Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Roy's Jeans - The Cone Mills Project - Straight & Narrow Fits

Roy Slaper is back with his first denim jean release in many months. This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced an unsanforized fabric for anybody, and therefore we feel that this is history in the making.

The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 13oz per square yard in it's raw state. The fabric has a slight gray-cast to it and feels far heavier than it's stated weight due to it's weave and loomstate nature.

The jeans themselves come in two fits, both a slim and a straight leg. Both silhouettes are slightly modified from past iterations of Roy's straight and slim fits.

Never content with just "doing another run", Roy has improved and tweaked everything surrounding the production of these jeans. The stitching of the body is even finer and more accurate and we love the fully lined back pockets and coin pocket; i don't believe we've ever seen a lined coin pocket on a pair of jeans before. The rear pocket hems now have a hand-done welt in them, mimicking the vintage style belt-loops found on many of the best Japanese brands. And last but not least the back pockets have been slightly reduced in size from past versions.

Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.

Roy RS03 - Straight Leg

ROY_RS03_01.jpg

Roy RN03 - Narrow Leg

ROY_RN03_01.jpg

ROY_RN03_03.jpg

ROY_RN03_04.jpg

ROY_RN03_07.jpg

ROY_RN03_06.jpg

ROY_RN03_05.jpg

Posted · Hidden by UkeNo, December 22, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by UkeNo, December 22, 2011 - No reason given

So I'm trying to decide on a size for the RS3 Straights.

This is my problem.

I have the RS1 in a size 32 which are slightly too small in the waist and a size 34 in the RS2 which are. Tad loose.

The logical (or not) conclusion would be to go for tag size 33 in the new model. But looking at the size charts I think the waist might be a bit snugg on a 32 and too loose on the 33 as the legs on the RS3's are wider than before.

Ahh the age old sizing question.

Kiya, dare I ask how to size these and how much shrinkage is likely to happen?

Thank guys

(apologies too - I know this question is done to death over this forum but I'm a bit stumped this time)

Cheers

really?? no 33s left? f*ck me. oh well, on to plan b...

Both SENY and SELA have some left if you'd like to place a phone order.

thanks, kiya. ordered.

re: goominim. he was just expressing his own opinion and added a good observation about lvc. i can't justify spending $200+ on jeans, and $300+ is just fiscally irresponsible with bills i have to pay. even IF they're made by hand. my way around it: i don't try to justify it.

i'm officially retiring from purchasing jeans for at least two years. i done maxed out my spending for 2011 and beyond. but what a way to go out!

thanks, kiya. ordered.

re: goominim. he was just expressing his own opinion and added a good observation about lvc. i can't justify spending $200+ on jeans, and $300+ is just fiscally irresponsible with bills i have to pay. even IF they're made by hand. my way around it: i don't try to justify it.

i'm officially retiring from purchasing jeans for at least two years. i done maxed out my spending for 2011 and beyond. but what a way to go out!

You're a good man if you can stick to that resolve.

sizing question, should i go true size on new Roy's? got the nihon with 32 tagged size for reference

Get a size 32 in the RS03, if you're going with the RN03 then maybe you should go up a size to 33.

popped by self edge a few days ago to try on the new Roys RN03 in a 28. The denim is a beauty and the leather patch is solid. Unfortunately was looking for a slim fit thats very close to the pbjsxx005 and these seem a little bit looser in the thighs!

Of course thats before shrinkage, if anyone has photos of the RN03s fit after initial wash, pls share!

You're a good man if you can stick to that resolve.

yup. and grooveholmes, i'm right there with you bro. let's give each other moral support. :) I always feel nauseous when I'm around "too much stuff"...and that's what motivates me away from accumulating more. Responsible financial behavior is important...but what's the point of having loads of stuff in your closet which you'll never have time to wear ?