Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

• 2 weeks later...

Took My Roy RS1 to Baallbeck Roman Ruins in Lebanon Last Wednesday.

rs1_beirut.jpg

To say that they were vast is something of an understatement

Jeans holding us very well after 10 months of wear - daily for first 3 months now approx 2 days a week. Im finding them very hard wearing with little fading.

Wont be wearing them too much now for a while - Showing some some Love to Ande Whall for 12months.;)

Thanks

Someone buy my RSIIs. The longer they hang around, the more I try to make them work and I just can't deal with the pressure on my gut any more. Size 30, but the waist has stretched out to 15.3. Two initial hot soaks to get all the shrinkage out. Inseam now resides at 35.5. If these fit, you'll be getting a sweet deal and permit me to buy a pair that fits.

Just had a long talk with Roy about this next batch of jeans coming out this week. I'm a bit stunned to find out exactly what the denim is... For the first time in over three decades Cone Mills has produced a run of unsanforized fabric. This fabric is actually produced for Roy to his exact specifications, only 500 yards were made. If you understand the way mills work this should sound like a flat-out lie. It's not. I myself have a hard time digesting the fact that this happened. It's a test to see how it pans out between Roy and Cone. This is serious history in the making.

Edited by kiya

Just had a long talk with Roy about this next batch of jeans coming out this week. I'm a bit stunned to find out exactly what the denim is... For the first time in over three decades Cone Mills has produced a run of unsanforized fabric for a brand besides Levi's. This fabric is actually produced for Roy to his exact specifications, only 500 yards were made. If you understand the way mills work this should sound like a flat-out lie. It's not. I myself have a hard time digesting the fact that this happened. It's a test to see how it pans out between Roy and Cone. This is serious history in the making.

You may be totally disregarding the denim for the ROYxCone contest right?

^exactly my thoughts. although that contest denim weren't really made after Roy's wishes...still it was a small and special run he was allowed to use.

Yup, exactly.

Interesting on the denim but is it going to be a different cut to the previous 'standard' Roys? One step closer to the true artisan though. Just need Roy to start producing his own denim and perfection is attained,

This new jean comes in two fits, straight and slim. Both are slightly modified from the past versions.

What gets me is the canvas lined coin pocket, don't believe i've ever seen this on a jean before.

Im in San francisco until Thursday/Friday of this week so I may stop by to see them.

Yup, come through, they go on sale thursday at noon. They won't actually be AT the store till before we open thursday.

Goddamn. I thought I was done buying jeans for the year... This is trouble. Can we safely assume they'll be available online at noon as well?

They'll go on sale online at 9am the same day.

what timing - Thursday's the first time i'll be in San Fran in 13 years. Looking forward to seeing Roy's product up close. Need something that fits like the PBJs xx05s.

Kiya is there any info (measurements) on his new release on the self edge site? Am not sure if im looking at the right thing. Good to know that you're still around here, havent been on Sufu in years.

Measurements will be up tonight.

We've received quite a few inquiries about the price of the new Roy jeans.

Roy's price to Self Edge has gone up and therefore our price has gone up, the new price is $335.

Roy has stated that not only did the denim itself cost considerably more than past runs but this jean was more labor intensive due to a few extra details not found on past jeans.

EDIT: The tendency to want to compare the price of a product from Roy to other brands we sell will be there, but please refrain. It's hard to compare a product like roy's to almost anything else we (or anybody else for that matter) carries because of the unique nature behind the production of it.

Also, he's having a little leather patch contest, more info to be posted to his own website shortly.

Just had a long talk with Roy about this next batch of jeans coming out this week. I'm a bit stunned to find out exactly what the denim is... For the first time in over three decades Cone Mills has produced a run of unsanforized fabric. This fabric is actually produced for Roy to his exact specifications, only 500 yards were made. If you understand the way mills work this should sound like a flat-out lie. It's not. I myself have a hard time digesting the fact that this happened. It's a test to see how it pans out between Roy and Cone. This is serious history in the making.

Puzzled.. by Unsanforized, do you mean unsinged? Unskewed? Loomstate?

(either way, sounds great of course)

My only solace lies in knowing I am part of a denim contest for the next year. It is also a relief that the last few productions have not had a 38W or measurements that would work for me. If this new run has a 38W I might lose it!!! I may just have to ignore SE and any Roy related news altogether.