Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Mow I'm stuck between sizes, I want to be able to wash these without worrying about shrinkage. I'm between a thirty and a thirty one, any input?

Are you getting the natural indigo or the regular SD-103? The regular SD-103 runs a bit on the small side, I would get the 31 for that one. The natural indigo SD-103 runs 1-2 sizes bigger, so you should go with a 30 or possibly even a 29 if you go with natural.

First time posting somewhat of a fit on here. Size 27 sd-103's:

yaya.jpg

I really love these jeans but the only problem I have is that when I sit down, the rise is pinching my sack, hahah. Idk if sizing up to a 28 would solve that issue or what. I might just suck it up though and beat these things up... fit-wise, what do you guys think? :o

Are you getting the natural indigo or the regular SD-103? The regular SD-103 runs a bit on the small side, I would get the 31 for that one. The natural indigo SD-103 runs 1-2 sizes bigger, so you should go with a 30 or possibly even a 29 if you go with natural.

I'm going with the natural indigo, so I guess I'll stay with a 30. I'm looking for a flatteringly straight legged fit. Not overly tight but not overly relaxed.

First time posting somewhat of a fit on here. Size 27 sd-103's:

yaya.jpg

I really love these jeans but the only problem I have is that when I sit down, the rise is pinching my sack, hahah. Idk if sizing up to a 28 would solve that issue or what. I might just suck it up though and beat these things up... fit-wise, what do you guys think? :o

I think that fit looks really good, actually. How long have you been wearing them for? If not long, they might stretch to be more comfortable. SDA isn't known for stretching much, but you'll still get some.

I'm going with the natural indigo, so I guess I'll stay with a 30. I'm looking for a flatteringly straight legged fit. Not overly tight but not overly relaxed.

Sounds like the right choice to me.

SDA SP 013 @ 1.5 months wear, 1 hot soak (shot April 2nd, 2010, at point they still had minor shrinkage left). Pictures show the natural colour, and the lighting is natural and sunny.

studio+d%27artisan4.jpg

(Above: the light blue spot on the left thigh is now gone.)

studio+d%27artisan2.jpg

studio+d%27artisan3.jpg

studio+d%27artisan+5.jpg

Right now at aprox 4.5 months hard wearing, pictures coming when I can bug my gf to shoot them. I'm aiming for a 2 year mark on these.

SDA SP 013 @ 1.5 months wear, 1 hot soak (shot April 2nd, 2010, at point they still had minor shrinkage left). Pictures show the natural colour, and the lighting is natural and sunny.

Right now at aprox 4.5 months hard wearing, pictures coming when I can bug my gf to shoot them. I'm aiming for a 2 year mark on these.

+rep, those look great! I love that model and have been wanting to see evo pics of it for a while now. How did you size?

Additional info here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6624&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Cut is fairly similar to SD-101, maybe slightly slimmer in the hips and slightly more tapered. Very nice, probably the nicest SDAs that I've ever seen.

+rep, those look great! I love that model and have been wanting to see evo pics of it for a while now. How did you size?

I went with a size 33, which pre-soak measured 35. It's now comfy at 34, which is my ideal and true waist size.

Will get some more pics up soon.

New shots of SDA SP 013. After two more soaks they have become more snug, though the legs are still a bit roomy from the knees and down. I tanned my natural leather patch in the sun for many hours while on vacation in Majorca a few weeks ago, also using oil; thus the tanned colour. The cracks have happened through the soaking and the leather getting bent, and they have become more apparent through the tanning. After the third soak, which I did in the hotel room bath in Majorca, I wore them until dry. I avoided soaking them in the salty seawater, for fear of smell.

Fade-wise they have not changed a great deal, though I predict that after 7 more months of hard wear they will appear with stronger contrast.

Patch.bmp

Front.bmp

Back.bmp

Left+side.bmp

Right+side.bmp

That natural indigo sure takes a long time to fade, doesn't it?

Indeed, but the stubbornness of it will be an advantage in the long run. It keeps the deep natural indigo blue well in the various creases that have appeared, and those creases have actually become darker with the slow bleeding process. This was not visible in the above pictures, but train tracks have begun to show, probably from me sleeping in them often (I toss and turn a lot).

Indeed, but the stubbornness of it will be an advantage in the long run. It keeps the deep natural indigo blue well in the various creases that have appeared, and those creases have actually become darker with the slow bleeding process. This was not visible in the above pictures, but train tracks have begun to show, probably from me sleeping in them often (I toss and turn a lot).

Yeah, I agree. With how much these go for, you'd definitely want to keep them around for a while, and they are built to last. Keep us updated with evo pics!

Back again with some more pictures of my SP-013s (pushing 5 months of wear). First of all, my mascot, Mr. Billy Jeans:

Bamse1.bmp

Above: Mr. Billy Jeans enjoying himself in his SDA sleeping bag, guarding my golden spare buttons and rivets.

Now onto the 013s, shot in the evening sun in Battersea park, London, this Friday:

SDA1.bmp

SDA2.bmp

Above: 013s on the grass.

SDA3.bmp

Above: Coin-fade and Zippo-fade going on.

SDA4.bmp

Above: Lucky number(!?) 28!

SDA5.bmp

Above: I love the selvage line and colours.

SDA6.bmp

SDA7.bmp

Above: GF jeans-pose.