Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I ordered the new straight leg earlier today. I was planning on buying new jeans for this year at SE when I'm in L.A. Next month, but I was worried I'd miss my chance at these if I waited.

How much loss of length have people experienced with a hot soak? I'm pretty talk, so I just want to know how careful I'll need to be with these. (My first unsanfordised, and first Roy purchase)

Thanks

HV

I ordered the new straight leg earlier today. I was planning on buying new jeans for this year at SE when I'm in L.A. Next month, but I was worried I'd miss my chance at these if I waited.

How much loss of length have people experienced with a hot soak? I'm pretty talk, so I just want to know how careful I'll need to be with these. (My first unsanfordised, and first Roy purchase)

Thanks

HV

mine shrunk 2-2.5 inches

I received my RS03s today, I'm admittedly a noob, but was very impressed with these; top-notch in every way. I'm waiting for them to dry after an hours soak in moderately hot water. I didn't want to lose too much length, as I'm 6'4".

I took a few quck phone pics pre-soak, I'm not sure how they sized from the iPhone.

8b64fd9d.jpg

3e73a196.jpg

57f9e7ad.jpg

The fabric on these feels thicker than that on my N&FxMomotaro skinny guys, even though it is spec'd lighter, the details are great, I think the lined pockets are going to add some major time to the longevity of back pockets. I also look forward to seeing the leather develop on these. During the soak I managed to get some indigo on the tag..I'm trying to decide if I want to try and clean it with saddle soap, or just leave it...thoughts?

My only other concern is that I carry a custom pocket knife clipped to my front pocket, it causes a cool fade, but tends to destroy the stitching. We'll see how these hold up.

From Roys site:::

" your patch here

On the latest run of jeans (RS3 and RN3), I didn’t do any “faux aging†on the patch. They are just treated with neatsfoot oil (explore that term if you are so inclined) and smoothed out. Since I am curious how they will look after a while I came up with a way to entice people to send me pictures of their aged patches. Its pretty informal. Send me a photo. If I like it, I’ll put it right here on the screen and you will receive the warm feeling of accomplishment and a pair of jeans. Photography counts here; Its a combo thing. There is no time limit. Essentially, they take a while to look cool and it can’t be rushed. I imagine there will be a bell curve of admissions and as they taper off, I’ll pass judgement. "

roy-patch0001-1024x732.jpg

Edited by robbie

I was afraid of that and unfortunately I already bought the MF jacket. I would almost rather have the ROY jacket.

Also looks like it will have some hand pockets, unlike most Levis denim jackets. Busted seam on the back should also produce some cool fading down the back. Another great production from ROY.

Also looks like it will have some hand pockets, unlike most Levis denim jackets. Busted seam on the back should also produce some cool fading down the back. Another great production from ROY.

I can't wait to see train tracks down the back of the jacket.