Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Here's another nice one coming out in December, the D1507. It's a limited edition model (120 total) that appears to have the same natural indigo 17 oz. denim used in last year's SP-013. This time, the cut appears to be based on the SD-103, similar to the recent Pants Shop Avenue collabs. Other details appear to be black jacquard pocket bags and yoke linings, a triple stitched yoke, and exposed rivets.

sdd1507.jpg

sdd1507_1.jpg

MSRP is a hefty 44,940 yen after taxes, but these look so cool, that I will probably cave and get a pair.

them some might tasty SDA, but the price is a killer.

Could not have said it better my self...that´s a hefty pricepoint! You can buy two pairs of really great denim for the same price.;)

Yoke lining and reinforcement detail on the inside of back pocket are great

I agree, I really like it. I own a pair of the SP-013 from last year, and they have the same yoke lining and back pocket reinforcement, only in indigo instead of black. That back pocket reinforcement is great for people who carry pocket knives in the back pocket.

them some might tasty SDA, but the price is a killer.

Definitely not in everyone's price range, but the MSRP is the same as the SP-013, and that one seems to be sold out everywhere with the exception of a few small sizes.

Price range is pretty standard for a natural indigo special edition from SDA. The XXX stuff is even more expensive.

lately ervery Ltd. Ed. from SDA have lined yokes...it's getting boring (in my personal view)

I think they've been doing it for years on DO-1s and limited/Xmas editions. I had a war model from 2007 which had yolk lining.

Price range is pretty standard for a natural indigo special edition from SDA. The XXX stuff is even more expensive.

I think they've been doing it for years on DO-1s and limited/Xmas editions. I had a war model from 2007 which had yolk lining.

Mike, what is the difference between the XXX models and the regular natural indigo models for SDA? Just the number of times the yarns are dipped in natural indigo?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, which war model did you get with the yoke lining?

Hey mate, the XXX denim are specially woven and are bottle or hank-dyed rather than rope-dyed I think.

The different components of the jeans are also higher quality - e.g. patches of cordovan, numbered tags, gold buttons, etc...with an emphasis on hand-made work (different stitching aspects are slightly altered).

I've never actually owned a XXX, just handled a couple in person - not for me though, price is a little on the crazy side.

The war model I had was the D1334, natural indigo special edition of autumn 2007 (since sold to another forum member). The new war models of 2010 also have olive-coloured yolk linings. More recent jeans featuring yolk lining include some of the 30th anniversary jeans, the new 23 oz models and the Xmas editions (Clipper and Indy) of 2009.

I think it's quite a common construction found on higher end SDAs.

The second pair SDA x PSA collaboration jeans is out now!

Much the same details as the first collab., but with 15oz denim on the 103 cut instead of the 21 oz.

Is there anything different about these from the standard SD-103 other than the custom patch and the placement of the cloth D'Artisan tab?

Also, they look one-washed in the pics, is that how they are sold?

Here's another nice one coming out in December, the D1507. It's a limited edition model (120 total) that appears to have the same natural indigo 17 oz. denim used in last year's SP-013. This time, the cut appears to be based on the SD-103, similar to the recent Pants Shop Avenue collabs. Other details appear to be black jacquard pocket bags and yoke linings, a triple stitched yoke, and exposed rivets.

sdd1507.jpg

sdd1507_1.jpg

MSRP is a hefty 44,940 yen after taxes, but these look so cool, that I will probably cave and get a pair.

My first post here, but wanted to say thanks for the heads-up on these SdA's. They look pretty damn good! I'm just wondering if BiG will end up stocking a few pairs. I believe Gordon is looking to do a natural indigo collaboration with one of the main japanese jeans makers so there may soon be a little more choice for natural indigo luvvers.

My first post here, but wanted to say thanks for the heads-up on these SdA's. They look pretty damn good! I'm just wondering if BiG will end up stocking a few pairs. I believe Gordon is looking to do a natural indigo collaboration with one of the main japanese jeans makers so there may soon be a little more choice for natural indigo luvvers.

I hope Gordon does get a few of these in, I'll probably get a pair from him if he does.

There is an SDA/BiG collab coming really soon, but it's not natural indigo.

I hope Gordon does get a few of these in, I'll probably get a pair from him if he does.

There is an SDA/BiG collab coming really soon, but it's not natural indigo.

That would be an interesting collab.

Yeah the natural indigo collaboration is with one of the other makers but since it is still in the talking stages I guess one shouldn't say who. Would be great if it came off though. The problem at the moment is that almost all of the natural indigo denim is not in a slim cut.

Is there anything different about these from the standard SD-103 other than the custom patch and the placement of the cloth D'Artisan tab?

Also, they look one-washed in the pics, is that how they are sold?

The 15oz denim is different, that's the main selling point.

Basically what the PSA collabs are trying to do is to combine their most popular cut (the 103) with better denim than the usual 103.

Not sure how they are sold, but you could always ask Naoki :)

That would be an interesting collab.

Yeah the natural indigo collaboration is with one of the other makers but since it is still in the talking stages I guess one shouldn't say who. Would be great if it came off though. The problem at the moment is that almost all of the natural indigo denim is not in a slim cut.

The 103 cut is readily available in natural indigo dyed denim - it's the 103-XX. At around 26000 yen, won't break the bank either!

Basically what the PSA collabs are trying to do is to combine their most popular cut (the 103) with better denim than the usual 103.

Not sure how they are sold, but you could always ask Naoki :)

The 103 cut is readily available in natural indigo dyed denim - it's the 103-XX. At around 26000 yen, won't break the bank either!

Thanks for that info Mike.

Doesn't the standard SD-103 have 15 oz. denim too? Or is this a different 15 oz. denim? Do you know what differences might exist between this and the standard 15 oz. denim?

^ From what I understand it is a different fabric, closer to the 15 oz stuff they used for some of the 30th anniversary products.

I'm not 100% sure though, haven't handled these in person - best ask Naoki.

This pair would be perfect for someone who wants stealth arcs (the back pocket stitching done in blue).

^ It's the attention to detail (every stress point double-reinforced, triple stitched waist, artisan's name embroidered on the yolk, etc - basically all the wizz-bang construction of SDA with a little bit extra bang) and the fact that it was completely hand-made by one experienced craftsman (Hirata-san) from start to finish. Oh, and apparently the denim is very nice :P

^ It's the attention to detail (every stress point double-reinforced, triple stitched waist, artisan's name embroidered on the yolk, etc - basically all the wizz-bang construction of SDA with a little bit extra bang) and the fact that it was completely hand-made by one experienced craftsman (Hirata-san) from start to finish. Oh, and apparently the denim is very nice :P

Mike, do you know if these use the standard SDA denim or something different? The description at PSA doesn't say anything about the denim used in this model.

^^ Hey mikecch - Are they also Ai dyed? If so, they are worth owning.
Mike, do you know if these use the standard SDA denim or something different? The description at PSA doesn't say anything about the denim used in this model.

Not sure about the denim or dye - I remember reading about this collaboration on the SDA blog back in April this year, mentioned something about thicker warp than usual.

Although at 42000 yen I doubt it would be the standard 15oz denim though.