Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

They'll regret it later.

I would not sell my ROYs ever - I've got the Roy Jean RN1 - Narrow Leg & Roy Jean RS2 Nihon - Straight Leg, Sz 30. I really like their fit and quality. The shit coming loose on the Roy SE-DUCK Pants is unfortunate, but I think it's a fluke...not normal for ROY. And the way SESF is handling the situation is stellar. SESF has got a customer in me for life, and so does ROY.

Even if I had to have fixed them myself, I still wouldn't have been annoyed. The way Kiya has handled (and probably Roy) just makes me feel more appreciated as a customer. Can't wait to get them back.

Yes, self edge is fucking awesome. There is not a company anywhere that has such great selection and fast shipping =) As well as awesome stores. I want everything every single time I go.

Any RS2 Updates?

I emailed Roy to ask him about the specs for the Nihon Menpu Denim - he replied saying that he'll definately dig them up..."They're in a drawer somewhere".

Will let you know what i find out.

If you want to know what the denim will age like, go check out the pics I posted of the tour jeans. They're made of the same denim.

^ ^ Im not quite sure if they are the same material - good chance though.

Just thought i'd see if there was a batch number and any info on the Dye etc.

I havent heard from Roy in a couple of weeks - will chase him up later today.

Side note: I see SE still have 2 pairs of the RS1 in a 28 for $160!

Wish I was a tad smaller - would stockpile those babies :)

^ ^ Im not quite sure if they are the same material - good chance though. Just thought i'd see if there was a batch number and any info on the Dye etc.

:)

Why would you email Roy for more information like dye or batch number? Don't you think he might be busy? Try Selfedge, they're the people who should be servicing the customer, rather than the guy who should be spending his time sewing the things.I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kiya who made the link with Nihon Menpu anyway.

Why would you email Roy for more information like dye or batch number? Don't you think he might be busy?

Iv'e spoken to him a couple of times - he didnt seem to mind.

It's not like im pestering him - havent chased him up for another response in a few weeks.

Maybe Kiya would know - just thought i'd go to the Creator first.

The denim on the WT jean and the RS2 is different, both are made by Nihon Menpu but the fabric is definitely different.

^^ Thanks Kiya... Since your here....Do you know any of the specifics of the RS2 Denim, such as batch type/no, dying process etc?

Im just curious to know a little more about the material.

Thanks

Nope, sorry. Roy picked it and bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

No new jeans till December or so.. Coming up first is indigo dyed canvas, jean style body.