd love to see some more evo pics. I'm appreciating the anti-hype slow fades these seem to promise.

@ Cheap - those look awesome - what are the stats on yours?

Surprisingly, at the same waist size, the LVC '47 501 are significantly slimmer.

Sugar Cane 2009 '47 repros are the closest I've worn so far to the LVC. You would think the 103 would be the same. But SDA seem to evade comparison, except maybe the KMW 1950 cut.

Wow I thought they would be fairly close in terms of measurements. I really do like SDA denim a lot, just wish there was a slightly slimmer cut available (not sure if there is, just going by BiG). Maybe I'll just size down on a pair of 103's next time, still a great jean though.

the SD-106 is a more slimmer cut. available at supderdenim.co.uk and dc4.de

the main differnce between LVC '47 and 103 (in my eyes) is, the 103 having a lower rise

I'm actually really amazed. The (14oz) 103 Nat indigo in size 30 waist I show above is noticeably roomier than the standard 103 in a 31 waist I also show.

The Nat indigo has a greater shrink rate, yet the cut is the same, but strangely, the regular 15oz 103 is much tighter and slimmer right now, much stiffer after soak, and less stretchy. The top-block is roomier on the nat indigo too, and it's an inch smaller sized.

Now that I've been wearing the standard 103s, I agree that there isn't as much of a difference between the LVC '47 501s and these except for the rise. Both are moderately slim fits.

thats not a skateboarding accident, thats stepping on his hems.

:P

I'm actually really amazed. The (14oz) 103 Nat indigo in size 30 waist I show above is noticeably roomier than the standard 103 in a 31 waist I also show.

The Nat indigo has a greater shrink rate, yet the cut is the same, but strangely, the regular 15oz 103 is much tighter and slimmer right now, much stiffer after soak, and less stretchy. The top-block is roomier on the nat indigo too, and it's an inch smaller sized.

Now that I've been wearing the standard 103s, I agree that there isn't as much of a difference between the LVC '47 501s and these except for the rise. Both are moderately slim fits.

:P

I've been told by Jacob at BiG that the 103XXs (natural indigo) run about 2 sizes bigger than the standard SD-103s, so your observations seem to be spot on with what he told me.

I've been told by Jacob at BiG that the 103XXs (natural indigo) run about 2 sizes bigger than the standard SD-103s, so your observations seem to be spot on with what he told me.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how the 16 oz. version of the SD-103 (D1387) runs size-wise? I'm looking at getting a pair, but not sure which size to order.

just some pic's of my 103's ive had them about 18 months and ive worn them about half the time . i can never get the colour right ,there darker in real life , i realy need to invest in a new camera (my last one broke into about 8 pieces after i droped it)

stuff001.jpg

stuff002.jpg

Guest redchris

Hello,

sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

I have a pair of SD 001's 36w 34L. Old arcs.

They shrank a bit on 1st soak but are still pretty roomy, too roomy for me really (and I hate skinny jeans).

Is it worth a really hot soak? I don't want the rise any less but I could do with less on the legs.

Will a hot soak destroy the patch?

cheers

Hello,

sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

I have a pair of SD 001's 36w 34L. Old arcs.

They shrank a bit on 1st soak but are still pretty roomy, too roomy for me really (and I hate skinny jeans).

Is it worth a really hot soak? I don't want the rise any less but I could do with less on the legs.

Will a hot soak destroy the patch?

cheers

From my experience, SDA's don't shrink a whole lot with just a cold soak. A hot soak or a machine wash on delicate cycle would probably shrink them a bit more, at least with RHT. The SD-001 is LHT, right? If that is the case, expect less shrinkage than with RHT.